Sign in to follow this  
1959Colts

Lenzy Pipkins claimed by Lions

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/10/lions-claim-lenzy-pipkins-waive-marquis-flowers/

The Lions added a cornerback to their banged up secondary on Wednesday.

The team announced that they have claimed Lenzy Pipkins off of waivers from the Colts.

...Pipkins was traded from the Packers to the Colts just before the start of the regular season. He started last Thursday’s game against the Patriots and made nine tackles in what turned out to be his only appearance with the team...

• Like 1

oh well,  I'm sure that surplus of DB's the Colts have will be able to replace him.....  ;)

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

How many penalties did he have the other night? Seven? Eight?

One, an unnecessary roughness call that was offset by a NE penalty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

One, an unnecessary roughness call that was offset by a NE penalty.

Another way to put it is his penalty offset a NE penalty. It was totally unforced, and on that drive the Pats answered the Colts TD with one of their own, pushing the game back to 14 points. 

I'm not blaming him for the loss at all. I'm mostly being sensational, but I wasn't impressed by his play, and he got on my bad side Thursday night. Not gonna miss him. 

• Like 2

Pipkins seemed like a punk.  Maybe he only got one penalty, but he seemed to be talking more than a part time player on a one win team should be.

• Like 2

I liked him.  He didn't play great or anything, he played ok.  And yeah he was jawing, Edelman was running his mouth every time he caught the ball and all the rest of the Colts were acting like they were scared of him.  Pipkins didn't take it.

I assume that neither @DougDew and @Superman  like the Mitchell signing?  From all I've read all he does is talk.

• Like 2

This is what happens when your roster is fluid and you constantly move people from active roster to P.S.  I'm afraid we are going to end up losing someone we really want to keep due to it. Like Swoope.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

This is what happens when your roster is fluid and you constantly move people from active roster to P.S.  I'm afraid we are going to end up losing someone we really want to keep due to it. Like Swoope.

Did we lose swoope? :(

Just now, coltsfan_canada said:

Did we lose swoope? :(

No, Not yet. But he is moved back and forth from P.S. to Active more than anyone else.  When a player is released from active, they go through a small time table and can be grabbed by anyone as a F.A.  (as what happened to Pipkins).  If they continue this game with Swoope, I'm afraid he could be the next casualty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I liked him.  He didn't play great or anything, he played ok.  And yeah he was jawing, Edelman was running his mouth every time he caught the ball and all the rest of the Colts were acting like they were scared of him.  Pipkins didn't take it.

I assume that neither @DougDew and @Superman  like the Mitchell signing?  From all I've read all he does is talk.

I don't care about talking. I do care about unnecessary and costly penalties. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, icf said:

oh well,  I'm sure that surplus of DB's the Colts have will be able to replace him.....  ;)

Moore, Hairston, Desir, & Wilson are all better players than Pipkins.

For an "ok" player he did entirely to much talking and to much drama and causing penalties 

10 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

No, Not yet. But he is moved back and forth from P.S. to Active more than anyone else.  When a player is released from active, they go through a small time table and can be grabbed by anyone as a F.A.  (as what happened to Pipkins).  If they continue this game with Swoope, I'm afraid he could be the next casualty.

I don't see how Swoope could clear waivers again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Moore, Hairston, Desir, & Wilson are all better players than Pipkins.

This suggests that both Moore and Wilson are healthy due to which Pipkins became expendable.  With Moore and Leonard in there (fingers crossed about Wilson), I think our unit is a much better defensive team. I feel we will control the Jets game with our defense with the O putting up just enough points 27-17 Colts. 

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

I don't see how Swoope could clear waivers again. 

Yeah, every team needs that extra TE, he had enough exposure on national television. Plus, he almost got a second TD which eventually went to Ebron.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't care about talking. I do care about unnecessary and costly penalties. 

Well, at least unnecessary and costly penalty (singular)