be a treasure for the Colts. Ballard

is the king of dumpster diving and 

is finding really good players in our

injury riddled season. 

Another year or two with his eye

for talent and the Colts are going to

be a menace in the NFL.

• Like 3

There are several players he signed to one year deals that CB needs to try and hold on to for both starters and/or depth.  Less we will have to try and get through the draft.

Hunt, Mitchell, Slauson, Ward.  Slauson and Ward, if they both can come back from injuries would be nice depth players.  Let Good and Woods walk.  Get an upgrade in draft.  Rotate Hunt, Sheard, Ward, Ridgeway, Autry, Stewart, 2 other guys (yet to be determined).  I’m probably one of the few who likes the oline we used against the Bills to be our starting line for the foreseeable future.   We could actually draft CB, WR, RB with 1st 3 picks and give Luck a couple more toys.  Our trenches are magically turning into our strength that we may be able to roll with for another year and use this year to focus on our main weaknesses.  CBs & WRs.  We do probably need another RB to take the place of Mack if he goes down to injury.  Hines and Wilkins are ok, but I want someone with a little more elusiveness.

But...    but....    but....    but....     but......

I thought fans in Pittsburgh HATED Mike Mitchell?!?     

Could this mean that they were.................   Wrong?

Of all the arguments that fans can make, for my money,  saying that fans of a previous team didn't like the player is easily my least favorite argument to make.      If that's the best you got,  you might want to remember that the fan base is far more often wrong than right....

Just saying......         :peek:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of all the arguments that fans can make, for my money,  saying that fans of a previous team didn't like the player is easily my least favorite argument to make.      If that's the best you got,  you might want to remember that the fan base is far more often wrong than right....

Basically the same thing Lions fans said about Ebron lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A little dramatic, no?

i was one who stated his past.  What else is there to go on?  

Well, i guess if you have some superpower and can see into the future.  Or maybe if Dr Who is your neighbor....

i didnt expect him to fail but I doubt Ballard even expected this.

I guess some of the "negativos" assumed he would fail.  But its not like he was replacing pro-bowlers.  I didnt really expect him to see the field as much as he did i guess.  I was thinking he was depth mainly.  But WOW, he seems to be VERY happy and comfortable in this defense.  

And i have made sure my brother noticed his geed play too.

THAT is probably the best part for me.  Haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

A little dramatic, no?

i was one who stated his past.  What else is there to go on?  

Well, i guess if you have some superpower and can see into the future.  Or maybe if Dr Who is your neighbor....

i didnt expect him to fail but I doubt Ballard even expected this.

I guess some of the "negativos" assumed he would fail.  But its not like he was replacing pro-bowlers.  I didnt really expect him to see the field as much as he did i guess.  I was thinking he was depth mainly.  But WOW, he seems to be VERY happy and comfortable in this defense.  

And i have made sure my brother noticed his geed play too.

THAT is probably the best part for me.  Haha

I’m not just talking about Mitchell.   I’m talking about anybody.   A fan base isn’t sophisticated enough to know who is good or not.

You think Detroit fans are surprised with how Ebron is doing? 

You think Cincy fans are surprised about Hunt?

How about Cleve and New England fans with Sheard?

You get the idea.   Most fan bases don’t know. 

My comment wasn’t so much directed at you — I had no idea who said it — I’ve been making this argument since I arrived here.    I just don’t think it’s a very strong argument.   I think there are better arguments to make.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not just talking about Mitchell.   I’m talking about anybody.   A fan base isn’t sophisticated enough to know who is good or not.

You think Detroit fans are surprised with how Ebron is doing? 

You think Cincy fans are surprised about Hunt?

How about Cleve and New England fans with Sheard?

You get the idea.   Most fan bases don’t know. 

My comment wasn’t so much directed at you — I had no idea who said it — I’ve been making this argument since I arrived here.    I just don’t think it’s a very strong argument.   I think there are better arguments to make.

I get it.

Dont be surprised tho.

Around here, literally everything is taken to the extreme.

It is natural tho to expect similar production from a FA vet.  I think you wete saying that many things affect the future outcome. In my experience tho, it is rare to see a FA far exceed expectations, usually they seem to underperform previous standards, especially big-name ones.

Ballard has managed to get 2nd (and 3rd)!tier FAs, on cap friendly contracts, to over-achieve.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I am SO pleasantly surprised at his production.

My brother and nephew are Steeler fans.  When Mitchell

was with them, it seemed like my brother was cursing him every week.

What a find.  Anyone know what we are paying him?

Vet minimum, he stated in an interview that he didn't sign for the money, he signed so he could play football this season and prove himself for next year. 

15 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

Vet minimum, he stated in an interview that he didn't sign for the money, he signed so he could play football this season and prove himself for next year. 

He also said he's making something like only 20% as much as he was previously.  If he keeps playing like he has, I'd love to see the Colts pay him reasonably on a 2-3 year extension.  Quite honestly, I'm beginning to view Geathers as only a backup.