Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Takeaways from KC

CurBeatElite

2 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yes, we can use all the help we can get against other AFC South teams... I have a feeling it's going to be a tight race to get the AFC South crown and it looks as though we have the easiest remaining schedule in terms of non-divisional games.  

I think KC gets a few players (e.g., Hill) back next week and Reid is too good of a coach to get beaten like that again.

I was the same way -- I didn't think there was 'clear, indisputable evidence' to overturn that call.... but whatever, we won the game.  At least they had a 4th and 17 after that and had to punt, it would have been much more frustrating if they converted a first down the next play or something.

Doesn't make it ok I was starting to think that ref was a KC fan or something at one point every good play we made flag every time.

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Hypothetical bunkum. You definitely cannot predict what you profess to know and have presented as fact.

Mary Mary....... 

Presenting what as fact?  That if Shady and Hill were on the field at the same time they would have gotten the ball in space and KC would have scored more points?

And what's the alternative reason for them scoring only 13 points, the lowest in Mahomes career?

Because our defense is so stout without Leonard and Hooker?  I may buy half of that.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Presenting what as fact?  That if Shady and Hill were on the field at the same time they would have gotten the ball in space and KC would have scored more points?

And what's the alternative reason for them scoring only 13 points, the lowest in Mahomes career?

Because our defense is so stout without Leonard and Hooker?  I may buy half of that.

Hill has been hurt since week 1.  Shady hasn't touched the ball that many times this year.   They still had Hardman, Kelce and Pringle.    Kelce didn't have a catch in the second or third quarter.    The defense played great,   and would have been even better with DL and Hooker.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325676

This game day thread was hilarious to read. I thought we had some overracting fans, but they even have fans hoping our players die. Incredible read

That person has major issues, possibly brain damage. It is people like that, that makes wins like last night even more priceless.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Hill has been hurt since week 1.  Shady hasn't touched the ball that many times this year.   They still had Hardman, Kelce and Pringle.    Kelce didn't have a catch in the second or third quarter.    The defense played great,   and would have been even better with DL and Hooker.    

Look at who you are replying too. We could beat the Patriots 31-10 and he would find an excuse to why the Patriots lost and would say that we only played average lmao 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That person has major issues, possibly brain damage. It is people like that, that makes wins like last night even more priceless.

Agreed. I seriously thought about creating an account just to say so... until I realized that dude was one of their moderators!

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look at who you are replying too. We could beat the Patriots 31-10 and he would find an excuse to why the Patriots lost and would say that we only played average lmao 

You know, and this is a HUGE IF, but IF we make the playoffs, nothing would make it any sweeter than for Brissett and Reich to beat NE, in NE, and end their streak(assuming they are still undefeated at that point)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Agreed. I seriously thought about creating an account just to say so... until I realized that dude was one of their moderators!

Patriots planet had dude's like that too. I used to visit that place but it has been a while. You should see some of the posts there too haha . They are allowed to cuss there as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots planet had dude's like that too. I used to visit that place but it has been a while. You should see some of the posts there too haha . They are allowed to cuss there as well.

I wish we could cuss.  I’d cuss sometimes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots planet actually showing us a lot of respect right now after we beat the Chefs, surprisingly.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DougDew said:

Hanging on by your fingernails there, Dougie boy.

I will have a guess and say that if Kelse was out, you would be spouting that he would have run riot against our soft coverage up the middle. 

8 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I will have a guess and say that if Kelse was out, you would be spouting that he would have run riot against our soft coverage up the middle. 

Not at all. 

Why would he?  Hill and Shady were not on the field.  Its easy to stop one threat, which is what happened and its why TY disappears.  Its also why coaches like to have several dynamic players on the field and its why they're drafted.

See, what others know, you guess at.   And yet you call out others for saying something they don't know just because you don't know it yourself.  You probably shouldn't do that.

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not at all. 

Why would he?  Hill and Shady were not on the field.  Its easy to stop one threat, which is what happened and its why TY disappears.  Its also why coaches like to have several dynamic players on the field and its why they're drafted.

See, what others know, you guess at.   And yet you call out others for saying something they don't know just because you don't know it yourself.  You probably shouldn't do that.

Deflection. And Shady was on the field, and he fumbled. He was a dynamic player for sure. For us......

You are all about cherry picking hypotheticals to suit your narrative, which is just your style. 

You have no idea what would have happened had Hill played, yet you are getting all superior as if you know it all.

Personally, I have no clue how the game would have panned out had some of the missing players been involved.

I don't really care if I am honest.

3 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Deflection. And Shady was on the field, and he fumbled. He was a dynamic player for sure. For us......

You are all about cherry picking hypotheticals to suit your narrative, which is just your style. 

You have no idea what would have happened had Hill played, yet you are getting all superior as if you know it all.

Personally, I have no clue how the game would have panned out had some of the missing players been involved.

I don't really care if I am honest.

I have no idea why you choose to pick a fight and argue.  As usual, the thread gets derailed by comments that simply seek to do that.

Leonard was out.  Hooker was out.  And Moore was out part of the game.  Whomever took their reps are backups to them.  

Hill was out.  Apparently, Watkins was out.  Whomever took their reps were backups, possibly ascending young players, but they are not starters.

How is the statement, that our backups beat their backups, controversial?

One play I'm sure everyone remembers:  I don't know how many snaps Shady McCoy took, but one of them went for about 25 yards when he got the ball in space, and our BACKUP FS, Odum, both forced the fumble and made the tackle if it wasn't a fumble.  Our backup FS probably kept them from scoring on that drive, given the field position.

39 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I have no idea why you choose to pick a fight and argue.  As usual, the thread gets derailed by comments that simply seek to do that.

Leonard was out.  Hooker was out.  And Moore was out part of the game.  Whomever took their reps are backups to them.  

Hill was out.  Apparently, Watkins was out.  Whomever took their reps were backups, possibly ascending young players, but they are not starters.

How is the statement, that our backups beat their backups, controversial?

One play I'm sure everyone remembers:  I don't know how many snaps Shady McCoy took, but one of them went for about 25 yards when he got the ball in space, and our BACKUP FS, Odum, both forced the fumble and made the tackle if it wasn't a fumble.  Our backup FS probably kept them from scoring on that drive, given the field position.

Not sure why I am arguing either. So I shall stop now. 

Cheers

On 10/7/2019 at 1:40 PM, DougDew said:

That's because your point was derailing my original point. 

Saying that our backups beat their backups is a decent generalization, along with what looked like backup officials.  I'm happy about it.

I'd have to think that if Hill and Shady are on the field at the same time, they score more than 13 points.  And I'm not sure what our O could have done to score more than 16 points (KCs gimmie on 4th down) without opening us up to more of their pass rush, if Jones was there.

I'm not derailing your point, I'm debating it.

Shady is a scrub. Why are you putting so much stock in him? He's the one that we forced a fumble on anyways. And yes, Hill was out, but that didn't stop them from going 4-0, and it certainly didn't stop us from making doomsday predictions. I think the addition of Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker outweighs the addition of Hill and Chris Jones for the Chiefs. 

But to get to the main point, no, it's not a decent generalization. If you consider playing a team with a few key players being out as playing their backups, then we play backups every week. That's football. There will always be injuries. But you sound like a Chiefs fan scrounging for excuses if you say they were playing with backups.

2 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

I'm not derailing your point, I'm debating it.

Shady is a scrub. Why are you putting so much stock in him? He's the one that we forced a fumble on anyways. And yes, Hill was out, but that didn't stop them from going 4-0, and it certainly didn't stop us from making doomsday predictions. I think the addition of Darius Leonard and Malik Hooker outweighs the addition of Hill and Chris Jones for the Chiefs. 

But to get to the main point, no, it's not a decent generalization. If you consider playing a team with a few key players being out as playing their backups, then we play backups every week. That's football. There will always be injuries. But you sound like a Chiefs fan scrounging for excuses if you say they were playing with backups.

You're still talking about this?

On 10/7/2019 at 4:09 PM, DougDew said:

Did you not watch the game???????

This is the type of stuff that people say when they don't watch the game and can't believe that something happened. In this case, you want to blame the win (what a weird concept) on KC injuries cause it's soooo unfathomable that our defense could hold that offense to 13 points, but if you actually watched the game, you wouldn't have to guess and make up baseless theories, you'd already know why cause you saw it with your own eyes.

I think not having Watkins and Tyreek Hill makes some difference but I won't say we won because of that.  And that is because they haven't had them for weeks I do believe and they were still putting up lots of points.  Should have been able to do the same against us, but we played better than they did.  That's the bottom line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigQungus said:

Did you not watch the game???????

This is the type of stuff that people say when they don't watch the game and can't believe that something happened. In this case, you want to blame the win (what a weird concept) on KC injuries cause it's soooo unfathomable that our defense could hold that offense to 13 points, but if you actually watched the game, you wouldn't have to guess and make up baseless theories, you'd already know why cause you saw it with your own eyes.

I said that our backups beat their backups, an obvious generalization knowing full well we're talking about maybe 3 to 4 players on each side of the ball.  That would be injuries on BOTH teams, primarily KCs offense and our defense, so how can anybody make any assertion that without the injuries that KCs offense wouldn't have looked like it did last year in however many possessions they would have gotten the ball, considering that our defense is (supposedly) worse without Hooker, Geathers, and Leonard. (all things equal, KC would have had fewer possessions than last year because we executed a ball control offense better with last year's backup QB than our starting QB as of six weeks ago.)

We held them to 13 points with Hooker, Geathers, and Leonard not playing.  How do you twist that into saying that I'm blaming the win (solely) on KCs injuries?  

If anything, if KCs injuries on offense had nothing to do with it and it was about our defense, then a logical person might conclude that we won because of OUR injuries, that our backups are better than our starters in certain positions.  But I never said that either.  

I'm lost as to your argument.

Sorry, but if you don't understand, me repeating it again probably won't help.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think not having Watkins and Tyreek Hill makes some difference but I won't say we won because of that.  And that is because they haven't had them for weeks I do believe and they were still putting up lots of points.  Should have been able to do the same against us, but we played better than they did.  That's the bottom line.

This. They were still putting up over 30 pts a game. With backup safeties and missing our star LB we still held them to 13 pts. Anyone who watched the Detroit game could see KC was probably coming close to breaking. The difference with us is we were able to control the clock running and Detroit wasn’t. I won’t be shocked if Houston beats them this week either.

I still can't believe some are making excuses for KC losing, makes me lmao . Hill didn't play whooptydoo. Mahomes and Kelce played and they were 4-0 putting up 30 a game and playing at home. Besides not having Leonard, Hooker, and Funchess, if I wanted to get technical I can say we just beat them without Andrew Luck. Going into the season Brissett was our backup and according to some in here he is a backup in reality. So we beat them with a so-called backup QB like Foles led Philly to the SB and beat Tom Brady while Wentz watched.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still can't believe some are making excuses for KC losing, makes me lmao . Hill didn't play whooptydoo. Mahomes and Kelce played and they were 4-0 putting up 30 a game and playing at home. Besides not having Leonard, Hooker, and Funchess, if I wanted to get technical I can say we just beat them without Andrew Luck. Going into the season Brissett was our backup and according to some in here he is a backup in reality. So we beat them with a so-called backup QB like Foles led Philly to the SB and beat Tom Brady while Wentz watched.

Sammy Watkins is someone too, you know, Playing in those 1st 4 games.
 Like in those 1st 4 games averaging

6 catches
 90+ yards
  3 total td's

23 hours ago, DougDew said:

I said that our backups beat their backups, an obvious generalization knowing full well we're talking about maybe 3 to 4 players on each side of the ball.  That would be injuries on BOTH teams, primarily KCs offense and our defense, so how can anybody make any assertion that without the injuries that KCs offense wouldn't have looked like it did last year in however many possessions they would have gotten the ball, considering that our defense is (supposedly) worse without Hooker, Geathers, and Leonard. (all things equal, KC would have had fewer possessions than last year because we executed a ball control offense better with last year's backup QB than our starting QB as of six weeks ago.)

We held them to 13 points with Hooker, Geathers, and Leonard not playing.  How do you twist that into saying that I'm blaming the win (solely) on KCs injuries?  

If anything, if KCs injuries on offense had nothing to do with it and it was about our defense, then a logical person might conclude that we won because of OUR injuries, that our backups are better than our starters in certain positions.  But I never said that either.  

I'm lost as to your argument.

Sorry, but if you don't understand, me repeating it again probably won't help.

You need to check which comment I'm responding to before you write this long speech. I was responding to this comment, not our previous discussion.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:09 PM, DougDew said:

And anyways here you clearly say that if Shady and Hill were on the field at the same time they would've scored more points, and that there's clearly no alternative reason for us holding Mahomes to only 13 points. And then you say that I'm twisting your position into saying that you're blaming the win on KC's injuries, when you said just a little bit ago that there's clearly no alternative reason for us holding Mahomes to only 13 points.

21 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

You need to check which comment I'm responding to before you write this long speech. I was responding to this comment, not our previous discussion.

And anyways here you clearly say that if Shady and Hill were on the field at the same time they would've scored more points, and that there's clearly no alternative reason for us holding Mahomes to only 13 points. And then you say that I'm twisting your position into saying that you're blaming the win on KC's injuries, when you said just a little bit ago that there's clearly no alternative reason for us holding Mahomes to only 13 points.

You've been arguing with me for many posts.  My posts all fit together, within the theme of the topic of the thread  "Takeaways from the KC game"   not  "why we won".  There are many reasons why we won and they lost.  One of them is injuries to their side of the ball....which factors into the "takeaways from the game" theme of the conversation that their backups did not play as well as our backups, when matched up together in whatever scheme or gameplan they had.  Yes.  If Hill, Watkins, and Shady were on the field, I am certain they would have scored more points.  I am certain that Hill (and all of them) is harder to cover in man coverage than whomever they played in his role...or Reid may have even eliminated the play-calls altogether because nobody else could run them as well. 

Obviously, its possible that if Hill were playing, (or any other starter) he would drop every pass, fumble every hand off, trip over his own feet, and KC would not have scored more points.  But I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation, not just a conversation.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:38 AM, CurBeatElite said:

-I was very unimpressed by Odum on the KC TD pass... I get we were in a zone, but when a play breaks down like that, there has to be some instincts to go cover the wide-open guy that's 3 yards away from you in the end zone.  He made up for it though with a terrific tackle late in the game when KC almost converted on 3rd and 28 (that tackle, which resulted in a 4th and 1 which Houston stuffed was a game-changer, for sure).  I thought that PI call on him late in the game was a garbage call, he had himself in good position and got screwed by some good acting on the WR's part.

Odum also punched the ball out on Shady McCoys fumble. And trust me, as a former DB myself, when the QB starts scrambling it is a literal free for all out there and most DB's panic because your man literally can run anywhere at that point. Just tip your cap to an excellent throw by Mahomes and move on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Odum also punched the ball out on Shady McCoys fumble. And trust me, as a former DB myself, when the QB starts scrambling it is a literal free for all out there and most DB's panic because your man literally can run anywhere at that point. Just tip your cap to an excellent throw by Mahomes and move on.

Yea, Odum made a nice play by forcing McCoy to fumble.

Did you play DB in the NFL?  Got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to 'panic'?

Mahommes made a nice throw, but there is no reason why that WR should have been that wide open.  

Hopefully watching the tape will help, but that was awful defense there on that play and there is no reason why an NFL DB should 'panic' if a play breaks down, that should've gotten out of their system in highschool and been developed in college and maybe once reprimanded as a 'rookie mistake' in the NFL  -- wizard of oz dorothy GIF

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

You've been arguing with me for many posts.  My posts all fit together, within the theme of the topic of the thread  "Takeaways from the KC game"   not  "why we won".  There are many reasons why we won and they lost.  One of them is injuries to their side of the ball....which factors into the "takeaways from the game" theme of the conversation that their backups did not play as well as our backups, when matched up together in whatever scheme or gameplan they had.  Yes.  If Hill, Watkins, and Shady were on the field, I am certain they would have scored more points.  I am certain that Hill (and all of them) is harder to cover in man coverage than whomever they played in his role...or Reid may have even eliminated the play-calls altogether because nobody else could run them as well. 

Obviously, its possible that if Hill were playing, (or any other starter) he would drop every pass, fumble every hand off, trip over his own feet, and KC would not have scored more points.  But I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation, not just a conversation.

For gosh sakes, I'm not trying to be politically correct or anything, but stop saying we were playing the backup Chiefs!! That's partly why you've received negative feedback for that comment, because it implies as if we weren't really facing the real thing, as if this was just some sort of meaningless preseason game that has no implication on whether we could actually beat the Chiefs. 

No one is arguing that they may have scored more points without their injuries, and if we didn't get our injured players back. The problems arises when you say something like there is no alternative reason for the Chiefs offense scoring only 13 points, the lowest in Mahomes career. That's simply ignorant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yea, Odum made a nice play by forcing McCoy to fumble.

Did you play DB in the NFL?  Got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to 'panic'?

Mahommes made a nice throw, but there is no reason why that WR should have been that wide open.  

Hopefully watching the tape will help, but that was awful defense there on that play and there is no reason why an NFL DB should 'panic' if a play breaks down, that should've gotten out of their system in highschool and been developed in college and maybe once reprimanded as a 'rookie mistake' in the NFL  -- wizard of oz dorothy GIF

DB's 'panic' all the time, hence the 5-Yard Holding Penalties resulting in an automatic First Down. They also 'panic' on the deep down the field PI calls too quite often.

I didn't have to play in the NFL at all to know this...

On 10/7/2019 at 3:47 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chiefs planet is a cesspool of immature, directionless, anger filled, juveniles. 

On 10/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, Nickster said:

I wish we could cuss.  I’d cuss sometimes.

I cuss some of the * time. The filter takes care of it for me! Just don't try to circumvent it to make sure people know what word you used. 

On 10/7/2019 at 6:12 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should have heard me last night pacing around the room when the REFS called that PI on TY lmao 

ya, I shall keep my responses un-repeated. 

On 10/7/2019 at 7:21 PM, braveheartcolt said:

The ignore feature can be your friend. :) Not sure, but sometimes folks are just.....

ENTP — Extraversion (E), Intuition (N), Thinking (T), Perception (P)

"The Debater”

A personality type who loves to bicker. They have fun seeing how far they can go in an argument before the other person breaks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

One of them is injuries to their side of the ball....which factors into the "takeaways from the game" theme of the conversation that their backups did not play as well as our backups, when matched up together in whatever scheme or gameplan they had.  Yes.  If Hill, Watkins, and Shady were on the field, I am certain they would have scored more points. 

Colts defense would be better with their two best players as well.  i know you go far out of your way to say hooker isnt that important, but hes the perfect kind of safety to slow down tyreek hill

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

DB's 'panic' all the time, hence the 5-Yard Holding Penalties resulting in an automatic First Down. They also 'panic' on the deep down the field PI calls too quite often.

I didn't have to play in the NFL at all to know this...

They also panic seeing the big Q coming their way. 

• Like 1