Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Memorial Draft (Post Easter) Round 1 - Begins 4/11/2018

5 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

It's starting to go to far and sound insane. I shouldn't have to explain my picks or base my picks off what works best for you guys. It's not fair how im being attacked for taking 2 players that I feel are great. It's my draft board. I have a QB and a backup already. I have a RB already. The RB class is deep and IMO im not missing out on a Peyton Manning or even a Andrew Luck so im ok with MY picks. The attacks on me for my picks is immature and premature. I have several more picks. And it's been no fights and I hold no grudges on this forum. I'm a Colts fan and always have been. We are not working together in the draft though. Some of the people fussing I actually tried to trade back. It's a draft and nothing is guaranteed. Why make this personal or take it personal. 

These guys did see the trade offer you made me but not the comment that went with it.  If you go back and re read it, it might be self explanatory. 

IMO your two picks together are not close to reality.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

These guys did see the trade offer you made me but not the comment that went with it.  If you go back and re read it, it might be self explanatory. 

IMO your two picks together are not close to reality.

Hello I was wondering if you'd like to make a Trade?... You get # 4 =1800

I'd get # 36, 37, 49, 67=1735

It's all negotiable.That #4 will do wonders for your Franchise. You could easily get Q. Nelson & B. Chubbwith the 4th and 6th pick. Think about it. Your Fanswould love you .

What was so bad about this ?I basically was telling you what I was planning to do with my picks and offering you a chance to make a move if it suited you. Because I am a Colts fan. 

Here is the latest results of ROUND 1:

Round 1

Pick 
1. Cleveland Browns - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
2. New York Giants - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
4. Cleveland Browns from Houston Texans - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
5. Denver Broncos - 
Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
7. Arizona Cardinals from Tampa Bay Bucs - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
8. Chicago Bears - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
9. San Francisco 49ers - @Shive
10. Oakland Raiders - @tvturner
11. Miami Dolphins - @stitches
12. Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals - @OffensivelyPC
13. Washington Redskins - @John Hammonds
14. Green Bay Packers - @crazycolt1
15. Tampa Bay Bucs from Arizona Cardinals - @WarGhost21
16. Baltimore Ravens - @danlhart87
17. Los Angeles Chargers - @Irish Colt
18. Seattle Seahawks - @PureLuck
19. Dallas Cowboys - @Clem-Dog
20. Detroit Lions - @Track Guy
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills - @crestmount
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs - @OffensivelyPC
23. New England Patriots from Los Angeles Rams - @danlhart87
24. Carolina Panthers - @WarGhost21
25. Tennessee Titans - @Finball
26. Atlanta Falcons - @chad72
27. New Orleans Saints - @SaturdayAllDay
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - @NFLfan
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - @Jared Cisneros
30. Minnesota Vikings - @NFLfan
31. New England Patriots - @danlhart87
32. Philadelphia Eagles - @csmopar

Just now, SolidGold said:

Hello I was wondering if you'd like to make a Trade?... You get # 4 =1800

I'd get # 36, 37, 49, 67=1735

It's all negotiable.That #4 will do wonders for your Franchise. You could easily get Q. Nelson & B. Chubbwith the 4th and 6th pick. Think about it. Your Fanswould love you .

What was so bad about this ?I basically was telling you what I was planning to do with my picks and offering you a chance to make a move if it suited you. Because I am a Colts fan. 

Well you were planning on taking Chubb first overall. Soooo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Alright boys, if you're gonna bicker, take it to PMs. Lets stay drama free 

Not arguing, I was actually defending him. He's free to make his choices and sometimes we don't agree but that happens in the real draft all the time

24 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

It's starting to go to far and sound insane. I shouldn't have to explain my picks or base my picks off what works best for you guys. It's not fair how im being attacked for taking 2 players that I feel are great. It's my draft board. I have a QB and a backup already. I have a RB already. The RB class is deep and IMO im not missing out on a Peyton Manning or even a Andrew Luck so im ok with MY picks. The attacks on me for my picks is immature and premature. I have several more picks. And it's been no fights and I hold no grudges on this forum. I'm a Colts fan and always have been. We are not working together in the draft though. Some of the people fussing I actually tried to trade back. It's a draft and nothing is guaranteed. Why make this personal or take it personal. 

I don't know you well enough to take anything personal. Sniping is fine if that was your intent. The problem we have is that you did it in a way where you completely messed up your draft and it looks like you're just trying to cause chaos instead of make a legitimate effort to improve your team. You took Nelson from me and I can adapt, but those two picks basically leave you where you started. No elite RB and QB with either pick looks like you are just trying to troll people and see how they react when Chubb and Nelson are taken. The Browns offense is awful, and there's no way they'll pass up on both Barkley and a QB with both picks. You also could of taken whatever QB you wanted as well, so you can't say your QB was sniped.

7 minutes ago, TheMose said:

And I would hate that trade. Too many holes to fill to be trading away our next 4 picks

That is exactly why I turned it down and that is exactly what I told him.

Then he picks both the players he mentioned to me I could get in the trade?  Coincidence? 

Oh well, I have no problems with my pick as he is a great player of need. And I still have my 2nd round picks so all is good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

I don't think anyone is taking it personal, at least I'm not.  But an element of this game we're playing assumes that you're A) drafting for the team you are GM'ing and trying to hit their needs throughout B) playing it roughly as it would in real life, hence the "mock" or "simulation."  You would not see a trade offer to move up a couple of spots in the high first round without using thte current first round as part of the collateral.  One thing that really gets on people's nerves and takes the reality out of it quicker than anything else is people trading "inconsequential assets."  That's why players weren't able to be part of the game last year and this year, it's why we can't trade future picks, because yeah, you cna trade them in real life, but it's too easy for soemone to try to trade back into the first round and offer TreDavious White or a future 2019 first rounder just to grab an extra pick.  It was the best way to prevent people amassing picks just to have more involvement and making selections while still keeping the game grounded in reality.

This trade offer works the same way - you get the #6 overall but you give your entire second round and third round.  It's it might be more "within the rules" but it is still not realistic and just comes across as trying to amass picks to play more while under the guise of reality because the Colts have enough "draft points" to make the pick feasible.  People can sniff that out like they're looking for ammonia.  And like last year, it was pointed out quickly and consequently stopped quickly as possible.

Taking Nelson was just icing on the cake.  I don't have a problem with it (and like you said, it's your draft board), but it certainly isn't anything that's been proposed on the internet as far as I know - that is, the Browns taking no offensive playmakers with the #1 or #4 seems to collectively be regarded as a foregone conclusion to anyone you read on the internet, reliable or not.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is exactly why I turned it down and that is exactly what I told him.

Then he picks both the players he mentioned to me I could get in the trade?  Coincidence? 

Oh well, I have no problems with my pick as he is a great player of need. And I still have my 2nd round picks so all is good.

True. Even if he picked Barkley, Broncos could have very well have picked Nelson. You'd most likely be in the same spot regardless

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

Just curious, what is your projection for your starting 5 on the OL now? Whos making the move to OT or riding the bench? 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The only question I have is - will @stitches for the Dolphins or @OffensivelyPC for the Bills make a move for Josh Allen, now that he is available at No.9 since it is in striking distance?

@Shive better have his phones (PM mailbox) ready. :) 

Just now, stitches said:

The Dolphins have no interest in trading up for Josh Allen. 

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Eh, I don't think he's worth trading up for to be honest.

lol well we put that to rest real fast.

Just now, TheMose said:

Surprised you weren't bombarded with trade requests for him. I think if this was how it played out, there's a very realistic chance we trade back

I was trying to trade up with the Colts, offered my 1st, 2nd and third for Colts 1st and 4th.  It was an even trade as far as draft trade value points.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I was trying to trade up with the Colts, offered my 1st, 2nd and third for Colts 1st and 4th.  It was an even trade as far as draft trade value points.

I can see why he declined it. Being in that position, I wouldn't want an even trade. I want a desperate team overpaying. Lol

• Like 2

Sorry, I don't value the trade value points as I do where the picks are. If you value one player you want you cant expect a trade to be accepted based on trade value points.

Just now, TheMose said:

I can see why he declined it. Being in that position, I wouldn't want an even trade. I want a desperate team overpaying. Lol

I understood he wanted to profit at my expense, and the Bills have the draft capital to overpay, but no team I am GM of will be cavalier with their draft capital, LOL.

• Like 1

I understood he wanted to profit at my expense, and the Bills have the draft capital to overpay, but no team I am GM of will be cavalier with their draft capital, LOL.

Oh I definitely agree. But let's hope there's a GM out there that will for the real draft. Lol

• Like 1

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry, I don't value the trade value points as I do where the picks are. If you value one player you want you cant expect a trade to be accepted based on trade value points.

I get it.  Like I said, I don't thump on the drum of trade points in real life.  But for the purposes of this game, I do, if only because it's the closest thing to quantifying trades possible without real world experience.  In that sense, and with my preferences in a GM, I'm a penny pincher unless it's that guy I believe is can't miss and no one in this class is can't miss outside of maybe Nelson and Barkley - neither of which are premier positions.  

Anyway, it's all in good fun and I'm not in the least chippy about you not trading.  Would have been nice to snag Mayfield and I'd fill a Bills need.  But that's just it, it would have been nice, period.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@crazycolt1 went Ballardistic on you :) 

It turns out that I went too Ballardistic on @WarGhost21 I was trying to trade with him too and he tried to leverage the Cardinals offer to up the bid war.   We were only on pick 3 at the time and I didn't want to start bidding up before the player even lasted to the 7th pick.  Plus, I thought he was trying to avoid moving down to 15 if he could help it and that I could barely up my offer if at all by making clear that he would only be dropping a handful of spots.  I couldn't be sure he was accurately characterizing the value of the Cardinals trade (not that he was outright lying, but just in the sense that he was phibbing to inflate the value of their value to pit against mine) and I placed too much value on the 3 picks between BUF and ARI..  

So I told him I'll stand pat, thinking he was targeting someone at 12 that wouldn't be there at 15 and I lost out.  It was fun though.  This game, above all else, is really an eye opening exercise that shows you how it's just not so easy to trade up or down as some people make it out to be.

It turns out that I went too Ballardistic on @WarGhost21 I was trying to trade with him too and he tried to leverage the Cardinals offer to up the bid war.   We were only on pick 3 at the time and I didn't want to start bidding up before the player even lasted to the 7th pick.  Plus, I thought he was trying to avoid moving down to 15 if he could help it and that I could barely up my offer if at all by making clear that he would only be dropping a handful of spots.  I couldn't be sure he was accurately characterizing the value of the Cardinals trade (not that he was outright lying, but just in the sense that he was phibbing to inflate the value of their value to pit against mine) and I placed too much value on the 3 picks between BUF and ARI..  

So I told him I'll stand pat, thinking he was targeting someone at 12 that wouldn't be there at 15 and I lost out.  It was fun though.  This game, above all else, is really an eye opening exercise that shows you how it's just not so easy to trade up or down as some people make it out to be.

It's a lot more fun when we can trade. I remember last year we traded players as well, and I think I got T.J. Clemmings as well as some extra draft picks on my team. Forgot what team I had.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

If you have to get some, you have to give up some. That is just how it goes. :) 

• Like 1

True but with that in mind we are restricted to this years draft and only four rounds.

It's fun to put yourself in the GMs shoes though.

They only way we could get the total experience is to have a keeper draft league from year to year like fantasy football.