Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

8 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Anyone know anything on Ben? 

He's someone I continuously moved up my board as time progressed. He needs to develop some more moves on the outside, but he was extremely productive at TCU and had all kinds of TFLs. 

Then he goes to the senior bowl and has a good week and follows that up with a great combine showing his athleticism. He ended up as a mid-late second round grade for me.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Is Riley Ridley of Georgia still on the board?

I thought he was good

He was projected around the 3rd by most and at this rate, he could fall to the 4th unless there's a run on WR's.

From ESPN:

Banogu is an athletic edge defender with good length and speed. He slips blocks and disrupts plays in the backfield. He has a quick first step and good flexibility for a speed rusher. Banogu played outside linebacker during Senior Bowl practices and appeared to get more comfortable as the week progressed. His 40-yard dash, short shuttle and three-cone times were all above the average for an OLB prospect.

Post-Draft Analysis

The Colts signed Justin Houston but that hasn't stopped them from continuing to upgrade a pass rush that tied for 19th in the NFL with 38 sacks last year. Banogu has the tools to develop into every-down player in time, most likely at outside linebacker. -- Steve Muench