Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts get draft picks?

RockThatBlue

Just now, JimJaime said:

A lie is knowingly telling a falsehood.. or not doing what you said.  Could he be a liar? Yes could he have just gotten cold feet and decided not to go at the last minute. That makes him a tool and not a liar.

It makes him both.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Be silly to go for blood as in any legal case they have absolutely no case against the Pats NONE.

If the Colts feel that they do then I fully expect them to pursue an action either at law or in equity.  Irsay isn't going to just let this go. We are already couching our language regarding our statement on this incident accordingly.  I also just saw a tweet referencing a quote from your owner Kraft  saying he asked McDaniels to "F" over the Colts as payback for Deflategate."  I believe it was posted on NESN.  That won't play over well with Goodell at all. They have nothing to lose here in taking the Pats through the mud again.  Hopefully we can get some draft picks to boot. 

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

No, they were hired as employees based off of his recommendation. Not a good example. But even in your example you couldn't go after his current employer. Or even him. 

I get the feeling that our friend Jim Jaime is just trying to stir the pot here. Have fun brother no one's buying your nonsense

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

For him I agree. The Patriots? I disagree.. they retained a proven very very good OC. That's good business. 

They enticed a man who had already agreed to become the Colts next HC.   Stories report they approached McDaniels in the last 48 hours about staying.   Are going to tells us you're unaware of this?    That's good for the Pats but bad for the NFL.

You think the other 30 owners are happy about this?   I don't think they'll let this go without punishing the Pats.   Clearly what New England had done has hurt the Colts franchise.   This can not go unchecked.

I'd expect a loss of draft picks and maybe a fine.  

My thoughts exactly. They literally hurt really bad our plans and all of that. 

I know that he probably didn't broke any rules, but it was a very, very low blow, man... 

Maybe that's why I've always had that gut feeling to never trust a Patriot at all

11 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Again I am thinking people don't know what a liar is. Is the Midwest that filled with less lawyers thatbyoj guys can't tell the difference between a liar and someone having a change of heart?

The people in the Midwest know what a liar is, the real question is do the people in the Northeast know what lack of integrity is?  Oh and less lawyers is better.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They enticed a man who had already agreed to become the Colts next HC.   Stories report they approached McDaniels in the last 48 hours about staying.   Are going to tells us you're unaware of this?    That's good for the Pats but bad for the NFL.

You think the other 30 owners are happy about this?   I don't think they'll let this go without punishing the Pats.   Clearly what New England had done has hurt the Colts franchise.   This can not go unchecked.

I'd expect a loss of draft picks and maybe a fine.  

The other owners can't write law. And their is no CBA here for them make law up with. The Pats have every right to retain a current employee. 

what will happen is nothing. I think it's funny you think Kraft would do anything that his team of lawyers didn't approve of before hand.

also McDaniels has already stated he is staying with NO PROMISES from the pats. So that's gives the owners even less recourse. 

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

The people in the Midwest know what a liar is, the real question is do the people in the Northeast know what lack of integrity is?  Oh and less lawyers is better.

Oh I never said he had integrity.. I just said he isn't a liar.. most good people give their word, but just because you break your word doesn't make you a liar. 

1 hour ago, eseae said:

I will make any bet you want that the colts get absolutely nothing from the pats, because I know how the NFL rules work in this situation and you don't. Thus, it is a bet I cannot lose. 

If one of the assistants hired by the Colts can say he talked with McDaniels and was given the impression that McDaniels  was taking the Colts job then yes there could be something. Verbal agreements do mean something when they can be proved.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If one of the assistants hired by the Colts can say he talked with McDaniels and was given the impression that McDaniels  was taking the Colts job then yes there could be something. Verbal agreements do mean something when they can be proved.

Put him on stand and also I'm willing to bet that there could have been a agreement between McDaniels and Ballard a while back due to having same agent... Kraft caught wind and orchastrated this to hurt Indy..knowing McDaniels wasn't going to leave... 

1 minute ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

Put him on stand and also I'm willing to bet that there could have been a agreement between McDaniels and Ballard a while back due to having same agent... Kraft caught wind and orchastrated this to hurt Indy..knowing McDaniels wasn't going to leave... 

Just remember. Goodell does not have to put anyone on a stand. He has full power with majority ownerships backing to do something about this.

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Florio would say that regardless. Basically a wanna be PR man for the pats.

My question is doesn't Goodell have all kinds of authority to do things under terms that fall under protecting the shield and or actions detrimental to the league? 

36 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

The other owners can't write law. And their is no CBA here for them make law up with. The Pats have every right to retain a current employee. 

what will happen is nothing. I think it's funny you think Kraft would do anything that his team of lawyers didn't approve of before hand.

also McDaniels has already stated he is staying with NO PROMISES from the pats. So that's gives the owners even less recourse. 

I suppose from a legal view all the bases are covered. 

From the view of the fans of football. This should not be how business is conducted. This stuff reminds me of WWE. Sports are more than just entertainment, they are supposed to be about team work and competition. Sport should be about sportsmanship. This is some garbage I would expect from a soap.

After the last few seasons including;

deflate gate

the odd calls by refs

The relationship of the players, owners and the league is combative

The Patriots being the heel

Player scandals, coach scandals, owner scandals

The whole stuff around the kneeling (people burning their seasons tickets)

I feel like the product is losing focus.

46 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Just because this is the first time this has ever happened and there's no literal rule that has been broken, that doesn't mean that what was done was in the up and up.

If the owners and Commissioner think the spirit of the tampering rules have been violated then then can hand down sanctions.

If this is allowed to stand, which team is going to want to hire the hot coordinator from the next Super Bowl?    Who wants to put their franchise at risk that the coach they want to hire is going to get cold feet and/or be tempted by a late offer at this point in the process?

The Pats have opened a can of worms.   In the grand scheme of things, I suspect Kraft is so happy to retain McDaniels and keep him away from the Colts, that he won't care about the loss of picks.   

I think you're going to be surprised...   Kraft will be found to have tampered with McDaniels and his franchise will lose picks to the Colts.

The idea that nothing will happen as a result of this is the kind of thinking that only a fan can make...

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

My question is doesn't Goodell have all kinds of authority to do things under terms that fall under protecting the shield and or actions detrimental to the league? 

Yes he does.   All sorts of broad authority.

Best interest if the league.   Tampering.

I'm expecting Goodell to drop the hammer on Kraft and the Pats.

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Waited over a month and get burned. 

What can we get, if anything?

The Colts CAN and WILL get draft picks.   Exactly what is impossible to know,   But the NFL simply can't just say...  "sorry Colts, you're out of Luck.   Sucks to be you."

It's a terrible look for the league.   It puts other franchises at risk of having the same thing happen to them.    As it is, rules will likely have to change about signing a coach away from one of the two Super Bowl teams.    Otherwise, who wants to gamble that the coach they want to hire won't get cold feet and leave the team high and dry this late in the hiring process?

The Colts have been damaged.   They are due compensation from the Pats.   I would expect we will know by early April -- two months.

Again I am thinking people don't know what a liar is. Is the Midwest that filled with less lawyers thatbyoj guys can't tell the difference between a liar and someone having a change of heart?

I’m jumping in late haven’t been following but I will say this...we defiantly have less lawyers in Indiana...we have a lot less snakes around here. I’ll say this...in the Midwest a mans word is his bond...a hand shake around here is a contract. Yeah we might be simple folks to you coastal people...but we operate on a whole different level of honor system. I’m not going to make any snide remarks but there defiantly is a fundamental difference that most people around here operate on as opposed to other places from my experiences in the business world. There is nothing more important than your good name and honoring your word. You’ll have a hard time arguing any points with someone if you haven’t had that hammered into your very fabric of your being like most around here.

I can’t anymore...I’m just out of energy. I’m not really concerned about picks and compensation. We will extract our revenge on the playing field and it will be sweet sweet justice....and it will be even more satisfying doing it with the coaches he screwed over.

I can imagine that statement was made because promises were made, but they knew that getting out would get them in a lot of trouble. 

just because you break your word doesn't make you a liar. 

That's literally the definition of lying.

Lie:

An intentionally false statement.

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If the Colts feel that they do then I fully expect them to pursue an action either at law or in equity.  Irsay isn't going to just let this go. We are already couching our language regarding our statement on this incident accordingly.  I also just saw a tweet referencing a quote from your owner Kraft  saying he asked McDaniels to "F" over the Colts as payback for Deflategate."  I believe it was posted on NESN.  That won't play over well with Goodell at all. They have nothing to lose here in taking the Pats through the mud again.  Hopefully we can get some draft picks to boot. 

I think he just saved us 3 years of horrible losing seasons.

I don't know about us getting any sort of compensation, but I absolutely believe Goodell and the other owners will drop the hammer on NE. McDaniels agreed to the terms of his contract (verbal agreement), had us sign his assistants to contracts, and was on the phone with more potential assistants this morning, then suddenly everything changes as soon as he talks to Kraft.

Despite the reported "no promises", I have a VERY hard time believing there weren't any made to McDaniels and would be exactly what you would put out to get in front of the assumptions that every one would jump to.

If nothing else, it sets a terrible precedent and even if there isn't any legal recourse, the league can levy any punishment it deems appropriate.

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

To prevent this kind of stuff from happening, the NFL should institute the rule that you can't hire any coaches until after the superbowl.

Its the most fair, equal, and equitable way of doing it.

That actually may be the best route moving forward. It leaves all teams on equal footing and prevents issues like this from happening again.

2 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

deflate gate

the odd calls by refs

The relationship of the players, owners and the league is combative

The Patriots being the heel

Player scandals, coach scandals, owner scandals

The whole stuff around the kneeling (people burning their seasons tickets)

I feel like the product is losing focus.

Yea, at this point we might as well bring the XFL back. Oh, wait...

6 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Just like a typical pats fan, twist reality to make you feel better about a classless organization, a classless staff, a classless owner. 

If you give someone your word, you sign a contract(which more and more is sounding like he did) , you make phone calls and tell prospective coaches you are now the head coach and then you suddenly back out, yeah, you're a liar, tool, a flat disgrace. Not to mention you were bribed to do so by the sleaziest owner in the business, eventually karma WILL catch up to Kraft and will catch up to McDaniels. 

But having 5 rings excuses classless acts, the cheating, the lying, the sabaotage that EVERY win they have had has been shrouded in. Go back to the Chreatiots forum and stay off ours

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

To prevent this kind of stuff from happening, the NFL should institute the rule that you can't hire any coaches until after the superbowl.

Its the most fair, equal, and equitable way of doing it.

May have to go farther and say you can't interview coaches prior as well

6 hours ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

I have a feeing Ballard has a new agent this morning.

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I have a feeing Ballard has a new agent this morning.

I don't think having the same agent did anything. Kraft knew already once we did the second interview and hadn't hired anything. Now unless he is saying kraft found out before the second interview and then had mcdaniels play along so that Indy gets stuck with Coordinators and assistants.

16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I don't think having the same agent did anything. Kraft knew already once we did the second interview and hadn't hired anything. Now unless he is saying kraft found out before the second interview and then had mcdaniels play along so that Indy gets stuck with Coordinators and assistants.

Still... the Colts just got Paul Georged