Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fans rallying around the team

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love this. I love the fans are showing that they are not as terrible as the media wants to portray them. . Seems they are also now in the acceptance stage and rallying around the team.

This sounds great. I've been talking to my friends about the season, and I'm slowly getting back into it as well. The most important thing to remember is that Brissett isn't Luck, and we have to expect different things from him. Hopefully this team can surprise us. The team around Brissett is very good now, unlike 2017.

• Like 2

Yes it is Jacoby time. And yes the Colts are still my team. The fan in me wish Andrew would have played this year. But I understand, get healthy Andrew.

As for how the national media portray this fan base for booing at the game Saturday is highly inappropriate. You can say want but given the right circumstances. All of us, any of will boo.

Case in point you spend your hard earned money to go to a concert to see your favorite music performer. The place is packed and two minutes before the show they announce the artist isn’t coming. And they don’t tell you why. There will be no refunds, that crowd will boo.

I’m looking forward to this year. I wear my blue and white respectfully 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I wear my colts hat every day at work. Have been and always will be a Colts fan. Just moved to TN from Lafayette. I have met a few fans of the Colts. 

Lots of us Colts fans here in TN.  A lot of Peyton fans from his UT days "migrated" with him to the Colts. He's still so popular here that he could probably be elected Governor without even campaigning. Of course, some of it is also attributable to the Titans having such an awful team for so many years. 

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

Lots of us Colts fans here in TN.  A lot of Peyton fans from his UT days "migrated" with him to the Colts. He's still so popular here that he could probably be elected Governor without even campaigning. Of course, some of it is also attributable to the Titans having such an awful team for so many years. 

I couldn't switch off of being a fan of the Colts (not saying you did from titans to colts). Been watching them since I was a kid and it's just in my blood now. The first memories I have are of Jim Mora getting fired. That's as early as I can get back in the depths of my mind. 

What brought you to the Colts? 

• Like 1

Good to hear. It seems on tv and social media the few thousand Colts fans that boo’d are causing a narrative that all Colts fans are terrible. Seen several comments calling us the new Philly. 

I dont live in Indiana anymore but I was born and raised there..every friend and family member that is a Colts fan has done nothing but be supportive of Luck’s decision whether they truly buy it or not. I’m just ready for the games to start so we can get past the events of that Saturday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm actually past a lot of my despair that I experienced in the first 3 days.  I'll probably watch and see how they do.

I remembered that Brissett lost a lot of games in 2017 by less then 1 score with a much worse team.  

Yep. It could easily have been a nine win team. He had the lead in a lot of those games at halftime. There really is no excuse with this team around him. I think we might even see more big plays because JB has a better deep ball then Luck. You got TY, Cain, Campbell. Then add Hines. We are fast. We are as fast as KC I think. Then you add size with DF and Ebron. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. It could easily have been a nine win team. He had the lead in a lot of those games at halftime. There really is no excuse with this team around him. I think we might even see more big plays because JB has a better deep ball then Luck. You got TY, Cain, Campbell. Then add Hines. We are fast. We are as fast as KC I think. Then you add size with DF and Ebron. 

And Mo adds some sizable pass catching along with Doyle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This sounds great. I've been talking to my friends about the season, and I'm slowly getting back into it as well. The most important thing to remember is that Brissett isn't Luck, and we have to expect different things from him. Hopefully this team can surprise us. The team around Brissett is very good now, unlike 2017.

I never stopped supporting the team even though I was at first ticked off luck retired but I stewed for 24 hours then moved on thanked him for what he did for this team and moved on to this season hope Brissett can lead this team for the future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Hey, I've worn my Chad Kelly jersey twice this week, does anyone else have one? Is it very often someone gets a jersey of the backup qb before the season starts?

Kelly looks to be a starter somewhere I hope it is in Indy.  Look at the rookie for the Giants for example. If Brissett stumbles it will be Kelly's team. 

4 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Hey, I've worn my Chad Kelly jersey twice this week, does anyone else have one? Is it very often someone gets a jersey of the backup qb before the season starts?

I hope he sticks, going to feel bad for you if he doesn’t....maybe you can get the numbers changed for Ryan Kelley, or the name to whoever takes the number next?

10 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I wear my colts hat every day at work. Have been and always will be a Colts fan. Just moved to TN from Lafayette. I have met a few fans of the Colts. 

Heck we might of been neighbors!

2 hours ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Good to hear. It seems on tv and social media the few thousand Colts fans that boo’d are causing a narrative that all Colts fans are terrible. Seen several comments calling us the new Philly. 

I dont live in Indiana anymore but I was born and raised there..every friend and family member that is a Colts fan has done nothing but be supportive of Luck’s decision whether they truly buy it or not. I’m just ready for the games to start so we can get past the events of that Saturday. 

a lot of people out there hate this team and troll it constantly, mostly because of deflategate

the media is over blowing the whole booing luck thing, but the haters dont need much to start trash talking again.  any nfl fan base would have had some people booing in that situation 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Almost every game we played with Brissett we had the lead at halftime.  Problem was in the 2nd half the offense always went to sleep after adjustments were made and the defense would give up just enough points to turn the tide in the oppositions favor.  Either that or  an untimely turnover from Brissett.  We should be a lot better this time around at grabbing a lead and maintaining it.  At least I have pretty decent hopes it will turn that way. We've got all the parts not to get shut out in the 2nd half this time.  Plus our defense has a lot more talent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I couldn't switch off of being a fan of the Colts (not saying you did from titans to colts). Been watching them since I was a kid and it's just in my blood now. The first memories I have are of Jim Mora getting fired. That's as early as I can get back in the depths of my mind. 

What brought you to the Colts? 

I used to live in Indy ('88 - '04) and married a Hoosier lady. It's been 15 years, and I still can't get excited about the Titans. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

a lot of people out there hate this team and troll it constantly, mostly because of deflategate

the media is over blowing the whole booing luck thing, but the haters dont need much to start trash talking again.  any nfl fan base would have had some people booing in that situation 

Yea lol my non Colts fans troll us over how easy banners go up haha “AFC Finalist” 

35 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Yea lol my non Colts fans troll us over how easy banners go up haha “AFC Finalist” 

What is funny is, when we hung the AFC Finalist banner in 1995 most Colts fans thought that was the greatest thing ever and had no problem with it. We hang one in 2014 and people troll about it. Actually the one hung in 2014 makes more sense because Deflategate was involved. Hanging those types of banners has been something the Colts have done since they have moved here in 1984. People need to get over it. The Texans franchise started in 2002 and they have never been to an AFC Title game, so their fans have 0 right to troll a banner like that for example. Most people that trolled that banner was Pats fans just to be doing it to rub in the loss. Deflategate = cheating, no other way to slice it even had we lost 100-0.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

i think it would be funny to hang one during the texans game this year.  they won the division but the colts were the wild card champions lol

I am not completely over Andrew retiring because with him we had a real chance of going to the SB IMO. Having said that I have been a Colts fan since 1984 and have moved on realizing I have no choice. Time to get behind Brissett who I do like as he is our QB now. So I am all in rooting for the team as usual. I went through the days of 1984-1986 when we were pathetic so I have seen the worst + the stinky Jeff George days haha .

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not completely over Andrew retiring because with him we had a real chance of going to the SB IMO. Having said that I have been a Colts fan since 1984 and have moved on realizing I have no choice. Time to get behind Brissett who I do like as he is our QB now. So I am all in rooting for the team as usual. I went through the days of 1984-1986 when we were pathetic so I have seen the worst + the stinky Jeff George days haha .

Maybe it is the coach in me but titles are a luxury not a must

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Maybe it is the coach in me but titles are a luxury not a must

I have always felt like winning at least 1 title justifies a teams greatness. Had the Colts not won one in the Manning era that would've very been disappointing IMO. Had the Cubs not won at least one with the teams they have had over the last 5 seasons that would've been disappointing. I realize how hard it is to win a Title so I do not expect my favorite teams to win it all every year but without a championship the resume is not complete. Dan Marino, Karl Malone, and Barry Bonds will tell you that. Ask this Dodgers same core team how they feel without a Title. They have been borderline great all decade and have no Titles to show for it.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have always felt like winning at least 1 title justifies a teams greatness. Had the Colts not won one in the Manning era that would've very been disappointing IMO. Had the Cubs not won at least one with the teams they have had over the last 5 seasons that would've been disappointing. I realize how hard it is to win a Title so I do not expect my favorite teams to win it all every year but without a championship the resume is not complete. Dan Marino, Karl Malone, and Barry Bonds will tell you that. Ask this Dodgers same core team how they feel without a Title. They have been borderline great all decade and have no Titles to show for it.

it kind of sucks we never won one with Luck too but we had like 2 good teams in the 6 years he played

now we have probably the best colts team since we last went to the super bowl but QB is the question mark 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Deflategate is one thing.   The handling of Luck's original shoulder injury in 2016 and 2017, Irsay generally being Irsay, and the rather shabby way Manning left the franchise also don't help the image we have right now.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is funny is, when we hung the AFC Finalist banner in 1995 most Colts fans thought that was the greatest thing ever and had no problem with it. We hang one in 2014 and people troll about it. Actually the one hung in 2014 makes more sense because Deflategate was involved. Hanging those types of banners has been something the Colts have done since they have moved here in 1984. People need to get over it. The Texans franchise started in 2002 and they have never been to an AFC Title game, so their fans have 0 right to troll a banner like that for example. Most people that trolled that banner was Pats fans just to be doing it to rub in the loss. Deflategate = cheating, no other way to slice it even had we lost 100-0.   

I don't want to start the Deflategate  argument all over again but there is just no point clinging to the Deflategate narrative anymore.  Not only is there no hard evidence anything was manually deflated at all, but the Colts balls were below PSI too, and even ignoring all that, given the way that whole mess was handled by the league, sticking to the narrative now is nothing but a good way to pointlessly discredit yourself. 

If he cheated, the league botched the investigation so horribly it has no leg to stand on.  If he didn't, it was a witch hunt from the beginning.  And we have no way to tell right now which it really was.

Whether the Patriots did or did not cheat 5 years ago, there's no way to prove it now, the league never did find concrete evidence of cheating on either the part of Brady or the Patriots org, at least not in terms of the specific Deflategate allegations, and it's been 5 years since any serious allegation of Patriot misbehavior has come out.  Really need the fanbase to get behind the concept of the sunk-cost fallacy, recognize a losing proposition when they see one, and move on.

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I don't want to start the Deflategate  argument all over again but there is just no point clinging to the Deflategate narrative anymore.  Not only is there no hard evidence anything was manually deflated at all, but the Colts balls were below PSI too, and even ignoring all that, given the way that whole mess was handled by the league, sticking to the narrative now is nothing but a good way to pointlessly discredit yourself. 

If he cheated, the league botched the investigation so horribly it has no leg to stand on.  If he didn't, it was a witch hunt from the beginning.  And we have no way to tell right now which it really was.

Whether the Patriots did or did not cheat 5 years ago, there's no way to prove it now, the league never did find concrete evidence of cheating on either the part of Brady or the Patriots org, at least not in terms of the specific Deflategate allegations, and it's been 5 years since any serious allegation of Patriot misbehavior has come out.  Really need the fanbase to get behind the concept of the sunk-cost fallacy, recognize a losing proposition when they see one, and move on.

Well then Pats fans and some other Colts fans need to get over us hanging a final 4 banner which we have done since the franchise has been here. I am over losing the game in 2014, they were the better team anyway but Tom did get suspended for 4 games so Goodell thought they were guilty. Had it been nothing, Tom would've been fined 50,000 dollars and the whole thing would've been laughed off. Regardless of what people think, that will always be a blemish on Tom's resume that he was suspended 4 games over that. It is what it is and it's on his resume. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well then Pats fans and some other Colts fans need to get over us hanging a final 4 banner which we have done since the franchise has been here. I am over losing the game in 2014, they were the better team anyway but Tom did get suspended for 4 games so Goodell thought they were guilty. Had it been nothing, Tom would've been fined 50,000 dollars and the whole thing would've been laughed off. Regardless of what people think, that will always be a blemish on Tom's resume that he was suspended 4 games over that. It is what it is and it's on his resume. 

Frankly that suspension still confuses me.  There was no basis for it. 

the pretext for the suspension was ludicrous -- that he possibly knew somthing but we can't prove it, and anyway he junked his phone.  that was the literal justification for a 4 game NFL suspension?   What?

For the record I don't think I'd willingly surrender my phone to the NFL head office as it existed at that time either.  It's well known that they leak like a sieve, and like a loving husband he probably had a few compromising photos of Gisele on that thing.

The only reason he had time to junk the phone was the NFL investigators took their time deciding they wanted it -- to me, that's on them.  Don't expect a guy to keep evidence on ice for you indefinitely when he isn't sure he has to.

Bottom line nothing he was suspended for had any actual connection with inflating or not inflating footballs in January of 2014.  It was the NFL having very publicly failed to find any actual evidence of complicity between Brady and the equipment team, and didn't even find evidence of any actual wrongdoing in the first place, and instead of issuing mea culpas they found a way to do something to salve their ego and pretend they solved anything.  

I don't care if Brady has horns and hooves and is the literal Antichrist.  A "justice" system that issues harsh punishments with no direct evidence, or for petty reasons, is bad news for the entire league and throws into doubt any other judgment or suspension that this head office issues.

Bottom line, if you want justice for your guys, you better call for justice for the other guy.  Otherwise the system doesn't work.