Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN ranking for Colts

ColtsAC

1 hour ago, Deadpool said:

This has to do with how the team did in the off season so far, I believe. and hate to say it, aside from the trade with the jets the colts really haven't made a splash like most teams. Even Cleveland has improved. But look at it thisi way, Can't get any worst, can only get better! lol

Looking at the intent of the espn article again, I think you're right, Deadpool. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Regardless who does the Power Rankings, the Colts will be at or near the bottom. It's No ESPN's fault we are devoid of talent.

The thing is the usual doormats like the brownies, 49ers, rams are all improved. In fact the rams and 49ers will dominate their division next few years. 

Other yeams with similar records from last season like Giants & Broncos & Texans have better rosters than us. 

It seems we're at the bottom and unless another good trade down gets us a great haul and ballard hits big time with the rookies we may be at the bottom for a while. Especially with Luck's uncertainty.

ESPN doesn't bother me how they rank the Colts, I just don't like the product they put out.

Maybe with the exception of 30 for 30. Those are good. 

That HQ (highly questionable) show is on at the gym everyday after work, and I don't even know how that made it on to any network...let alone ESPN. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but ESPN as a whole also said the Pacers would suck and picked them to win 32 games or so, how did that turn out :lol:? Pacers are 44-31! They know nothing about our teams and don't follow us so-called hicks, so I don't let their crap bother me anymore :thmup:. With a healthy Andrew Luck, realistically at worse we are middle of the pack Bad as in around 15th/16th in the league = Average team at worse. He makes that much of a difference. Just need to get him some help and maybe we can be a Playoff team? If Ballard nails this Draft that would be huge.

What would you consider nailing the draft? What would have to happen?

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The list I saw had us at 32nd.

We've lost people and hardly replaced any of them.

The ranking is as of TODAY.

What's the problem?

This doesn't mean this will be our ranking in early September when the season starts.     We've got time to change this. And we likely will.

NOTE:   I see the list has already been updated.   We're now 31st!    We've already jumped one spot!    We're making progress!

Those rankings mean nothing anyway.

Wow, this is going to be a fun offseason. Today, we have a topic where ESPN has us ranked #31. Next month, after the draft, ESPN will (probably) have a segment where we were the  draft winners. That’s what happens when you have 4 picks in the top 50 currently. 

However, a ranking of 31 out of 32 NFL teams in March is as important as who the perceived winner of the draft is in April - which is not very important. 

But, there isn’t much (new) to talk about in March - at ESPN or on here. I get it. I just hope we don’t put a lot of weight in either one. 

*Oh by the way, when Luck does come back, he’s going to be ... rusty. It may take several actual games before things start to slow down again for him and he looks like his old self. Here’s hoping we all take a balanced, measured approach when that happens. :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Where did they have Philadelphia ranked at this time last year?

couldnt find a predraft ranking, but in the preseason the eagles were 15th, colts were 18th

they were bashing the eagles for their running back situation, before they traded for ajayi.  they went on to be third in rushing yards, but that late trade certainly helped with that 

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

ESPN doesn't bother me how they rank the Colts, I just don't like the product they put out.

Maybe with the exception of 30 for 30. Those are good. 

That HQ (highly questionable) show is on at the gym everyday after work, and I don't even know how that made it on to any network...let alone ESPN. 

I have espn now caus it's included in the new condo services. Before that I cut the cord and did not miss them except for some baseball games they bring. I usually have MLB extra innings so very few Yankee games I don't get to see. 

But I still like Rachel Nichols lol.

• Like 2

Pagano once moved up 11 places in the coaches rankings 2 off season's ago (He must have been coaching the heck out the empty locker room that year) shame it didn't translate to the field....but.....anything is possible when your making it up lol

Hey, all they can go by is today.  Luck is still not throwing full sized footballs yet, they haven't made a big splash in FA, and they haven't drafted anybody yet.  They were putrid last season and nobody knows what this coaching staff is going to bring yet.  I have ZERO problem with this ranking because, quite frankly, I have no idea what to expect from this team myself.  But I can say my expectations for this team for 2018 are low.  I think this is a 2-3 year process.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 4:07 PM, Luck 4 president said:

Rankings mean nothing. Remember when we were ranked 1st after the 2014 season? 

Technically if Luck never got injured we may have gone deep in the playoffs....

We did beat the eventual superbowl winners....

Just a different perspective...

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry....    this won't be popular...

But this ranking is both ridiculous and embarrassing.   

Ya I was just posting that to show preseason rankings mean nothing. There’s no way we are 8 even with Luck. Maybe if we nail the draft then we are 8, but after FA where we did nothing we should be really low 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think for anybody to rank us 32 with Andrew Luck healthy needs to find a new occupation lmao 

Several things...     we had a terrible roster last year and have already lost Hankins, Melvin and Moncrief,  none of which we have replaced.

And....    we don't have a healthy Andrew Luck yet.   Maybe he's fine when camp opens in July ---  maybe.

Does it really make a difference if we're 32 or 31 when it's March?

We're not very good until we prove we are....

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Several things...     we had a terrible roster last year and have already lost Hankins, Melvin and Moncrief,  none of which we have replaced.

and gore.  he was getting up there, but theres no way our rb group is better right now without him 

• Like 2

All I can say at this time is that there is nearly no way any team led by Andrew Luck can be last in the league. Further, the progress made by Brissett last year would also make for a better season. The change to a 4-3 might cause some problems initially, but I stand by my initial statement.

The health of Luck is still in question.    We have lost Gore, Hankins, Melvin and Moncrief as NewColt has said.   He have done pretty much nothing in free agency so far.   We have a new rookie head coach.   A ranking of 30+ is not really absurd.  

31 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This is laughable, a team with Andrew Luck ranked 31st. This is why I give no credibility to sports writers they are all about causing controversy and conversation by ticking people off 

its a snap shot of this moment, and luck isnt back yet

its a little inconsistent that they have the texans in the top ten, assuming their guys are back though.  i guess they think watt and watson are more likely to come back strong than luck will

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry....    this won't be popular...

But this ranking is both ridiculous and embarrassing.   

It won't be popular, but it's true.  I don't see how the Colts could possibly be ranked anywhere but at the bottom 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many here don't have a problem with us being 32. I really don't either, that is ESPN's opinion but I find it odd they have Houston 10th and that has to be based them thinking Watson and Watt will come back 100%. If they gave us the same leeway with Luck being healthy then we would be in the Top 20 at worse. Their rankings don't make any sense. If they rated Houston like they did us then Houston should be near the bottom as well.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:55 PM, NewColtsFan said:

The list I saw had us at 32nd.

We've lost people and hardly replaced any of them.

The ranking is as of TODAY.

What's the problem?

This doesn't mean this will be our ranking in early September when the season starts.     We've got time to change this. And we likely will.

NOTE:   I see the list has already been updated.   We're now 31st!    We've already jumped one spot!    We're making progress!

4-12 team with easy schedule let's almost every player worth a salt go . Sounds about right to me.