Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Day 1 (officially starts @4pm)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, creid said:

He chose not to accept an unfair one year deal. It was his right do do so acording to the CBA, 

I get it. It was just the statement about him not being a locker room cancer, when he wasn't even in the locker room. 

I am all about saving our picks and all, but I would gladly make a move for Ogbah if he cost a 5th or less.

He has talent, but Cleveland is selling at the right time. He is in the last year of his rookie deal and if he plays well he would be due a big payday next year. So any team acquiring him would be wise to lock him up early since I don't believe he has a 5th year option on his rookie deal since he was only a 2nd rounder.

Because of that I wouldn't give up too high of a pick.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

What D did GW run in Cleve?

Didn’t get to see many Brown games

its a 4-3

I'm REALLY pumped to have Desir back. He's not a top shutdown CB by any means, but our scheme requires our corners to not only be solid in zone coverage but also sound tacklers, and Desir was one of the best tackling CBs in the league last season.

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I loved Ogbah coming out of college. Id give them the comp pick

I was never really high on him. He has the physical traits, but plays really stiff.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Steelers need to rebuild.  

I don't think this spending spree that the Browns are on will be good for them in the long run.  I know they are everyone's favorites right now because they are "winning the offseason"  

But the Jags won the offseason like 3 years in a row and it got them into the playoffs once.  And the rest of the time they were terrible.  

Many teams loaded up in the off season before, and not done all that well. Eagles, Dolphins, etc.  The Rams did and at least made it to the Super Bowl doing it.

2 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Agreed on the Browns.

As for the Jags, let me ask you. Do their failures point to the FAs they've added, or to the poor QB they had drafted? They've had some of the worst QB play and still made it to the AFC Championship game, mainly due to the addition of their FAs.

Bortles was hot and cold. (always hot vs. Colts though) He wasn't always stinking it up.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Didn't realize Jabrill Peppers went to New York Giants in the Beckham trade.

Yeah, and he was a round 1 pick too.

1 hour ago, aavmarine said:

People need to stop with this locker room chemistry crap, because it doesn't prove anything. If it did, then why aren't we in the SB every year? Ballard needs to bring in the good players, and stop wishing these 2nd and 3rd tier players that he signs are going to get us to the SB. 

It's part of the mix.  Talent alone isn't any guarantee either.  What is the Steelers record vs the Patriots in the last 5 games where Ben, Brown, and Bell all played together?  0 wins, 5 losses.

Chemistry is the glue that binds the talent together. 

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/preview02/columns/clayton_john/1422797.html

Brian Decker (a Green Beret) was specifically hired for the character issues

https://www.colts.com/video/draft-diaries-with-colts-player-personnel-strategist-brian-decker-20571848

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17255219/green-beret-brian-decker-thinks-improve-success-rate-nfl-first-round-draft-picks

Ballard will do as he pleases, thank you.

Well, under 45 minutes to go and it will all hit the fan again. As someone mentioned earlier, we probably won't have much going on the next day or two as far as the Colts are concerned.  We'll pick up some less expensive players and I'm sure we'll be watching for names being released from other teams so they can pay the big bucks they've promised to their free agents.

Ballard will create some depth and competition and then prepare for the draft, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Well, under 45 minutes to go and it will all hit the fan again. As someone mentioned earlier, we probably won't have much going on the next day or two as far as the Colts are concerned.  We'll pick up some less expensive players and I'm sure we'll be watching for names being released from other teams so they can pay the big bucks they've promised to their free agents.

Ballard will create some depth and competition and then prepare for the draft, IMO.

Right, the bulk of the Colts signings will come when they can actually get guys in the building for visits.

25 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It's part of the mix.  Talent alone isn't any guarantee either.  What is the Steelers record vs the Patriots in the last 5 games where Ben, Brown, and Bell all played together?  0 wins, 5 losses.

It's actually 0 wins, 1 loss. Regular season game on Bell's rookie year. At least one of those players was missing in other meetings or got hurt very early in the game.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Kelly, Ebron, Castonzo and Sheard are the only ones right now that need to be brought back

Kelly has a five year option

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Kelly has a five year option

Even better 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Doyle, and AV if he wants to

I’d be willing to let Doyle hit the market. Injuries becoming a thing

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I would take a shot on him if the price is right. 

The patriots or Browns will lol

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

Wronnnnng. Not our second best defensive guy

I put him ahead of hooker. I think he has made more big plays.  IF he has another big season next year he could make the pro bowl. He will make some coin.

Archived