Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lenzy Pipkins claimed by Lions

1959Colts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/10/lions-claim-lenzy-pipkins-waive-marquis-flowers/

The Lions added a cornerback to their banged up secondary on Wednesday.

The team announced that they have claimed Lenzy Pipkins off of waivers from the Colts.

...Pipkins was traded from the Packers to the Colts just before the start of the regular season. He started last Thursday’s game against the Patriots and made nine tackles in what turned out to be his only appearance with the team...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

One, an unnecessary roughness call that was offset by a NE penalty.

Another way to put it is his penalty offset a NE penalty. It was totally unforced, and on that drive the Pats answered the Colts TD with one of their own, pushing the game back to 14 points. 

I'm not blaming him for the loss at all. I'm mostly being sensational, but I wasn't impressed by his play, and he got on my bad side Thursday night. Not gonna miss him. 

• Like 2

I liked him.  He didn't play great or anything, he played ok.  And yeah he was jawing, Edelman was running his mouth every time he caught the ball and all the rest of the Colts were acting like they were scared of him.  Pipkins didn't take it.

I assume that neither @DougDew and @Superman  like the Mitchell signing?  From all I've read all he does is talk.

• Like 2

Just now, coltsfan_canada said:

Did we lose swoope? :(

No, Not yet. But he is moved back and forth from P.S. to Active more than anyone else.  When a player is released from active, they go through a small time table and can be grabbed by anyone as a F.A.  (as what happened to Pipkins).  If they continue this game with Swoope, I'm afraid he could be the next casualty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I liked him.  He didn't play great or anything, he played ok.  And yeah he was jawing, Edelman was running his mouth every time he caught the ball and all the rest of the Colts were acting like they were scared of him.  Pipkins didn't take it.

I assume that neither @DougDew and @Superman  like the Mitchell signing?  From all I've read all he does is talk.

I don't care about talking. I do care about unnecessary and costly penalties. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

No, Not yet. But he is moved back and forth from P.S. to Active more than anyone else.  When a player is released from active, they go through a small time table and can be grabbed by anyone as a F.A.  (as what happened to Pipkins).  If they continue this game with Swoope, I'm afraid he could be the next casualty.

I don't see how Swoope could clear waivers again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Moore, Hairston, Desir, & Wilson are all better players than Pipkins.

This suggests that both Moore and Wilson are healthy due to which Pipkins became expendable.  With Moore and Leonard in there (fingers crossed about Wilson), I think our unit is a much better defensive team. I feel we will control the Jets game with our defense with the O putting up just enough points 27-17 Colts.