Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does The New England Rivalry Mean The Same

rabidfan77

I'm personally not looking forward to the next game with them now that Manning is gone, I still hate everything NE but it no longer has that special feel to it. For me even if Luck beats them 3 times in a row it still won't be as sweet as a Peyton-led colts win

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Colts - Patriots will form a new rivalry. Brady can't have too many years left either so it could be Luck vs nameless 6th round pick that Belichick voodoos into greatness. We'll get another 10 years of rivalry. One can hope. It'll be sad if the Colts - Patriots annual becomes just another game.

I see the Titans and Colts renewing their rivalry if both Locker and Luck pan out.

I would say Jags but I dont personally think Gabbert will amount to much.

The Texans are already good and the best in the division. Hard to tell if theyll be able to keep the success going for a while.

I'm personally not looking forward to the next game with them now that Manning is gone, I still hate everything NE but it no longer has that special feel to it. For me even if Luck beats them 3 times in a row it still won't be as sweet as a Peyton-led colts win

Our new rival is the Rams, that is the team we most likely represent or the tim couch browns

I see the Titans and Colts renewing their rivalry if both Locker and Luck pan out.

I would say Jags but I dont personally think Gabbert will amount to much.

The Texans are already good and the best in the division. Hard to tell if theyll be able to keep the success going for a while.

I don't think the texans will control our division for as long as we did with Manning qbing, I don't think the Texans HC is that good because the texans should have made the playoffs before this year because they had there talent for a while. They have a so-so HC and will always fall short because of it

Sorry. I would take a win over NE even if undecidedfrog is the QB.

And no the rivalry is not the same right now......

I'll still take those wins as well but the point I was making which you and so far everybody else as agreed on was that the rivalry has lost it's special place

I'll still take those wins as well but the point I was making which you and so far everybody else as agreed on was that the rivalry has lost it's special place

Sadly it has, The Brady/Manning rivalry is going to become Pats/Jets or Pats/Dolphins. I don't see him with an NFC team.

I don't think the texans will control our division for as long as we did with Manning qbing, I don't think the Texans HC is that good because the texans should have made the playoffs before this year because they had there talent for a while. They have a so-so HC and will always fall short because of it

Kubiak's problem has always been defense. He can't coach a defense worth a ****. And finally this last year, we got a proven DC in here and look what happened - best revamped defense in the league. The talent's always been there, but talent only goes so far - you need teachers.

Our offense for the last 3-4 years has been just fine, but we couldn't trust ourselves with a 20 point lead.

Which is why a lot of us were pooping ourselves when we heard Tampa offering Wade a HC job.

And PS - I'd be arrogant to suggest we will own the division for as long as you guys did. I'd settle for half, in a heartbeat.

No it is not as the driving force behind that rivalry was the matchup between the 2 best QBs in the game. Now that one half of that is gone, it's not the same. Maybe Luck can make it a very interesting rivalry, maybe even start a rivalry Luck vs Brady, but I doubt it lasts long as Brady has about 4 years left in the league.

No not the same but still sweet just the same.

I'll take a win over the Pats any day.

Oh I completely disagree. In my mind Manning had long since won the who is the greatest QB argument. Only some ESPN tools and the upper half of New England still hold to Brady. And We (Colts) had pretty much IMO gotten over any hump of inferiority. Now it is just two championship teams trading blows. Add Luck into that mix and God forbid he beats Brady the first crack at the bat, we'll all be dancing in the streets...and if he loses, we'll all default to wanting to get right back on top.

It might not be the same but I dont think it necessarily has to diminish at all.

I will continue to hate the Pats because I cannot stand Brady and Belichick. It pleases me to see them lose and even more so to see them choke in big games.

For all intents and purposes though, the rivalry is on pause. I hope that a rivalry emerges from our own division. For years all of our division opponents have looked at us as bitter rivals and we looked at them with utter indifference. It took a while for the Colts to conquer McNair and Tennessee and then we had a strangle hold on the division from there on out. It may well be the same type of relationship between us and the Texans for now.

It may feel good to be the hunter instead of the hunted for a while.