Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fan Voting is a JOKE!

BigQandTheManiac

https://mobile.twitter.com/Colts/status/1065438633166020608?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

If the season was to end today, the only way Luck would go to the pro bowl would be as an alternate. Btw, Mitchell Trubisky????? Trubisky is a top 10 but not Luck???? This is DISGUSTING. I know its still early. but this is why I'v always felt like fans shouldn't have the power to decide these type of things. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Jaredfor3 said:

I can see the older QBs in the NFL passing on the pro bowl this year. Big Ben, Brady, Brees, Rivers, etc..

Quite funny the NFL has the pro bowl since the league preaches “player safety”. And why have four meaningless preseason games? 

Pre-season is not meaningless.  4 games maybe too many.   

1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Colts/status/1065438633166020608?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

If the season was to end today, the only way Luck would go to the pro bowl would be as an alternate. Btw, Mitchell Trubisky????? Trubisky is a top 10 but not Luck???? This is DISGUSTING. I know its still early. but this is why I'v always felt like fans shouldn't have the power to decide these type of things. 

It's the size of the fan base.

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrence Owen said:

Then may I suggest voting often?If everyone on this forum voted 2-3 times,...that's would be a start. i voted 10 times so far...lol

Already did, I forced myself to place 10 votes per Colt that I thought was worthy.  To be fair, I vote for the guys who I felt actually earned it.

• Like 1

So i've talked to a lot of fans of teams we've played this year on twitter today.  Trust me on one thing, 2 Colts will be pro bowlers most likely even if Colts fans don't vote at all...Quinton Nelson and Darius leonard.  Apparently they've made enough impact that other teams fans are picking them over their own players...:)

Pro Bowl is meaningless and has been that way for a long time. A lot of the best players no longer attend and are filled with tier 2-3 players.

Hardly, any top QBs go and that's why casual fans think players like T. Bridgewater and T. Taylor, who went a few years back, are better than they actually are.

Like someone posted, being selected All Pro is all that matters. Luck, IMO is currently the 3rd best QB in the league, behind only Brees and Mahomes.  

I won’t get too worked up over fans thinking their guy is better than the other guys. Luck is our guy and is playing at a very high level but is not flamboyant and doesn’t pick up that national following yet even as good of a player as he is but given he was out all that time and the negative press about his career being done, people outside of the Indy base have just forgotten him. Mahhomes and Rivers have excellent records and Ben is playing with purpose as well so it’s not like bad players with bad teams are being chosen, they all carry merit. Now if Bortles or Tannehill we’re on the list ahead of Luck, there might be an argument that the voting is crazy but it’s from the fans perspective. It’s all about the fans and their participation that keeps sales alive and well. 

Maybe the league could could change it up to having the players choose the clear starter and maybe even the back up and then the fans somehow get to choose the back ups from there based on their voting from the players who were left out, maybe that would be more along the lines of a good way to gauge who is really deserving from the players viewpoint. Heck, maybe add 3 layers, the players pick #1’s, the writers  #2’s and the fans the rest. Would also stretch out the process for more exposure and drive more interest in the fan bases to see who is getting picked from their team etc...  Draw out the fan voting from mid season into the playoff area. Idk. 

On that Twitter list, in the AFC, that puts Mahomes, Brady, Roethlisberger, & Rivers ahead of Luck.  There’s valid argument there, really.  I agree, though, that it shouldn’t be a popularity contest voted on by fans.   It should be an award determined by learned minds that can properly assess how a player is actually performing in a particular season as compared to his peers.  

9 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Pro Bowl voting %:

Children - 73%

Drunken homer adults - 22%

Cats walking on keyboard - 3.8%

Legit votes - 1%

Florida lost votes - .2%

Very cute.  The thing is, it matters to our players, it a very big deal as an NFL player to be selected as a Pro-Bowler.  It matters in contract bonus, it matters in FA, it matters in post-career credentials and certainly is a point of pride.  So like you, I don't care too much, but it is an opportunity as a fan to actually do something for the players.  Similar to showing up on gameday and actually making noise on third down instead of sitting on your bum.  

9 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Pro Bowl voting %:

Children - 73%

Drunken homer adults - 22%

Cats walking on keyboard - 3.8%

Legit votes - 1%

Florida lost votes - .2%

Those Florida votes have been located in the back of an Uber cab in Jersey though lol. Safely-ish accounted for hehe. 

Big name players regardless of current stats get all the votes which is why the general “fantasy” public have no clue when it comes to rational decisions.  Let’s face it, it was the public that crucified Jesus Christ so enough said.  Billy Currington said it best, “People are Crazy” & so are NFL fans!

11 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Big name players regardless of current stats get all the votes which is why the general “fantasy” public have no clue when it comes to rational decisions.  Let’s face it, it was the public that crucified Jesus Christ so enough said.  Billy Currington said it best, “People are Crazy” & so are NFL fans!

:scratch: