Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Have Nothing Left At Wr

COLT in J-ville

Re-sign Wayne to an incentive laden deal, draft 2 speedy wideouts in the draft to fit the vertical offense that Arians runs.

Draft O-linemen to keep Luck upright till more tools arrive in 2013. That is how this has to go, in progression. I do not see any other way.

Draft primarily first, win a little, more free agents in 2013, win more, and take it from there.

Draft a wide receiver or two in the later rounds, but I go for a corner or DT in second round and what ever one of those I go for in 2nd round I go for opposite in the third, we also need a guard and maybe a center at this point

Does the season start next week and im just not aware of it? I didn't think so. Seems like there is plenty of time, maybe you should just wait like the rest of us and see what happens.

I was opening it up to thoughts on what we should/will do. I know the season doesn't start next week there sweetness

Re-sign Wayne to an incentive laden deal, draft 2 speedy wideouts in the draft to fit the vertical offense that Arians runs.

Draft O-linemen to keep Luck upright till more tools arrive in 2013. That is how this has to go, in progression. I do not see any other way.

Draft primarily first, win a little, more free agents in 2013, win more, and take it from there.

You do realize there is virtually no chance what so ever that Reggie stays with the Colts and signs an incentive laden deal....right? No chance, Reggie is looking for a retirement contract and he sure as heck won't take a deal like you propose.

one hit to the head and he's done. he's the riskiest player we have. He shouldn't count as a player but as a backup even though he'll start because of threat of injury. he counts as zero players.

That kid is one hit away from retirement, unfortunately. He's one of my favorite Colts. I really like Luck having a familiar target with Chris Owusu, but he's in the exact same situation as Collie. For his own safety I hope he hangs it up and uses his degree. Football isn't worth playing if you're putting yourself at risk for Alzheimers.

On the roster,

we have:

#17 Austin Collie

#12 Quan Cosby

#16 Jarred Fayson

#10 Jeremy Ross

#15 Blair White

Quan Cosby turns 30 this year and ran a 4.5 - 40 @ Texas. Jarred Fayson was good @ Illinois. I watched him play many times. He ran a 4.39 - 40 and had a 39" Vertical @ 6' tall, but still was an UDFA. Jeremy Ross ran a 4.4 and had a 39" Vertical @ 6' tall. Was released in the final cut last year by the Patriots. We don't have a #1 WR. Collie is a great slot receiver and i think he's good enough to be a #2, but we need better WRs than what we have. I think this is what Colt in J-Ville was trying to express. BTW, thanks for your input on the Salary Cap! it's really helped me see things more clearly :)

Quan Cosby turns 30 this year and ran a 4.5 - 40 @ Texas. Jarred Fayson was good @ Illinois. I watched him play many times. He ran a 4.39 - 40 and had a 39" Vertical @ 6' tall, but still was an UDFA. Jeremy Ross ran a 4.4 and had a 39" Vertical @ 6' tall. Was released in the final cut last year by the Patriots. We don't have a #1 WR. Collie is a great slot receiver and i think he's good enough to be a #2, but we need better WRs than what we have. I think this is what Colt in J-Ville was trying to express. BTW, thanks for your input on the Salary Cap! it's really helped me see things more clearly :)

No doubt about it that this group of WRs on the roster is a bit untested. Part of the good thing about rebuilding is to test out the bottom of your roster, along with whatever draftee WRs you pick, to see what gems shine and could be starters in TC.

I agree with what other posters have posted about the priority is in getting an effective OL first.

You're welcome regarding the salary cap info.

Well we still don't have a lot at WR even with Reggie:

1. Reggie

2. Austin

3. Blair

don't worry about the other players, they wont sign, but Jeremy Ross has a chance.

sweet, Luck won't have to buy out all of Quan Cosby's jersey's! lol

Well we still don't have a lot at WR even with Reggie:

1. Reggie

2. Austin

3. Blair

don't worry about the other players, they wont sign, but Jeremy Ross has a chance.

I think there is a chance they resign Gonzo on the dirt cheap, and I think they use a lower draft pick on a flyer wide receiver. May not be the deepest we have been in the past several years, but boy it looks a heck of a lot better adding #87 back into that discussion.

I think there is a chance they resign Gonzo on the dirt cheap, and I think they use a lower draft pick on a flyer wide receiver. May not be the deepest we have been in the past several years, but boy it looks a heck of a lot better adding #87 back into that discussion.

They said that they will not resign Gonzo. It was announced yesterday. He is not a Colt anymore.

Wayne is as good as gone, he will not sign with the Colts. He will follow Manning even though he said he's not waiting for Manning. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side so I hope he picks the right team.

You might want to rethink that. haha

lol

You do realize there is virtually no chance what so ever that Reggie stays with the Colts and signs an incentive laden deal....right? No chance, Reggie is looking for a retirement contract and he sure as heck won't take a deal like you propose.

Wayne is as good as gone, he will not sign with the Colts. He will follow Manning even though he said he's not waiting for Manning. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side so I hope he picks the right team.

lol

Itcwas reported yesterday that the colts have told gonzo they will not be offering him a new contract