Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts get draft picks?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can get laughed at by the entire league and the knowledge that this organization is officially a dumpster fire and that whatever coach we bring in is our third pick at best.  Just when I was thinking it couldn't possibly be any worse to be a Colts fan.

the president has been set with Belichick already. We already have three coaches under contract based on McDaniels wishes. The Colts agreed to terms with McDaniels. There is no way that newly redesigned Rodger Goodell is going to let this slide. This kind of behavior cannot exist in the NFL it undermines everything the teams are trying to do and the league itself. What's more interesting is that this is New England's second time doing this and we all know what else they have done over the years and got punished for. I can see no course the league can take other than punishing New England and giving us draft picks and possible reparations for the money we paid for the coaches we already signed that he wanted

4 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

the president has been set with Belichick already. We already have three coaches under contract based on McDaniels wishes. The Colts agreed to terms with McDaniels. There is no way that newly redesigned Rodger Goodell is going to let this slide. This kind of behavior cannot exist in the NFL it undermines everything the teams are trying to do and the league itself. What's more interesting is that this is New England's second time doing this and we all know what else they have done over the years and got punished for. I can see no course the league can take other than punishing New England and giving us draft picks and possible reparations for the money we paid for the coaches we already signed that he wanted

Wow! The Pats retained their OC he was not hired as a head coach. The colts should and won't get a damn thing.  Was what he did wrong? Yup is it the Pats fault? Nope he made a last minute decision NOT ago take the job, BB had already been HC for the Jets for a whole day.. thus the 1st round pick.. and the best  use of a first rounde in pats history. 

Now ow I do believe McDaniels was promised the HC JOB WHEN BB retires but that's speculation at best. What I see happening is BB retires as coach but remains president of player operations... like Coughlin. 

24 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Waited over a month and get burned. 

What can we get, if anything?

Doubt we get anything but I really feel like the Patriots as an organization should be punished somehow for this. It’s ridiculous what their front office did by doing this last minute when he already agreed with the Colts. 

9 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Lol, we ain't getting anything. No rules broken. Just a changed mind with no contract signed. He's a punk for it... but we won't get, and shouldn't get, anything.

At least we stuck them with useless Dorsett and broken DAllen.  I never thought Mc Daniels was some second coming of Vince Lombardi anyway, but the way he did this is classless.  I prefer people who want to be here, and he clearly does not.  Screw him.

16 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Wow! The Pats retained their OC he was not hired as a head coach. The colts should and won't get a damn thing.  Was what he did wrong? Yup is it the Pats fault? Nope he made a last minute decision NOT ago take the job, BB had already been HC for the Jets for a whole day.. thus the 1st round pick.. and the best  use of a first rounde in pats history. 

Now ow I do believe McDaniels was promised the HC JOB WHEN BB retires but that's speculation at best. What I see happening is BB retires as coach but remains president of player operations... like Coughlin. 

Are you guys serious he came to terms with the Colts. The Colts hired assistant coaches based upon his wishes. We waited to sign him till after the season was over. There is no way the league is going to not investigate this and this is not a new thing Belichick did the same thing with the Jets. You can disagree all you want to but this smells of something deeper. And once again this is against the team that's been penalized many times over the last 10 years for cheating

31 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

We can get laughed at by the entire league and the knowledge that this organization is officially a dumpster fire and that whatever coach we bring in is our third pick at best.  Just when I was thinking it couldn't possibly be any worse to be a Colts fan.

I think you are overreacting. Things could be A LOT worse.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Are you guys serious he came to terms with the Colts. The Colts hired assistant coaches based upon his wishes. We waited to sign him till after the season was over. There is no way the league is going to not investigate this and this is not a new thing Belichick did the same thing with the Jets. You can disagree all you want to but this smells of something deeper. And once again this is against the team that's been penalized many times over the last 10 years for cheating

There ya go! Typical knee jerk "they been caught cheating" garbage every losing team (not loser but losing) goes to. The simple fact he was NOT OFFICIALLY the Colts HC. He was STILL under contract with the Patriots  and Kraft sweetened the deal enough have him stay.  It's not difficult to understand, but your use to your leadership crying foul whenever anything goes against them. 

3 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

There ya go! Typical knee jerk "they been caught cheating" garbage every losing team (not loser but losing) goes to. The simple fact he was NOT OFFICIALLY the Colts HC. He was STILL under contract with the Patriots  and Kraft sweetened the deal enough have him stay.  It's not difficult to understand, but your use to your leadership crying foul whenever anything goes against them. 

Here is something you should read:

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/961050801945837568/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.stampedeblue.com%2F2018%2F2%2F6%2F16983124%2Fcolts-dodge-bullet-mcdaniels-lacks-integrity-belongs-in-new-england

If any of this is true, the Colts will let the storm calm down for a while and take care of their immediate business, hiring their next HC. Then, they go after Kraft and the Patriots if there is even a semblance of anything to validate their case.

It is not just us fans crying foul but the NFL and the other 31 owners might be vested in this not happening again, just saying.

1 hour ago, GusFring said:

Did they really sign the DC before McDaniels? If so, Ballard looks horrible right now. 

McDaniels couldn't get signed before Monday.. he gave us a list and we signed the people he wanted... He was calling other assistants today...Ballard is fine and did all he could

5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Typical Boston attitude, nothing our sports teams do is ever wrong.  The truth is that Josh is the bad guy, he gave his word, and now we know what that is worth.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

You have to understand that the Colts signed other assistants based on their agreement AND he hasn't even call them to tell this info and are just as shocked...he had a voided verbal contract and the Colts can go after him or his current team if they were mislead. It's fraud

1 hour ago, TdungyW/12 said:

We should get compensated with NE picks 

Won't happen, we never had the rights to him, he never signed a contract.

I warned you all about mccheater, you all called me crazy. 

We dodged a bullet. Obviously he is a cheater and cannot be trusted to keep his word. Better off with anyone else. 

15 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

:troll:

6 minutes ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

You have to understand that the Colts signed other assistants based on their agreement AND he hasn't even call them to tell this info and are just as shocked...he had a voided verbal contract and the Colts can go after him or his current team if they were mislead. It's fraud

If the Colts had a verbal contract with Josh, they can go after Josh.....but Josh ain't got no draft picks.

If NE meddled at the last minute, then possibly.  But Josh is saying he returned with no promises made by NE.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Agreeing to terms means squat until the contract is signed. The Jets got picks to let BB go to the pats because the NFL ruled the Jets still held the tights top him after he quit for to certain language in his contact with the Jets. Mccheater never had a contract with the colts. 

And why would the league punish the pats? What did they have to do with this? He backed out, it's good decision. Stop whining, learn how the NFL rules work. 

8 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Typical Boston attitude, nothing our sports teams do is ever wrong.  The truth is that Josh is the bad guy, he gave his word, and now we know what that is worth.

Who said that? They been wrong before. This time the Colts almost got  MacDaniels and he backed out BEFORE HE SIGNED the agreement. Until he resigns as pats coordinator which he had not he is STILL a Patriot Employee! And I stand by the statement YOUR team always cries foul when things go against them. 

WAS HE WRONG TO GO BACK ON HIS WORD? Yup. Does that mean the Colts should get anything for it? Nope. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

If the Colts had a verbal contract with Josh, they can go after Josh.....but Josh ain't got no draft picks.

If NE meddled at the last minute, then possibly.  But Josh is saying he returned with no promises made by NE.

I would bankrupt him and go after the Patriots if they offer to pay for him for conspiracy to commit fraud

10 minutes ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

No, it's not. He backed out, broke his word, sure, but fraud? No.

I warned you all about him, you refused to listen. We are better off without him.

1 minute ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

I would bankrupt him and go after the Patriots if they offer to pay for him for conspiracy to commit fraud

Lol.... Yep, that's just what they should do.

They have no recourse. Period. 

8 minutes ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

Hey I could be wrong but unless he had quit as Pats OC he could not have officially accepted the Colts agreement.  Was he a jerk for backing out? Yes. Did the Pats do anything to lose draft picks? No, they retained a current employee.  The Colts have no grounds against the Pats, he was an employee who they retained.. he was still under agreement with the Pats. That's what so many here are missing because they are so passionate they fail realize that he w had NOT quit yet and signed with the Colts. No fraud or anything else just a man getting cold feet.

now this all changes if in his revised agreement with NE he is heir apparent to BB. 

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

Who said that? They been wrong before. This time the Colts almost got  MacDaniels and he backed out BEFORE HE SIGNED the agreement. Until he resigns as pats coordinator which he had not he is STILL a Patriot Employee! And I stand by the statement YOUR team always cries foul when things go against them. 

WAS HE WRONG TO GO BACK ON HIS WORD? Yup. Does that mean the Colts should get anything for it? Nope. 

Depends on what the NFL rules are regarding this, I personally do not know what they are.  If it is they don't get anything fine, but the Colts organization would be completely right to "cry foul" in this situation.  Josh agreed to become the head coach and then backed out at the last second, that doesn't say a whole lot for him or the Patriots.

Just now, eseae said:

Lol.... Yep, that's just what they should do.

They have no recourse. Period. 

Sure they do... If they were under the i.pression based on multiple contacts verbally and possible writing about his desire to service as coach. Provided names for assistant coaches, we hire said coaches and now he backs out..it's fraud period and we should make him an example 

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

Depends on what the NFL rules are regarding this, I personally do not know what they are.  If it is they don't get anything fine, but the Colts organization would be completely right to "cry foul" in this situation.  Josh agreed to become the head coach and then backed out at the last second, that doesn't say a whole lot for him or the Patriots.

For him I agree. The Patriots? I disagree.. they retained a proven very very good OC. That's good business. 

1 minute ago, Bubba_Rebel said:

Sure they do... If they were under the i.pression based on multiple contacts verbally and possible writing about his desire to service as coach. Provided names for assistant coaches, we hire said coaches and now he backs out..it's fraud period and we should make him an example 

I will make any bet you want that the colts get absolutely nothing from the pats, because I know how the NFL rules work in this situation and you don't. Thus, it is a bet I cannot lose.