Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Bodied Receiver

TheMose

Even though he was a 6th rounder, losing Cain is a big blow to the team. But I think the cry for a big bodied receiver to come and fill his role is a little much. I think with our TE situation, having our top 3 receivers as smaller speed guys isn't that bad. Ebron is versatile and he could step up big time. Do you think we should add another WR to fill the role or should we stick with what we have?

Just now, TheMose said:

Even though he was a 6th rounder, losing Cain is a big blow to the team. But I think the cry for a big bodied receiver to come and fill his role is a little much. I think with our TE situation, having our top 3 receivers as smaller speed guys isn't that bad. Ebron is versatile and he could step up big time. Do you think we should add another WR to fill the role or should we stick with what we have?

No 

Think the Colts need to add another RB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

There'snot much out on the open market to be excited about. Dontrelle Inman maybe? It is also worth noting that there are several other "big bodied" guys on the roster. Brent, Williams, Fountain, Hogan.

But do you see any of those guys pushing Grant or Rogers for a bigger role?

2 minutes ago, TheMose said:

But do you see any of those guys pushing Grant or Rogers for a bigger role?

Not really, but I think Grant and Rogers have been locked into #2 and #3 since jump. I see Brent making the roster though. He's had a good camp so far. Fountain needs to step up, but I bet he makes the roster too.

• Like 1

I don't see why people are against signing Dez if Dez would take a 1 year deal. We have nothing to lose this year by signing him to a 1 year deal. If he stinks or is a cancer, he's gone anyway after this season and it won't hurt our Cap. Technically if we signed him, he would be our 2nd best WR behind TY and it's not even debatable. 

I can see us using 3 TEs regularly and am completely fine with that. I think we have a lot of talent at that position. So the need for a big bodied WR, is not a huge concern for me. That being said, our WRs might have the least amount of TDs from Luck ever. haha

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see why people are against signing Dez if Dez would take a 1 year deal. We have nothing to lose this year by signing him to a 1 year deal. If he stinks or is a cancer, he's gone anyway after this season and it won't hurt our Cap. Technically if we signed him, he would be our 2nd best WR behind TY and it's not even debatable. 

I agree

• Like 1

Id be fine with them sticking with what we've got at this point. KJ Brent has been playing well during camp and Fountain should do alright with more experience. The 2 names I'd like to see signed are Darkwa & Breeland. We could use another body at RB and I'm afraid our corners are going to get carved if we don't get some help.

While our top 3 may be average size (Rogers and Grant) and TY on the small side, I think we've got the big bodied receiver(s) already on the roster:

Pascal - 6'2" & 219

Williams - 6'2" & 219

Ishmael - 6'2" & 212

Hogan - 6'3" & 222

Jones - 6'3" & 210

Anderson - 6'2" & 190

Fountain - 6'2" & 210

Wright - 6'1" & 203

Brent - 6'3" & 200

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

While our top 3 may be average size (Rogers and Grant) and TY on the small side, I think we've got the big bodied receiver(s) already on the roster:

Pascal - 6'2" & 219

Williams - 6'2" & 219

Ishmael - 6'2" & 212

Hogan - 6'3" & 222

Jones - 6'3" & 210

Anderson - 6'2" & 190

Fountain - 6'2" & 210

Wright - 6'1" & 203

Brent - 6'3" & 200

We definitely do.

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Terrell owens or trade for julio jones lol

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we have nothing to lose and he is only 29. He won't be Andre Johnson but if he is bad, he won't be back anyway next season if we can get a 1 year deal.

We'd be better off bringing Reggie Wayne and Marvin back than any of those or Dez 

5 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Could also take a shot at HOF Terrell Owens.

T.O. would play for the Colts but would play at an alternate site while the rest of the team would play at Lucas Oil Stadium. He would be presented with and wear the same Colts Jersey as everyone else and would act as though he is part of the team.