Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell already Impressing

Everyone said the best rookie wide receiver will be the one that’s goes to the best QB.

Something else to keep in mind. Everyone talks about him having to learn the nfl route tree.  What analysts don’t stop to realize is  maybe some of these kids work on that stuff in their own free time. Just because OSU didnt use him right doesn’t mean he didn’t work on that stuff in his free time.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know it’s not in game stuff but interesting he seems to be fielding the deep balls really well. 

Some were saying that he was misused at Ohio State and showed very well with routes and tracking deep ball at the combine. So maybe no big surprise ?

• Like 2

I am really excited about this upcoming season. I think this is the year where we take a step back into the upper echelon of NFL teams where we are considered contenders again. Personally, I am thankful for our owner Mr. Irsay and his ability to trust his guys in Ballard and Coach Reich. Very excited about the direction our franchise in heading in!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Some were saying that he was misused at Ohio State and showed very well with routes and tracking deep ball at the combine. So maybe no big surprise ?

There have also been a few videos floating around showing that whenever he did go deep, Haskins would miss him by a mile. The deep ball accuracy was one of Haskins' major criticisms so there's probably a few reasons why he wasn't used deep.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

There have also been a few videos floating around showing that whenever he did go deep, Haskins would miss him by a mile. The deep ball accuracy was one of Haskins' major criticisms so there's probably a few reasons why he wasn't used deep.

I saw some of those. Haskins did not do him any favors. They were awful throws.

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If that is the case , it cost the guy an awful lot of money. 

As an avid Spartan fan I found it humorous how everyone was dogging my boy Khari Willis. Can't wait for him to prove everyone wrong. He is one of those guys that is always in the right place at the right time and was the heart and soul of one of the best defenses (not named Bama or Clemson) in the nation last year in the college ranks.

Won't be shocked when he is starting by the end of the season next year.

• Like 7

Love his honesty....as opposed to being braggadocios. 

“Since I never done it, everyone just kinda put a ‘no’ on it,” he said. “But I’m not going to lie to you, it’s something I need to work on just because I didn’t have experience".

The whole "playing outside receiver" part of the report really is interesting. I said earlier he could play anywhere (Z, Slot, or even X) if he can beat the press at the line. I know it's early, but this is great news. If Cain is slow to come back, or god forbid never gets his speed back, It would be really nice to have Parris as an outside option. No sense over analyzing now or making assumptions, but interesting nonetheless. I'd say at minimum they could use him as a situational speed X.

4 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

I heard him speak on the NFL network and he seems like a bright and enthusiastic young man.  He was very happy that he has the locker next to TY and plans on driving him crazy with questions and advice!

Ty should well acquainted about this.  I remembering reading about him doing it to Reggie his rookie season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It seems Willis is looking good also. From what I read everyone said he was the one player which could step in immediately if there was a injury.

Our safeties  always get hurt so he'll play