Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Memorial Draft (Post Easter) Round 1 - Begins 4/11/2018

6 minutes ago, IrishColt said:

Can we all behave like adults? I didn't know Gavin but this is a memorial draft and bickering isn't appropriate. 

When all is said and done we can vote and decide on a consensus draft grade for each team; until then can we concentrate on the current picks.

This is a forum. There will be differences of opinions and they will be talked about.

Saying what you think is not bickering.

Oh, by the way, I did know Gavin and did hold a great temperament but he did speak his opinion.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Weren't both Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman around 6'0" - 6'1" and in the 240-245 lb range and both played inside in the 3-4? 

I wonder if a comparison can be made to either of them for Roquan Smith. Both Willis and Bowman never came off the field, played all 3 downs and it helped deal with other teams going no huddle, and were decent in pass coverage too.

Both are high praise but can definitely see similarities. I watched quite a few Georgia games and the announcers are constantly saying Roquan's name. The kid gravitates to the ball. Insane instincts. I'm a big fan of his

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is a forum. There will be differences of opinions and they will be talked about.

Oh, by the way, I did know Gavin and did hold a great temperament but he did speak his opinion.

I believe he just wanted y'all to chill with calling each other childish and saying the other was whining. I'm all for discussion and what not but it was edging towards uncivil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMose said:

I believe he just wanted y'all to chill with calling each other childish and saying the other was whining. I'm all for discussion and what not but it was edging towards uncivil. 

No problem on my end.

I will just ignore him as I should have anyway. Ignore buttons are a good thing.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

To clarify disagreements are natural and I have no problem with them. When comments become personal and when people interpret things personally I think its time to breath and chill. We're all apart of the Colts nation, lets have fun!

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No problem on my end.

I will just ignore him as I should have anyway. Ignore buttons are a good thing.

Funny how when I was initially attacked for making MY picks nothing was said. It became uncivil once I spoke up. What he failed to realize is we aren't teammates in a draft and I don't have to make my picks based off public opinions or Colts needs. He made the draft about him and his needs and wants. I was even questioned was I a Patriots fan. Being petty over a draft shows your true character. I mean really, who do you think you are to think I did something out of spite of you ? Seriously. We don't even know each other.

26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No problem on my end.

It's no problem on my end and has never been one but im sick of the posse attacking and then piling on whenever you guys feel the need. And it's not just with me. Everone is entitled to their own opinion so deal with it. I'm not a follower so it's a lot of discussions we may not agree on but putting people down, judging them and causing a uproar because you control the masses is silly.

9 minutes ago, TheMose said:

Man you made a surprise pick. You have expect that kind of reaction when you make that kind of pick. Nobody was attacking you, nobody was putting you down. Just relax and enjoy the mock draft and discussions

I feel you. Im definitely relaxed, I was just working while R. Grigson was going on his rant so I felt I had to say my piece once I clocked out. Im cool though. 

13 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

I feel you. Im definitely relaxed, I was just working while R. Grigson was going on his rant so I felt I had to say my piece once I clocked out. Im cool though. 

Just don't want things to get out of hand. We are all here to have fun. Don't make it personal with name calling and insults. Calling somebody Grigson is fighting words in this forum. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

With the 11th pick the Miami Dolphins select Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Mwahaha(evil laughter)! This is how you do a smokescreen on draft-day so you can save some draft capital: 

:D 

@OffensivelyPC is on the clock. 

Lol. But really, i seriously had no intention of drafting him - he's got bust written all over him.  once I couldnt move up to get one of the top 3, I was content with taking a late round guy for depth and look towards next year which is the real situation for Buffalo.

Unfortunately my pick @# 12 will have to wait a few hours till I get some time to review.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

it's not totally insane... there's a mock draft on NFL.com that has the Browns doing the same thing but instead of Nelson, they grabbed Barkley and Chubb, then got Lamar Jackson at pick 33...

Barkley and Chubb is perfectly fine. If solidgold went Barkley and Chubb, at least they would be grabbing their franchise RB and getting a cornerstone player. Nelson and Chubb make no sense, and I absolutely believe CrazyColt on what he says, and we disagree a lot of the time.

24 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Barkley and Chubb is perfectly fine. If solidgold went Barkley and Chubb, at least they would be grabbing their franchise RB and getting a cornerstone player. Nelson and Chubb make no sense, and I absolutely believe CrazyColt on what he says, and we disagree a lot of the time.

CrazyColt wrote this.

Any QB in this years draft that will be considered elite would have been gone by pick three. Just because the media built this years QB choice as something special does not mean it's true.

This years crop of QBs as a whole are junk. The top QB prospects are going one-two in the draft and with the needs of the team Ballard not only made a smart trade he also made a shrewd trade.

I guess you heard Ballard when he said this team is not about one player but you didn't believe him or understand what he meant.

Regardless of Lucks future with the Colts Ballard is moving forward. He traded for Brissett and when he made the trade he said it was for the future. How ever that may turn out is yet to be determined.

In the mean time you can be as negative as you want to be or accept that this is the NFL and that is reality. It never goes as you, me or anyone else wants it to.  

Alright, since everyone seems to want to get their thoughts in on this, I want to put mine out there. The Browns draft isn’t horrible. Chubb could slot in next to Garrett as the best young pass rushing duo in the league, and the Browns have no good Tackles, so they could kick Bitonio outside (which he was in college) and slide Nelson inside to make a very formidable line. They weren’t the best picks, or even very logical picks, but they weren’t altogether stupid picks that were “just made to upset Colts fans”. Just my 2 cents. Also, should be the Buccaneers on the clock now after a trade so I’ll see what I have and will submit my pick soon! Cheers!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have Carlos Hyde and a deep RB class why would I do that instead of getting Q. Nelson ? The best player in the draft IMO with that pick. It's not rocket science. Plug Nelson in and trade the other G or keep for depth or move to T.

Just now, SolidGold said:

I have Carlos Hyde and a deep RB class why would I do that instead of getting Q. Nelson ? The best player in the draft IMO with that pick. It's not rocket science. Plug Nelson in and trade the other G or keep for depth. 

Could move Bitonio to Tackle which he played in college...

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

CrazyColt wrote this.

Any QB in this years draft that will be considered elite would have been gone by pick three. Just because the media built this years QB choice as something special does not mean it's true.

This years crop of QBs as a whole are junk. The top QB prospects are going one-two in the draft and with the needs of the team Ballard not only made a smart trade he also made a shrewd trade.

I guess you heard Ballard when he said this team is not about one player but you didn't believe him or understand what he meant.

Regardless of Lucks future with the Colts Ballard is moving forward. He traded for Brissett and when he made the trade he said it was for the future. How ever that may turn out is yet to be determined.

In the mean time you can be as negative as you want to be or accept that this is the NFL and that is reality. It never goes as you, me or anyone else wants it to.  

I will ask you to quit running your mouth aimed at me. Grow up.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I will ask you to quit running your mouth aimed at me. Grow up.

CrazyColt wrote this.

Any QB in this years draft that will be considered elite would have been gone by pick three. Just because the media built this years QB choice as something special does not mean it's true.

This years crop of QBs as a whole are junk. 

Just because the media built this years QB choice as something special does not mean it's true.

This years crop of QBs as a whole are junk.

never goes as you, me or anyone else wants it to.        Practice what you preach... Doesn't feel good does it.

With the 17th pick the Los Angeles Chargers select DT Vita Vea, Washington! 

The interior defensive line’s production and effectiveness dropped off dramatically in 2017 for the Chargers. The Chargers' run defense ranked second-to-last in the NFL with more than 131 rushing yards allowed per game.

At 6-foot-4 and 340 pounds, Vea projects to the NFL as a nose tackle who is extremely strong at the point of attack. He ranked in the top 10 in both pass rush and run stopping percentage according to Pro Football Focus (PFF). The former Huskie tallied 93 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, five passes defensed and two forced fumbles in 2017.

Also on my board were Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama, LB Rashaan Evans, DT Maurice Hurst and LB Leighton Vander Esch but I went with the player I believed to be the best defensive player available. 

Vita will slot in alongside defensive end Joey Bosa and outside linebacker Melvin Ingram which will have bolts fans licking their lips.

(18) Seahawks - @PureLuck is up next!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IrishColt said:

With the 17th pick the Los Angeles Chargers select DT Vita Vea, Washington! 

The interior defensive line’s production and effectiveness dropped off dramatically in 2017 for the Chargers. The Chargers' run defense ranked second-to-last in the NFL with more than 131 rushing yards allowed per game.

At 6-foot-4 and 340 pounds, Vea projects to the NFL as a nose tackle who is extremely strong at the point of attack. He ranked in the top 10 in both pass rush and run stopping percentage according to Pro Football Focus (PFF). The former Huskie tallied 93 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, five passes defensed and two forced fumbles in 2017.

Those were his complete college stats. Not just 2017. I can't imagine how high he would go if those were his 2017 stats. Lol

Round 1 Picks so far:

1. Cleveland Browns - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
2. New York Giants - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
4. Cleveland Browns from Houston Texans - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
5. Denver Broncos - 
Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
7. Arizona Cardinals from Tampa Bay Bucs - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
8. Chicago Bears - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
9. San Francisco 49ers - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
10. Oakland Raiders - Derwin James, S, Florida State

11. Miami Dolphins - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

12. Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio

13. Washington Redskins - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

14. Green Bay Packers - Marcus Davenport, OLB, UT-San Antonio

15. Tampa Bay Bucs from Arizona Cardinals - Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa

16. Baltimore Ravens - Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Vita Vea, DT, Washington

18. Seattle Seahawks - @PureLuck
19. Dallas Cowboys - @Clem-Dog
20. Detroit Lions - @Track Guy
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills - @crestmount
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs - @OffensivelyPC
23. New England Patriots from Los Angeles Rams - @danlhart87
24. Carolina Panthers - @WarGhost21
25. Tennessee Titans - @Finball
26. Atlanta Falcons - @chad72
27. New Orleans Saints - @SaturdayAllDay
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - @NFLfan
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - @Jared Cisneros
30. Minnesota Vikings - @NFLfan
31. New England Patriots - @danlhart87
32. Philadelphia Eagles - @csmopar

Top 50 picks so far:

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

1.            Sam Darnold      USC        QB          6'4"        225        

2.            Saquon Barkley Penn State          RBF        6'0"        233        

3.            Bradley Chubb  NC State              EDGE     6'4"        269        

4.            Josh Rosen          UCLA     QB          6'3"        210        

5.            Josh Allen            Wyoming             QB          6'5"        230        

6.            Minkah Fitzpatrick           Alabama              S              6'0"        204        

7.            Denzel Ward      Ohio State           CB           5'10"      183        

8.            Quenton Nelson               Notre Dame       OG         6'5"        325        

9.            Tremaine Edmunds         Virginia Tech      OLB        64"         253         ILB

10.          Derrius Guice     LSU        RBF        5'10"      224        

11.          Baker Mayfield  Oklahoma           QB          6'0"        210        

12.          Derwin James    Florida State       S              6'2"        215        

13.          Roquan Smith    Georgia ILB          6'1"        236         OLB

14.          Marcus Davenport          UTSA     EDGE     6'6"        264        

15.          Calvin Ridley       Alabama              WRF       6'1"        190        

16.          Rashaan Evans   Alabama              ILB          6'2"        232        

17.          Mike McGlinchey             Notre Dame       OT          6'8"        309        

18.          Lamar Jackson   Louisville              QB          6'2"        205        

19.          Taven Bryan       Florida  DL3T      6'5"        291        

20.          Vita Vea               Washington        DL1T      6'4"        347        

21.          Joshua Jackson  Iowa      CB           6'0"        196        

22.          Kolton Miller      UCLA     OT          6'9"        309        

23.          Maurice Hurst   Michigan              DL3T      6'1"        292        

24.          Arden Key           LSU        EDGE     6'5"        238        

25.          Christian Kirk      Texas A&M         WRF       5'11"      201         WRS

26.          Harold Landry    Boston College  EDGE     6'2"        252         OLB

27.          Connor Williams                Texas    OT          6'5"        296        

28.          Mike Hughes      UCF        CB           5'10"      189        

29.          D.J. Moore          Maryland             WRF       5'11"      215         WRS

30.          Leighton Vander Esch     Boise State         ILB          6'4"        256         OLB

31.          Hayden Hurst     South Carolina   TE           6'5"        253        

32.          Isaiah Oliver       Colorado              CB           6'0"        201        

33.          Isaiah Wynn       Georgia OG         6'2"        313        

34.          Jaire Alexander Louisville              CB           5'10"      196        

35.          Da'Ron Payne    Alabama              DL1T      6'2"        311        

36.          Ronald Jones II  USC        RBF        5'11"      205        

37.          Ronnie Harrison                Alabama              S              6'2"        207        

38.          Courtland Sutton             SMU      WRF       6'4"        225        

39.          Will Hernandez UTEP     OG         6'2"        327        

40.          Brian O'Neill       Pittsburgh           OT          6'7"        297        

41.          Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State QB          6'4"        235        

42.          Sam Hubbard     Ohio State           EDGE     6'5"        270        

43.          James Washington          Oklahoma State WRF       6'0"        205        

44.          Braden Smith     Auburn OG         6'6"        315        

45.          Lorenzo Carter  Georgia EDGE     6'5"        250         OLB

46.          Justin Reid          Stanford              S              6'0"        207        

47.          Carlton Davis      Auburn CB           6'1"        206        

48.          Uchenna Nwosu               USC        OLB        6'2"        251        

49.          Da'Shawn Hand Alabama              DL5T      6'4"        297        

50.          Nick Chubb         Georgia RBF        5'11"      227        

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@chad72 Do you anticipate this draft to go beyond 4 rounds. (I am considering a trade.) Thanks. :)

I don't anticipate it beyond it. But we did say 2018 picks are allowed. So, that would mean we can still use the trade value chart and use picks from rounds beyond 4 even if you won't be using it. Whoever doesn't get to use it is the one losing in the trade, so if they are fine with it, I am fine with it. :) 

Tomorrow's timing, in the case @PureLuck doesn't get around to make his pick today:

18. Seattle Seahawks - @PureLuck - 8 am
19. Dallas Cowboys - @Clem-Dog - 10 am
20. Detroit Lions - @Track Guy - 12 noon
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills - @crestmount - 2 pm
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs - @OffensivelyPC - 4 pm
23. New England Patriots from Los Angeles Rams - @danlhart87 - 6 pm
24. Carolina Panthers - @WarGhost21 - 8 pm
25. Tennessee Titans -  @Finball 10 pm

Consensus starts 15 minutes after their time is due. I have gotten plenty of picks PM'ed to me.

If you do not anticipate to be around, just PM me the picks so that I can move the draft along. Thanks again.