Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think the odds are the Colts get Barkley?

On 4/14/2018 at 2:12 PM, TdungyW/12 said:

Disagree 

1. Allen

2. Darnold

3. Rosen

4. Fitz/barkley

5. Nelson/mayfield

6. Chubb

So what you’re saying is, Josh Allen could be the 1st Quarterback taken off the board over Rosen and Darnold?  There is a good chance the Giants take Chubb at 2 especially after losing JPP.

3 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

So what you’re saying is, Josh Allen could be the 1st Quartback taken off the board over Rosen and Darnold?  There is a good chance the Giants take Chubb at 2 especially after losing JPP.

Browns will draft Allen and the giants need a QB not a DE. This is just my opinion and anything can happen but the giants are stuck .... Eli is done and they need a backup more then anything. 

18 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

The GM is in charge of the draft..? Do you understand how football works ?

Given the history of  seeing the draft for over 50 years I've seen Owners and head coaches, If they really like a certain player, influence the pick. you left out that.  Doesn't mean that the GM is the only one who has thoughts on who to draft. 

41 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Latest mock draft with video commentary: 

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Baker Mayfield second QB drafted, Saquon Barkley falls out of top 10

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-baker-mayfield-second-qb-drafted-saquon-barkley-falls-out-of-top-10/

If we could trade down to 11 and still get Barkley then that would be the biggest draft steal since Tom Brady. I'm exaggerating just a bit, but it would be an amazing feat to trade down twice and still get the player many experts have listed as the top prospect in this draft.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, Smonroe said:

Some talking heads are saying the Browns could go QB at 1 and 4.  When you think about the number of QB busts, it’s not a totally bad strategy.  

I think thats the only chance we have at Barkley.  

That would be a nightmare. Your certainly going to send a mixed signal to your team and your inevitably going to lose one of the qbs very quickly if not tick off both. They have Tyrod that can fill the gap for a year or two if need be. They wouldn't have traded Kiezer if they wanted multiple young qbs. I understand to help their percentages but this isn't a vacuum where each player would have an equal and perfect chance to work out...that scenario would be awful. The media frenzy, fan frenzy, and splitting reps with young guys...either way your alienating one of them. I think even the RGIII/Kirk Cousins thing kinda had an effect....at least there was several rounds difference there....but 1st and 4th picks....no thank you!

As for Barkley...I don't see Cleveland passing. He may even go to the Giants. They will want to get their city excited and pair with their young qb. Plus I don't think they made any moves in free agency to sure up the running back position after letting Crowell leave. Unless they took Chubb or fell in love with Ward (corner is another big need for them) I don't see them passing. Giants and Denver are the wild cards to me....either teams could go in almost any direction...including qb.

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

Plus I don't think they made any moves in free agency to sure up the running back position after letting Crowell leave. 

they brought in carlos hyde

hes a borderline starter imo. never hit 1000 yards, but he did get 900 twice and a career average of 4.2 

• Thanks 1

Zero, I truly believe the Browns won't risk the Giants taking him 2nd. I say they take him number 1 and get their favorite qb left at 4. If they don't get him with the first there is no way he will ever slide down to six. Colts will take Chubb or Nelson with 6th pick unless they are both gone in which case then they'll trade down for more picks. But if by some slim chance he is there Ballard would be a fool not to draft him, he's the best RB prospect ever hands down.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, horseshoecrabs said:

I wouldn't be so sure with Irsays history at liking productive RB's if Barkley was available At #6 

On 4/14/2018 at 3:13 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

There is a real good chance Irsay would demand to ballard  to take Barkley at #6 if he is there period

On 4/14/2018 at 3:18 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

No matter what everyone else thinks period  Irsay has too much History to pass up Barkley if he falls that far. I would bet the house if he was available at #6 Irsay baring a  massive trade for the spot would not  pick Barkley

i

On 4/14/2018 at 3:24 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

Shure Irsay  would if he's there . i would bet the house he would if 
Barkley is there at #6  Too much history that says otherwise

look at the past Irsay loves productive back if worthy earley

On 4/14/2018 at 3:25 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

Ballard would have to succumb to Irsay's wants if  so be it

On 4/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

Have you saw Irsay's history? i beg to difer.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:31 AM, horseshoecrabs said:

And Ballard isn't the owner

On 4/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, horseshoecrabs said:

Given the history of  seeing the draft for over 50 years I've seen Owners and head coaches, If they really like a certain player, influence the pick. you left out that.  Doesn't mean that the GM is the only one who has thoughts on who to draft. 

You seem to be an army of one on this subject. Curious, wouldn't at least one former coach/GM/scout allude to this opinion if it were true? All people speak of Jim as hands off when it comes to draft decisions, sans one....when he overheard a discussion about a choice between two players...one time. They ended up selecting Dallas Clark. It was just a comment, not a directive to choose.

What do you base your strong opinion on regarding Mr. Irsays history as an owner.?

50 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

You seem to be an army of one on this subject. Curious, wouldn't at least one former coach/GM/scout allude to this opinion if it were true? All people speak of Jim as hands off when it comes to draft decisions, sans one....when he overheard a discussion about a choice between two players...one time. They ended up selecting Dallas Clark. It was just a comment, not a directive to choose.

What do you base your strong opinion on regarding Mr. Irsays history as an owner.?

Since Barkley wont be there, At #6  it's a moot point. But your opinion is that the gm is the only one with any thoughts on who to draft. and does not take any other thoughts from  his staff and boss on the matter. Please move on it's not worth the time you took to collect my comments to try and improve your perspicacity. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Please move on it's not worth the time you took to collect my comments to try and improve your perspicacity. 

Fair enough. I like the word perspicacity....but oddly enough, the plethora of of posts you offered on this subject led me to consider that was an ability that you may be sequestering....thus the benign way in which I requested your thoughts. However, I acquiesce to your request and will honor your advice with serene alacrity. 

In the end, we are all Colt fans. Go Colts!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they brought in carlos hyde

hes a borderline starter imo. never hit 1000 yards, but he did get 900 twice and a career average of 4.2 

Good call....not sure that would give me goosebumps if I was a Browns fan but a solid pick up. Guess Barkley can’t carry it every down lol.

On 4/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, midwest said:

I know the mock drafts are just a guess, but I am seeing more and more of them showing Barkley still being available at #6.  I am just a run of the mill Colts fan and don't know the ins and outs of the other NFL teams.  I thought there was no chance that SB would make it to #6 but a lot of people (who I assume know more about the NFL then I do) seem to think he will.

In my mind there is a 1% chance he gets drafted by the Colts, what do all you  guys think the odds are?

That's TURRIBLE.

:)