Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Clayton Geathers practicing. Colts Practice 10/11/2018

TKnight24

53 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I guess the injury forced retirement around here of Geathers was greatly exaggerated.

There’s still a high probability that he doesn’t play again. Let’s us not forget that Andrew Luck also returned to practice early last season. Still ended up on IR.

Hes still done IMO. His neck has become like Freeney’s back. But a neck injury ain’t nothing to play around with.

7) Karl Joseph, safety, Oakland Raiders

Coach Jon Gruden's scouting style has led to a divide in the Raiders' building, with general manager Reggie McKenzie's high-profile draft picks twisting in the wind. It seems premature to pull the plug on top 2017 pick Gareon Conley after the cornerback lost his job to Daryl Worley, but Joseph, a 2016 first-rounder, fell out of favor before the season even started. Attrition has left holes at safety in Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis, among other locales.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972436/article/top-10-trade-candidates-the-leveon-bell-conundrum

I think this fella right here would fit what we do well at SS. Jordan Howard and Tevin Coleman make some sense as well at RB.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Even with Geathers practicing, I'd rather move on from him. Play Mitchell and hope he plays well. Geathers should be nothing more than depth at this point.

Good to see those other guys practicing. Bye week cannot come soon enough

Can’t disagree more. Geathers is second in tackles this year. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I guess the injury forced retirement around here of Geathers was greatly exaggerated.

Not exaggerated at all. 2 neck injuries definitely warrants some retirement talk

It’s life after football, being paralyzed probably isn’t a good way to spend that life after football

Didn’t we have someone retire from a neck injury? Delano Howell or something like that? 

Just us fans being worried. Hate to see something happen to the guy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Not exaggerated at all. 2 neck injuries definitely warrants some retirement talk

It’s life after football, being paralyzed probably isn’t a good way to spend that life after football

Didn’t we have someone retire from a neck injury? Delano Howell or something like that? 

Just us fans being worried. Hate to see something happen to the guy 

Yeah I agree. The last 2 seasons his career has been hanging on by a thread.

Hope when he does walk away from the game he does it with no physical limitations in his life.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

Can’t disagree more. Geathers is second in tackles this year. 

I've always been on the fence as to whether or not it's a good thing when a safety is 1 of the leading tacklers on a team. Does that mean that pass catchers are finding holes in our zone, & getting tackled 15 yards downfield, or does it mean he's in the box laying wood?

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I've always been on the fence as to whether or not it's a good thing when a safety is 1 of the leading tacklers on a team. Does that mean that pass catchers are finding holes in our zone, & getting tackled 15 yards downfield, or does it mean he's in the box laying wood?

Wow! Hmmmm!  I guess that is for fans who watch the games..

23 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Wow! Hmmmm!  I guess that is for fans who watch the games..

Well I watch, so I'm not sure where you're going with that, but with Geathers it's always been a mixture of the 2, & I've never quite felt comfortable with a safety being a leading tackler, I always felt like sooner or later that's going to work against us.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

Even with Geathers practicing, I'd rather move on from him. Play Mitchell and hope he plays well. Geathers should be nothing more than depth at this point.

Good to see those other guys practicing. Bye week cannot come soon enough

i concur dont see any game changing from geathers