Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncolts

chrisfarley

Woody Paige of the denver post reports that one of the leverage points the Bronco's are pushing is they have lots of cap room and would be willing to bring in Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday and Joseph Addai, and perhaps even Pierre Garcon.

Looks like the Colts are heading west.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woody Paige of the denver post reports that one of the leverage points the Bronco's are pushing is they have lots of cap room and would be willing to bring in Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday and Joseph Addai, and perhaps even Pierre Garcon.

Is the Broncos where Stokley plays? That would be good Stokley and Clark.

Maybe we'd actually find out what woulda been if the Colts had a good defense over the last several years?

haha

I guess Broncos are literally the correct term for mature Colts?

I was thinking "Dolphins" like a lot of other people, and I only heard one public figure even mentioning Denver as a "dark horse" up until the visit was announced, but the more I think about this the more sense it makes. Miami has an * for an owner and a rookie coach (amongst other issues). Denver actually makes more sense. My only concern was the weather, but I heard a radio interview with Kravitz today (who used to live there) in which he laughed that off. I guess that Denvers location in the mountains shields it from a lot of things. It can get some snow, but in general the weather is a lot more mild than you would think - particularly when compared to competitors life KC and Seattle. I also resent Elway for obvious reasons, but to Peyton he is apparently a positive - and I can certainly accept that. Everything considered, an 8-8 team despite the worst excuse for a QB in football, young and improving in many areas, cap room, a coach and GM who Peyton respects and whom are willing to spend money in ways that specifically benefit Peyton (including bringing other Colts in!), while allowing him freedom on offense, and a weak division which is clearly up for grabs - sounds pretty darn good. Plus personally the 4pm starts will make it possible to watch the Colts and Peyton without finding out the score of the other game.

I'm warming to this a lot. I always liked the Broncos before Elway got there, and ironically I've been following the Nuggets ever since my favorite basketball team sent most of my favorite players over there. Aside from dealing with the media portrayal of Denver possibly "stealing and succeeding with" ANOTHER Colts QB, under the direction of the FIRST QB they grabbed, it sounds about perfect. It may not be the "horse-shoe", but it's the rest of the beast, and more.

These guys have all been working out with peyton and have a better idea about the arm than we do. No one seems to be shying away from making it happen. Wayne is outwardly hoping for it.

I think Wayne is the mouth of the group. He isn't afraid to say what they all feel.

Really, because they were all together for the last 9 years and the Colts only won one SB. How scary can that be?

We had a top 5 offense for the whole decade? How isn't that scary. We just never had a defense except once, 2007, our playoff run and the following regular season. Too bad they fell off in the playoffs.

The Bronco's have IMO has the best slot reciever in the NFL. No not Stokley, but Erick Decker. I watched him at the U of M for years and he has had no QB and has become a beast for denver. I followed him closely in the draft and was disapointed how far he dropped. Peyton to Decker was the combo I have dreamed of, shame it would not be in a Colts uni.

haha

I guess Broncos are literally the correct term for mature Colts?

I have a good friend out in Denver, she said something similar to me yesterday, something to the effect

"What does a Colt want to be when it grows up ~~ A Bronco" :slaphead:

Nananananah!

No way Broncos, Peyton went there first to get it out of the way and to make his eventual target, the Dolphins, sweat it. Yes Miami has the new coach but it also has a stadium near his and Reggies homes.

They get out the overcoats when the temp hits 50 degrees and when was the last time they had a "snow day" in Miami??

He's playing hard to get, he's going to Miami.

Nananananah!

No way Broncos, Peyton went there first to get it out of the way and to make his eventual target, the Dolphins, sweat it. Yes Miami has the new coach but it also has a stadium near his and Reggies homes.

They get out the overcoats when the temp hits 50 degrees and when was the last time they had a "snow day" in Miami??

He's playing hard to get, he's going to Miami.

Miami & Arizona don't have the cap room that Denver, KC ,Tennessee and Seattle have to bring Peyton Manning & The Castaways in. He might end up in either place but it will take more work to fit 18, 87 & 44 and/or others in at Mia/Ari.

Miami & Arizona don't have the cap room that Denver, KC ,Tennessee and Seattle have to bring Peyton Manning & The Castaways in. He might end up in either place but it will take more work to fit 18, 87 & 44 and/or others in at Mia/Ari.

Very true but it doesn't have to be a package deal, it would just be very sweet if it was.

I don't know any more than anyone else I just don't see Denver and outdoors.

I'm warming to the idea of Peyton playing in Denver...

Tebow's a backup and I thiught his play waas embarassing...

...The sight of Peyton walking though the Bronocs complex with John Elway did something for me..

I loved Elway when he played and if Manning could get him back to the title game next season...I wouldnt feel so bad

I think they are still quality players..we ddint cut them because they couldnt play.

We cut their contracts..going forward into 2013 and 2014...

Saturday had a good season...Wayne and Garcon played every games..and I still have faith in oft-injured Dallas C.

They dont need Joe Addai but if they bring in 5 Colts..they dont have to explain what Manning is doing...