Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Day 1 (officially starts @4pm)

4 minutes ago, YourManBlu said:

Not a fan of Ajayi.  Looked slow to me when I watched him last couple of years and 3 ACLs...I’d rather roll with what we got and if we must draft another rb in a later round.  Coleman was the guy I wanted.

He’s not being brought in for 60yard TDS. He’s brought in so we punch it in when you get 4 goalline chances like we had against Philly

• Like 1

Ajayi, meh, why not though I guess. Especially if it's a one or two year deal. Not to mention I didn't even figure we would pick up a RB this early in FA, so it's not like I want anybody else really badly at the position.

I wouldn't at all count on him staying healthy, but he would help in short yardage situations while he is healthy.

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It could be a good deal if he worked out. Wilkins would go to the practice squad most likely. Did I read above he had torn his ACL three times? 

Pretty sure wilkins cant go on PS. He was on the active roster all season

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Pretty sure wilkins cant go on PS. He was on the active roster all season

In 2016, the NFL adopted a modification to the practice squad rules that allows up to four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons. This was to allow teams to have experienced players on their practice squad.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

In 2016, the NFL adopted a modification to the practice squad rules that allows up to four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons. This was to allow teams to have experienced players on their practice squad.

Good to know. Thanks

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

He’s not being brought in for 60yard TDS. He’s brought in so we punch it in when you get 4 goalline chances like we had against Philly

Or against Jacksonville when we got into the red zone like 3 times and came away with 0 points, including two 4th and 1 situations.

Reich knows him from Philly. He'll know how and when to use him, if they decide to sign him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Chiefs switched to a 4 - 3 defense and released Houston and traded Dee Ford because of scheme fit.  And people want them in our 4 - 3?

Last time i checked the 49ers are also a 4-3 team so that says nothing about Dee Ford. Houston has rushed out of a 4 man front plenty. Standing and out of a 4 point stance. Mountain out of a mole hill. We contacted Houstons agent so maybe we dont see it like you do.

• Like 1

Why would we bring in a player like Ajai, who is coming off a torn ACL , in favor of Coleman who just signed a two year deal for 10m?  Is that to expensive for us?  Another prove it deal I guess.  Did another poster imply he has had three ACL injuries already?  Really?  The majority of the people here love Mack and this RBC approach.  Why are we even going RB so early in FA when we clearly have more pressing needs at other positions?   And he can't come in until next week?  This is Wednesday.  No need to hurry it appears.  Good grief.  

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Last time i checked the 49ers are also a 4-3 team so that says nothing about Dee Ford. Houston has rushed out of a 4 man front plenty. Standing and out of a 4 point stance. Mountain out of a mole hill. We contacted Houstons agent so maybe we dont see it like you do.

I remember having read this-

"Kansas City has hired Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator and is changing its base defensive system from a 3-4 to a 4-3, which would have necessitated a position change for Ford and Justin Houston, who was released by Kansas City."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243237/chiefs-set-trade-ford-niners-source-says

And I never saw a credible story/source for that rumor about Colts, contacting Houston's agent. Just reddit/twitter from account with few followers.

24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Why would we bring in a player like Ajai, who is coming off a torn ACL , in favor of Coleman who just signed a two year deal for 10m?  Is that to expensive for us?  Another prove it deal I guess.  Did another poster imply he has had three ACL injuries already?  Really?  The majority of the people here love Mack and this RBC approach.  Why are we even going RB so early in FA when we clearly have more pressing needs at other positions?   And he can't come in until next week?  This is Wednesday.  No need to hurry it appears.  Good grief.  

Ajai is a bigger back that can grind out yards

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I remember having read this-

"Kansas City has hired Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator and is changing its base defensive system from a 3-4 to a 4-3, which would have necessitated a position change for Ford and Justin Houston, who was released by Kansas City."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243237/chiefs-set-trade-ford-niners-source-says

And I never saw a credible story/source for that rumor about Colts, contacting Houston's agent. Just reddit/twitter from account with few followers.

KC is also sitting at ~33M in cap money, even with the 7.1M in dead money from Houston. From OverTheCap, and being a pre-June 1st cut, it looks like Berry is going to hit them with a good amount of dead money as well. Add into the fact that KC is also wanting to make T. Hill one of the highest paid WR's in the game. I think Houston was more of a cap casualty rather than him not fitting in their system. 

This is just my observation...

Not surprised by any of this so far.  If you are, you didn't listen to Ballard.  He's going to take care of his own first, guys he knows, guys he trusts, and guys that have earned it.  He'll worry about the others when the prices come down and make more moves after post-draft cuts.  This is how he operates.  Get used to it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

chuckle
 Wilkins is our Coleman right? $1M vs $10M. Hmmm! What to do?
 You whine about why look at RB now, then B____ about him not rushing here. :headspin:
  I took a minute to look for answers. Gee, he probably won't be ready by training camp, so what is the rush i am wondering.
  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825580-eagles-rumors-jay-ajayi-visiting-colts-after-acl-injury-recovery

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

chuckle
 Wilkins is our Coleman right? $1M vs $10M. Hmmm! What to do?
 You whine about why look at RB now, then B____ about him not rushing here. :headspin:
  I took a minute to look for answers. Gee, he probably won't be ready by training camp, so what is the rush i am wondering.
  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825580-eagles-rumors-jay-ajayi-visiting-colts-after-acl-injury-recovery

Maybe someone rushes in to sign him before he visits us.  He is so in demand.  No need to worry about that.  LOL

8 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

KC is also sitting at ~33M in cap money, even with the 7.1M in dead money from Houston. From OverTheCap, and being a pre-June 1st cut, it looks like Berry is going to hit them with a good amount of dead money as well. Add into the fact that KC is also wanting to make T. Hill one of the highest paid WR's in the game. I think Houston was more of a cap casualty rather than him not fitting in their system. 

This is just my observation...

Cap casualties are usually guys that are older, and don't fit as well anymore. If a player is truly desired, GM's/Capologists can find other creative ways to keep him.  It's fairly clear Spags system would require a position change for Houston and Ford, thus more expendable.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Cap casualties are usually guys that are older, and don't fit as well anymore. If a player is truly desired, GM's/Capologists can find other creative ways to keep him.  It's fairly clear Spags system would require a position change for Houston and Ford, thus more expendable.

That's why Houston probably doesn't fit here as well especially at his contract.   Robert Quinn is the guy if released.  So far he's still a Dolphin.