Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Day 1 (officially starts @4pm)

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is interesting. If the colts could get him at ten million we could have Hilton, funchess, William with Cain as the fourth receiver. I wonder if Reich would pull the trigger.

I don't think we are looking for another deep threat because they will use Deion Cain and TY for that.  Also you have Marcus Johnson as an option and potentially Fountain.  I saw a report in the FA thread from yesterday saying the Colts were looking for a Slot Receiver.  I don't really think there are any viable candidates still out there in FA besides Golden Tate maybe.  If they don't get him I think we would look to the draft to pick up a Slot.  That's the type of WR I think we are looking for in the draft.  I don't think we will be looking for a deep threat.  Just my take on the issue unless we have plans to draft two WR which I am doubting.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I don't think we are looking for another deep threat because they will use Deion Cain and TY for that.  Also you have Marcus Johnson as an option and potentially Fountain.  I saw a report in the FA thread from yesterday saying the Colts were looking for a Slot Receiver.  I don't really think there are any viable candidates still out there in FA besides Golden Tate maybe.  If they don't get him I think we would look to the draft to pick up a Slot.  That's the type of WR I think we are looking for in the draft.  I don't think we will be looking for a deep threat.  Just my take on the issue.

I think Ballard will look for a pass rusher in the first round. 

Just now, stitches said:

The Raiders are weird. 

For a team that couldn't afford to extend a guy like Mack and who had to trade off Osemele for peanuts, they sure can throw huge money at Trent Brown, Antonio Brown, Lamarcus Joyner and likely now Williams. That is insane.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I think Ballard will look for a pass rusher in the first round. 

I wasn't speaking about the first round.  As I said in another thread I'm hoping it's Pariss Campbell between Rd 2-3.

4 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

For a team that couldn't afford to extend a guy like Mack and who had to trade off Osemele for peanuts, they sure can throw huge money at Trent Brown, Antonio Brown, Lamarcus Joyner and likely now Williams. That is insane.

Exactly. So many weird things happening with them. I can't figure out any unified theory about their roster building... they do stuff that suggest full rebuild and at the same time they doing clearcut win-now moves... and then there is the oddity of the management of their OLine... I guess we shouldn't be too shocked knowing it's Tom Cable in control of that unit. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

IF this is correct (??? couldn't find anything on Rapoport's twitter feed) then it's not a bad price. 

Good deal if those numbers are true.  7.5 M per year.  Doesn't put him very high on the pay list for corners but he'd be a starter.  

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Exactly. So many weird things happening with them. I can't figure out any unified theory about their roster building... they do stuff that suggest full rebuild and at the same time they doing clearcut win-now moves... and then there is the oddity of the management of their OLine... I guess we shouldn't be too shocked knowing it's Tom Cable in control of that unit. 

Funny that you two brought this up as I was listening to 101 ESPN out of St Louis Monday after work and the hosts asked the guest (Hub Arkush) about the Raiders and the early activity and why they would chose to pay Brown and Brown and not Mack.  His explanation was that due to the large amount of up front and guaranteed money that Mack wanted that they would have had to put that cash in an escrow account up front.  He claimed that the Raiders (specifically Mark Davis) could not afford to place that much cash up front in an account.  Hub is pretty reliable so I just thought that was interesting and thought that I would share.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Who are they competing with in their division?  The Chiefs.  They'll need to win some 51-48 Chiefs/Rams style games.  

Put as many weapons on the field as possible and shoot it out.  Browns, Raiders, Chiefs - that's where it's headed.

5 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Funny that you two brought this up as I was listening to 101 ESPN out of St Louis Monday after work and the hosts asked the guest (Hub Arkush) about the Raiders and the early activity and why they would chose to pay Brown and Brown and not Mack.  His explanation was that due to the large amount of up front and guaranteed money that Mack wanted that they would have had to put that cash in an escrow account up front.  He claimed that the Raiders (specifically Mark Davis) could not afford to place that much cash up front in an account.  Hub is pretty reliable so I just thought that was interesting and thought that I would share.

Thanks for the info... I still don't believe this is the reason. They continue to give out a ton of  guaranteed money to other players without much concern about their owner's current finances. 

6 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Interesting considering all their moves combined probably add up to it or more.

Just now, #12. said:

Who are they competing with in their division?  The Chiefs.  They'll need to win some 51-48 Chiefs/Rams style games.  

Put as many weapons on the field as possible and shoot it out.  Browns, Raiders, Chiefs - that's where it's headed.

Without a D Chiefs can put too much

Just now, stitches said:

Thanks for the info... I still don't believe this is the reason. They continue to give out a ton of  guaranteed money to other players without much concern about their owner's current finances. 

I think they're making a huge mistake.  We shall see.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Interesting..........considering he decided not to be a part of his "locker room". 

He chose not to accept an unfair one year deal. It was his right do do so acording to the CBA,