Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Memorial Draft (Post Easter) Round 1 - Begins 4/11/2018

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I don't anticipate it beyond it. But we did say 2018 picks are allowed. So, that would mean we can still use the trade value chart and use picks from rounds beyond 4 even if you won't be using it. Whoever doesn't get to use it is the one losing in the trade, so if they are fine with it, I am fine with it. :) 

I'd be losing. Lol. That is why I was wondering. 

This has moved along much faster than we anticipated. Since we were planning for 4 rounds, I thought that at this pace, we may go beyond 4. But no worries. I won't make the trade. Thanks. :thmup:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SolidGold said:

CrazyColt wrote this.

Any QB in this years draft that will be considered elite would have been gone by pick three. Just because the media built this years QB choice as something special does not mean it's true.

This years crop of QBs as a whole are junk. 

Just because the media built this years QB choice as something special does not mean it's true.

This years crop of QBs as a whole are junk.

In the mean time you can be as negative as you want to be or accept that this is the NFL and that is reality. It never goes as you, me or anyone else wants it to.  

never goes as you, me or anyone else wants it to.        Practice what you preach... Doesn't feel good does it.

Do you understand English?  I ask you 2 times to just stop but no, you feel like you have to have to last word in so here ya go. Be my guest. It more than likely makes no difference to you but I am using my right to put you on ignore. So don't bother wasting your time even commenting to me. Now if you want to continue I am sure the rest of the forum is tired of reading it.

I do apologize to the rest of the forum members for this nonsense I was involved in.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I put her on ignore. I also apologized.

What more do you guys want?

You could have said it nicer at the very least. Or if you must, take it to PMs so we don’t have to deal with it. It has nothing to do with apologies, it should never have started in the first place. Now let’s just get back to the draft and have fun with no more bickering please! Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

You could have said it nicer at the very least. Or if you must, take it to PMs so we don’t have to deal with it. It has nothing to do with apologies, it should never have started in the first place. Now let’s just get back to the draft and have fun with no more bickering please! Thank you!

Nicer?  lol, if you say so. 

Sorry for the delay, I've been asleep already, time difference from Europe to the US can be tricky ;) - didn't anticipate the draft to move along that well... Seahawks are still trying to find a trade partner for the 18th pick, if anyone is interested just PM me, otherwise I'll just make my pick at 8am.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PureLuck said:

Sorry for the delay, I've been asleep already, time difference from Europe to the US can be tricky ;) - didn't anticipate the draft to move along that well... Seahawks are still trying to find a trade partner for the 18th pick, if anyone is interested just PM me, otherwise I'll just make my pick at 8am.

No sweat. Just wanted to give you ample time because the draft moved much faster than we expected. Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crestmount said:

chad72 I have sent you a pm with my pick options--time zone differences mean that I am 14 hrs ahead of you guys, so no guarantee I will be around when my pick comes up

Got it, will take care of it when the time comes due.

Round 1 Picks so far:

1. Cleveland Browns - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
2. New York Giants - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
4. Cleveland Browns from Houston Texans - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
5. Denver Broncos - 
Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
7. Arizona Cardinals from Tampa Bay Bucs - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
8. Chicago Bears - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
9. San Francisco 49ers - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
10. Oakland Raiders - Derwin James, S, Florida State

11. Miami Dolphins - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

12. Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio

13. Washington Redskins - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

14. Green Bay Packers - Marcus Davenport, OLB, UT-San Antonio

15. Tampa Bay Bucs from Arizona Cardinals - Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa

16. Baltimore Ravens - Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Vita Vea, DT, Washington

18. Seattle Seahawks - Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

19. Dallas Cowboys - Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State

20. Detroit Lions - @Track Guy
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills - @crestmount
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs - @OffensivelyPC
23. New England Patriots from Los Angeles Rams - @danlhart87
24. Carolina Panthers - @WarGhost21
25. Tennessee Titans - @Finball
26. Atlanta Falcons - @chad72
27. New Orleans Saints - @SaturdayAllDay
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - @NFLfan
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - @Jared Cisneros
30. Minnesota Vikings - @NFLfan
31. New England Patriots - @danlhart87
32. Philadelphia Eagles - @csmopar

Hey Chad, could we get an updated list on available players with the selected players being removed. I am struggling to figure out who's available and going all the way back to page 1. No need for all the heights and weights, just big board #, Name, and Position would be great. Thanks!

Top 50 picks so far:

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

1.            Sam Darnold      USC        QB          6'4"        225        

2.            Saquon Barkley Penn State          RBF        6'0"        233        

3.            Bradley Chubb  NC State              EDGE     6'4"        269        

4.            Josh Rosen          UCLA     QB          6'3"        210        

5.            Josh Allen            Wyoming             QB          6'5"        230        

6.            Minkah Fitzpatrick           Alabama              S              6'0"        204        

7.            Denzel Ward      Ohio State           CB           5'10"      183        

8.            Quenton Nelson               Notre Dame       OG         6'5"        325        

9.            Tremaine Edmunds         Virginia Tech      OLB        64"         253         ILB

10.          Derrius Guice     LSU        RBF        5'10"      224        

11.          Baker Mayfield  Oklahoma           QB          6'0"        210        

12.          Derwin James    Florida State       S              6'2"        215        

13.          Roquan Smith    Georgia ILB          6'1"        236         OLB

14.          Marcus Davenport          UTSA     EDGE     6'6"        264        

15.          Calvin Ridley       Alabama              WRF       6'1"        190        

16.          Rashaan Evans   Alabama              ILB          6'2"        232        

17.          Mike McGlinchey             Notre Dame       OT          6'8"        309        

18.          Lamar Jackson   Louisville              QB          6'2"        205        

19.          Taven Bryan       Florida  DL3T      6'5"        291        

20.          Vita Vea               Washington        DL1T      6'4"        347        

21.          Joshua Jackson  Iowa      CB           6'0"        196        

22.          Kolton Miller      UCLA     OT          6'9"        309        

23.          Maurice Hurst   Michigan              DL3T      6'1"        292        

24.          Arden Key           LSU        EDGE     6'5"        238        

25.          Christian Kirk      Texas A&M         WRF       5'11"      201         WRS

26.          Harold Landry    Boston College  EDGE     6'2"        252         OLB

27.          Connor Williams                Texas    OT          6'5"        296        

28.          Mike Hughes      UCF        CB           5'10"      189        

29.          D.J. Moore          Maryland             WRF       5'11"      215         WRS

30.          Leighton Vander Esch     Boise State         ILB          6'4"        256         OLB

31.          Hayden Hurst     South Carolina   TE           6'5"        253        

32.          Isaiah Oliver       Colorado              CB           6'0"        201        

33.          Isaiah Wynn       Georgia OG         6'2"        313        

34.          Jaire Alexander Louisville              CB           5'10"      196        

35.          Da'Ron Payne    Alabama              DL1T      6'2"        311        

36.          Ronald Jones II  USC        RBF        5'11"      205        

37.          Ronnie Harrison                Alabama              S              6'2"        207        

38.          Courtland Sutton             SMU      WRF       6'4"        225        

39.          Will Hernandez UTEP     OG         6'2"        327        

40.          Brian O'Neill       Pittsburgh           OT          6'7"        297        

41.          Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State QB          6'4"        235        

42.          Sam Hubbard     Ohio State           EDGE     6'5"        270        

43.          James Washington          Oklahoma State WRF       6'0"        205        

44.          Braden Smith     Auburn OG         6'6"        315        

45.          Lorenzo Carter  Georgia EDGE     6'5"        250         OLB

46.          Justin Reid          Stanford              S              6'0"        207        

47.          Carlton Davis      Auburn CB           6'1"        206        

48.          Uchenna Nwosu               USC        OLB        6'2"        251        

49.          Da'Shawn Hand Alabama              DL5T      6'4"        297        

50.          Nick Chubb         Georgia RBF        5'11"      227        

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

Hey Chad, could we get an updated list on available players with the selected players being removed. I am struggling to figure out who's available and going all the way back to page 1. No need for all the heights and weights, just big board #, Name, and Position would be great. Thanks!

Ask and you shall receive :) , posted above

26 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

Since there are still no offers the Seattle Seahawks select Isaiah Wynn, G, Georgia.

@Clem-Dog ad the Cowboys are on the clock.

Just out of interest, why take Wynn so high? 

I genuinely am not up on my prospects so not a dig at your selection, but Seattle's line needs help all over I think and there are higher rated tackles per @chad72s list.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Eagles are openly exploring trade options for the 32nd pick.  Looking to trade back mainly, possibly trade up if the deal is right.

Falcons are willing to oblige at No.26 and move back if the deal is right. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Eagles are openly exploring trade options for the 32nd pick.  Looking to trade back mainly, possibly trade up if the deal is right.

Buccaneers may be interested, will await an offer! And just to 1 up Chad, the Panthers may be interested at 24!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I genuinely am not up on my prospects so not a dig at your selection, but Seattle's line needs help all over I think and there are higher rated tackles per @chad72s list.

I thought he might go with Mike McGlinchey too, so not sure. Seattle has morphed into a team more dependent on RW and they do not have that power back like Lynch that they had before. Maybe they want to go back to that old style of ball, just not sure if they have all the pieces for that old style to work.

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It seems like many teams are looking to trade back. Pittsburgh (#28) and Minnesota (#30) are also. :bored:

22 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Best offensive lineman left for Seattle's offense... I'm aware it's a little high, expect him to go in the 20's, but noone wanted to trade up... personally I think McGlinchey would just not be a fit at all in Seattle, lineman there need to be able to move when Wilson scrambles, which is not McGlinchey's strong suit, though I admit I haven't watched much of him, just going by scouting reports available...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, it is time for the consensus pick for the Detroit Lions.

I have 4 candidates in mind:

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

Harold Landy, OLB, Boston College

Arden Key, DE, LSU

Who do you guys have in mind? Or which one of the above 4 makes the most sense for the Lions?

It looks like it might be down to Taven Bryan and DaRon Payne (thanks @danlhart87), here are their profiles:

Taven Bryan:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/taven-bryan?id=32462018-0002-5601-4019-7ec2f41a69d1

Da'Ron Payne:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/da'ron-payne?id=32462018-0002-5600-68ba-6b48873dba9b

It looks like Da'Ron Payne is more of an instant starter than Taven Bryan.

EDIT: Just found out they did sign Sylvester Williams in free agency, does that change anything?

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alright, it is time for the consensus pick for the Detroit Lions.

I have 4 candidates in mind:

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

Harold Landy, OLB, Boston College

Arden Key, DE, LSU

Who do you guys have in mind? Or which one of the above 4 makes the most sense for the Lions?

most mocks have them needing a DE, so I'd take Key. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

most mocks have them needing a DE, so I'd take Key. 

They do have Ansah, Zettel and Hyder there.. not ideal group due to various reasons but DT is a bigger need. If Patricia is anything like BB, he'd value the interior more too.

Sly Williams has been more or less a JAG throughout his career. Doesn't change much.

I'd give them Payne to pair up with A'shawn Robinson. Ozzie Newsome would be jealous.

OT makes zero sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Wow, I dipped in here expecting another standard mock draft......boy was I surprised!

giphy.gif

If you want in, there are some people with two teams, you could see if they're willing to give up one of them.  We're almost through the 1st round so one of the teams who don't have a pick till the 2nd round might be the best way to go about it (or at least look at the teams still left who haven't picked yet).   Possible teams who fit the bill and are with guys with two teams are:

@csmopar - manages both the Eagles and Texans, neither of whom have picked.

@Jared Cisneros - manages the Broncos and Jaguars.  Jaguars haven't picked yet.

@chad72 - manages the Cardinals and Falcons.  Falcons have not picked yet.

@danlhart87 - manages the Ravens and Patriots.  Patriots haven't picked yet.

@WarGhost21 - manages the Bucs and the Panthers.  Panthers haven't picked yet.

@Finball - manages the Giants and Titans.  Titans haven't picked yet.

@PureLuck - manages the Seahaws and Chiefs.  Chiefs haven't picked yet.

@NFLfan - manages the Steelers and Vikings.  Neither have picked, but Steelers are the only option because she's a Vikings fan.

I think that's it.  You'll have to deal with any trades already made, and I haven't kept track of them.  But whatever picks you have you can trade. The only thing you can trade is picks in the current draft (i.e. no 2019 or later picks and no players).