Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

If we'd punched it in from 2, I guarantee we wouldn't see half these posts. Outcome bias for ya. 

Lol yea, because none of us could have been thinking it as soon as they didn’t send the FG team in the field. 

Quick find us us a statistic, how many of us would still be complaining?

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I only made that comment twice (joking) because people are complaining about Reich's play calling, last year alot of people were complaining because Pagano would never go for it. We are only down 3-0 at Half, so like you said lets see how it plays out.

I'm confused.  Reich 4th down call against Houston  was universally praised here.  Now in this game he's being aggressive on 4th down and everybody is up in arms. 

I feel like I'm watching the Patriots defense of old getting away with illegal contact downfield every play. Grant gets called for pushing off of a guy 8 yards downfield that has hands all over him? We haven't caught a break with these officials, against a team that is so unbelievably undisciplined. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Lol yea, because none of us could have been thinking it as soon as they didn’t send the FG team in the field. 

Quick find us us a statistic, how many of us would still be complaining?

Well oddly enough there wouldn't be one for that.. but hey the rest, it's out there. 

If you don't agree why don't you offer up something constructive contrary? or we can play this game and see how it works out.

Just now, mahagga73 said:

I'm confused.  Reich 4th down call was universally praised here.  Now in this game he's being aggressive on 4th down and everybody is up in arms. 

I understand how it can be confusing. It’s hard to fathom that different games, different circumstances, can require different decisions. Whew mind blown.

Just now, mahagga73 said:

I'm confused.  Reich 4th down call was universally praised here.  Now in this game he's being aggressive on 4th down and everybody is up in arms. 

I don't get it either but when something doesn't work people will complain. We have won 5 games in a row and alot of it has to do with Reich's Coaching/play calling. 

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Well oddly enough there wouldn't be one for that.. but hey the rest, it's out there. 

If you don't agree why don't you offer up something constructive contrary? or we can play this game and see how it works out.

I already did. There isn’t a stat for everything. I admitted that I like aggressive play calling. But there is a time and a place. You have to consider all variables...and the fact that the offense is struggling, due to a pretty dang good defense, trumps the 43% chance, or whatever it was, of going for it. 

And I sure don’t mind playing the game. Step down off your pedestal, you sure aren’t the all mighty analytical genius that your trying play. 

• Thanks 2