Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 Chargers

MarquisJ

Very unfortunate but looks like Derwin James is out for some time (Week 1) was looking forward to that battle between him and our offense but should make it even more winnable now if we have Andrew healthy. Prayers to James and a speedy recovery! Thoughts?

• Like 1

Tough loss for them. Derwin is a beast and, besides Bosa, was my biggest concern on their defense.

And talk about a team unlucky with injuries. I know we've ended up in the bottom 5-10 in injuries in most recent years, but the Chargers IMO have to be one of the more snake bitten teams.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like Gordon might continue to hold out also. The chargers are a good franchise I am sure they have some depth that will step up. Keenan Allen also suffered a foot injury. That one doesn’t look to serious though.

The Chargers are in the Vikings and Bills category as being among the best franchises that have never won a SB. Chargers have had some very good teams = 1980 and 1981 seasons with Fouts and Winslow, they went to the SB in the 1994 season, and the teams Rivers has had in 2006, 2007, 2009 seasons, and last year were pretty good. 

They should make a 2 hour special on greatest franchises that have never won a SB. It would probably feature the 1981 Chargers or 2007 Chargers - both lost in the AFC Title game, 1990 Bills, and either the 1974 Vikings or 1998 Vikings.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Certainly helps the Colts chances with a most likely Jacoby Brissett lead offense. 

I would much prefer seeing both teams at full strength though. 

What are you seeing that Luck will "most likely" miss week one ? 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Certainly helps the Colts chances with a most likely Jacoby Brissett lead offense. 

I would much prefer seeing both teams at full strength though. 

I would say it's 50/50. I honestly can't decide at all. The latest report has said the Colts have quiet optimism, but the nature of the injury seems to be unclear even to the doctors, and that's never good.

I think it's honestly just anyone's guess

4 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

I would say it's 50/50. I honestly can't decide at all. The latest report has said the Colts have quiet optimism, but the nature of the injury seems to be unclear even to the doctors, and that's never good.

I think it's honestly just anyone's guess

Don’t believe the nature of the injury is unclear. They know. Remember Luck is in control of what health information gets released. Just because they say a high ankle issue doesn’t mean they have no diagnosis.

Derwin James Out

Gotdan. may be a hold  out

Keenan Allen May or May not play

Russell Okung- pro bowl left tackle most likely out do to recovery from blood clots 

The colts are actually really healthy. Take Luck off the table sheard so far is the only one most likely to miss that first game. Unless we see injuries in the 3 pre season games or during practice.

I do not like the sounds of miss a significant amount of time I literally just fractured the same bone on Tuesday playing flag football I was hoping for a speedy recovery but if someone with the best doctors around will miss a significant amount of time I don't like my chances lol

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I'm sure Chargers can easily get one of Rivers' 100 kids to sub in.

Edit: On a more serious note, we may complain about our injuries, but the Chargers truly have bad luck with injuries. 

We came through camp with no significant injuries. Even Geathers stayed healthy. Hopefully it will stay that way for week one. I think Reichs plan to keep them healthy through camp has wotked.

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Tough loss for them. Derwin is a beast and, besides Bosa, was my biggest concern on their defense.

And talk about a team unlucky with injuries. I know we've ended up in the bottom 5-10 in injuries in most recent years, but the Chargers IMO have to be one of the more snake bitten teams.

Uh don't forget about melvin ingram he can definitely be a problem

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone find it strange that everyone is saying this game is a loss even with Luck. I can’t believe how much disrespect this team is getting from local media. The chargers had a better record on the road last year then at home. They always seem to start slow and get hot midway through the season. 

I feel like we always really struggle with them. I’m not surprised we are being picked to lose, especially since it’s away. 

Kinda surprised though, we won against them in 2016. 26-22. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CamMo said:

I feel like we always really struggle with them. I’m not surprised we are being picked to lose, especially since it’s away. 

Kinda surprised though, we won against them in 2016. 26-22. 

Yes we have had problems in the past but that was a while ago. I know they are good and it’s going to be hard. I just find it funny people are saying no way we can win.

25 minutes ago, CamMo said:

I know right?!.. the Drew Brees lead team in 04 was tough. The one where Peyton got 49.

Then they ended our undefeated streak.

The backups got us in 07..

Punter in 08..

A monday night against them in what..13? We just didn't show up.

We've beaten them once since 2004?? LOL :lol: Don't like playing them game 1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I know right?!.. the Drew Brees lead team in 04 was tough. The one where Peyton got 49.

Punter in 08..

Orrrrr look at this way...we get to exorcise some demons early. Warming up to eventually handle the Steelers in November haha one can hope.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Orrrrr look at this way...we get to exorcise some demons early. Warming up to eventually handle the Steelers in November haha one can hope.

true true lol another team we just cant seem to beat.. since that blowout Monday night in 04 they have just kicked us around. I think we took one game.. a comeback in 08

13 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Punter in 08..

Don’t forget Sproles.

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

We struggled  versus the chargers in the past, but those were the manning led teams which were built differently  than our current  team.

People are going to bring up that 2013 road game against the Chargers too, but we still don't know how a Reich coached team will do against them. Night and day difference from when we played them under Pagano.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CamMo said:

11 hours ago, runthepost said:

Need revenge on the Saints. Last time at the superdome was the nightmare game 62-7:hairout:

Hmm, maybe this year will be our "Revenge Tour"...

Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers, and Saints are all away games this year, then the Pats in Foxboro in the AFCCG... that would be one heck of a road-trip!  :goodluck:

We've suffered a painful playoff loss to every one of those teams, it's time for some payback on our way to Miami!!!  :lombardi:

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers, and Saints are all away games this year, then the Pats in Foxboro in the AFCCG... that would be one heck of a road-trip!  :goodluck:

We've suffered a painful playoff loss to every one of those teams, it's time for some payback on our way to Miami!!!  :lombardi:

LOL...revenge tour.  I like it.  If we beat S.D. then I would run with that, haha.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I really want to play the Patriots at Foxboro moreso than I do at home. It would be poetic to have the Colts be the team to dethrone the Patriots in front of their fans after all these years of ridicule.

Not the Chiefs......not the Chargers.....them damn Colts.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Uh don't forget about melvin ingram he can definitely be a problem

Oh, I didn't mean Bosa and Derwin are the only guys to be concerned with. The Chargers have good players across the board on defense. I mean, I'd put their CB unit among the best in the league.

• Like 1