Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Confess.....

NewColtsFan

.....  Since we appear to have a shot at the 2nd overall pick,  there's 51 percent of me that won't be upset if we lose to Houston in the final game of the season.

I won't be rooting for a loss,   but I won't be upset if it happens.

That said....

There's also 49 percent of me that is hoping that the Colts beat the Texans, and when we do,  I'd love to see the team carry Pagano off the field on their shoulders.

I think that would be a nice way to say thanks, and goodbye.....

I'm not predicting that...    but I'd love to see it happen....

I suspect many here will disagree with me....    hey,  that's what makes the world go around....

One more week to go and a new world for Indianapolis will start....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rooting for the Giants to win this game now. If they do, then I will be actively rooting for the Texans next week. The #2 pick should be able to net a haul of picks that would be infinitely more useful than another week 17 win. But unless the Giants can pull a W out this week or next, it doesn't really matter

19 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I think pagano did the best he could, so why be mad at him.  I can be mad at a lazy person or a person with a bad attitude, but not a guy with a good attitude who did his best.  Thank him for his attempt and move on. 

Exactly. People act as if chuck literally wants the team to lose. He gave it his all. It wasn't enough. That's the way it goes in the nfl. The players certainly will be somewhat sad to see him go no doubt.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

.....  Since we appear to have a shot at the 2nd overall pick,  there's 51 percent of me that won't be upset if we lose to Houston in the final game of the season.

I won't be rooting for a loss,   but I won't be upset if it happens.

That said....

There's also 49 percent of me that is hoping that the Colts beat the Texans, and when we do,  I'd love to see the team carry Pagano off the field on their shoulders.

I think that would be a nice way to say thanks, and goodbye.....

I'm not predicting that...    but I'd love to see it happen....

I suspect many here will disagree with me....    hey,  that's what makes the world go around....

One more week to go and a new world for Indianapolis will start....

Yeah I feel the same way.  If they lose, heck they get a great pick.  If they win, heck they still get a great pick and Pagano and the Colts get a win to finish off a very frustrating season.  In the end one thing is certain it should make for a hell of an interesting off season.  

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all!

Well, the Giants are even worse than the Colts. Also, look at the Niners, who couldn't win a thing until Garappolo showed up. They throttled the Jags today. A good QB makes all the difference. Here's to the 3rd pick, which seems likely, a healthy Andrew Luck, and a new coaching staff. 2018, the year things turned around. :D Merry Christmas to all those who post on this forum. You all make being a Colts fan better. 

2 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

Don’t hold your breath banking on the Giants to beat the Cardinals. 

20 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

And they didn't.

Maybe next week against WSH at home.  The Giants carry Eli off on their shoulders.  Yeah, I can see it.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I can understand not wanting to give Chuck a hard time going out the door, but carrying him off the field to end a 4-12 season would be the most Participation Banner move possible.

That and it would be an embarrassment to the organization, and the fans....

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

No it wouldn't. A tribute to a coach that the team respects and cares about wouldn't be an embarrassment to anyone. 

You will never get me to agree with that.....   It would absolutely be an embarrassment especially to the fans that have wanted him gone for years.  Anyone that thinks that Pagano has done even an adequate job the last few years is an embarrassment to the rest of Colts fans.  For anyone that supports him especially when speaking to fans of other teams makes a laughing stock of this fan base if they actually believe that we as fans are supporting Pagano or Irsays decision to keep him....

Being carried off the field is a tribute to a winner.   Pagano is no where close to that!

If he actually had the best interests of the team in mind he would have bowed out long ago.  

23 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I've long thought Pagano was in over his head and I can't wait to see him shown the door as HC.

But I have no problem with the players celebrating Pagano however they choose.  His character and commitment have been something for all of us to be proud of. 

Proud of?????

The only reason that Chud and Monochino still have jobs right now is because Pags knows he's gone.  Otherwise he would do exactly what he has done in the past.  Throw blame on anyone close...  Pep, Manusky, Grigson.... and fire them.....Faces change but the situation remains the same.   

I am not proud of anything that has to do with this team over the last few years.  Except for a couple of individuals like Gore

Get him out of here so we can stop the embarrassment of this franchise or at least show that they realize who the real dead weight is.

Carry him off the field. :facepalm:   Give me a freakin break 

13 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

You will never get me to agree with that.....   It would absolutely be an embarrassment especially to the fans that have wanted him gone for years.  Anyone that thinks that Pagano has done even an adequate job the last few years is an embarrassment to the rest of Colts fans.  For anyone that supports him especially when speaking to fans of other teams makes a laughing stock of this fan base if they actually believe that we as fans are supporting Pagano or Irsays decision to keep him....

Being carried off the field is a tribute to a winner.   Pagano is no where close to that!

If he actually had the best interests of the team in mind he would have bowed out long ago.  

Yet there is no way the RAVENS fans were thinking Chuck's team was an embarrassment!
Or all of the teams that were behind at halftime this season. Who cares if you agree Dude?
 But carrying him off the field is a joke. If the stadium is yelling Chuck! Chuck! Chuck! i'll be stunned.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The giants will prolly win but then we will also win and screw ourselves out of the 2nd pick lol very chuck pagano thing to do 

lmao      Honestly, i just knew we would ____ ourselves and Chuck it by winning a couple the last few weeks of the season. God Bless Antonio, Vuj, Haeg, Kamar, Kenny, Darius for your lasting contributions. go colts 3-13

52 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yet there is no way the RAVENS fans were thinking Chuck's team was an embarrassment!
Or all of the teams that were behind at halftime this season. Who cares if you agree Dude?
 But carrying him off the field is a joke. If the stadium is yelling Chuck! Chuck! Chuck! i'll be stunned.

He wasn't carried off the field in Baltimore. If he was then it would be an embarrassment  

15 hours ago, Superman said:

No it wouldn't. A tribute to a coach that the team respects and cares about wouldn't be an embarrassment to anyone. 

I don't mind a ( a video tribute or something like that) tribute but carrying him off the field after a 4 win season doesn't sound like a good idea. It would be different if the Colts were a playoff team and they were carrying him off the field because he was retiring or something like that. JMO. Carrying a coach off the field after a 4 win season sounds like something the Browns would do. I wasn't really all that upset over the banner, but I think this would be a little over the top. Of course the players are free to do what they want so my opinion doesn't mean jack on this subject. 

14 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Proud of?????

The only reason that Chud and Monochino still have jobs right now is because Pags knows he's gone.  Otherwise he would do exactly what he has done in the past.  Throw blame on anyone close...  Pep, Manusky, Grigson.... and fire them.....Faces change but the situation remains the same.   

I am not proud of anything that has to do with this team over the last few years.  Except for a couple of individuals like Gore

Get him out of here so we can stop the embarrassment of this franchise or at least show that they realize who the real dead weight is.

Carry him off the field. :facepalm:   Give me a freakin break 

Not everything is about wins and losses. Don't be so shallow. 

He should be fired because he's not a good enough coach. That doesn't mean he can't be shown some love on the way by players who obviously respect him. 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Carrying him off the field isn't for the fans....     it's for the players...   I'm not expecting anything from the fans,  not after this season.    

But the players like Chuck even if the fans don't.   If they'd like to celebrate him I see nothing wrong with it.

I seriously doubt it would happpen anyway.    If the Colts win the players would probably just give Chuck the game ball......

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Carrying him off the field isn't for the fans....     it's for the players...   I'm not expecting anything from the fans,  not after this season.    

i doubt they will do that, we dont have the kind of leaders on the team that would imo 

maybe if luck was playing...

edit, i cant remember if i already posted this.  i was planning on it then got distracted