Good Victory

JColts72

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Bortles is coming on and plating better!

Surprised me too.  He made some really high-quality, NFL-caliber throws today. 

22 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

If they sign Kirk Cousins this off season we have some serious problems taking back the division. 

I have been fearing that exact scenario.  Really scary possibility.

And now the Texans have Watson when he gets back healthy, which will be sometime next season.  He completely transformed their offense and they have 2 dynamic receivers in Hopkins and Fuller. 

Today was only a good win because I made a bet with an eagles fan.

This team needs to be 100% built to support Luck, not built as if Luck will take care of everything on his own. 

Regardless of OG where we land in draft position, I hope we draft Guice. Him and Mack would be amazing.

Early last week, a LOT of prognosticators were picking Houston to emerge as the best of the AFC South.  Thus, isn’t it interesting that you take away their QB and all of a sudden they can’t beat our Colts?   In fact, the game should not have become as close at the end as it did.

When you look at this season, the Colts really should have won at least four of the games they ended up pooping away.  So really, instead of 3-6, a strong argument can be made that they should currently be sitting at 7-2. 

Just maybe the Colts aren’t as far away from again becoming contenders as we’ve all been depressingly thinking.  Just maybe next year, with a healthy Luck, new coaching staff, two key FA signings, and 3 to 4 key draft choice additions, the Colts just might quickly turn the corner as soon as next year. :)

2 hours ago, IinD said:

You get it..

Not like we need the top QB, Luck should in theory be back and any blue chip player will help the team out immensely.

We need picks. A higher pick will allow us to trade down for more picks. Had we not sucked enough for Luck we would have been the Browns for the last 5 seasons. I don’t want them to purposely tank plus the players aren’t going to. I’m just not upset if they lose right now. 

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

We need picks. A higher pick will allow us to trade down for more picks. Had we not sucked enough for Luck we would have been the Browns for the last 5 seasons. I don’t want them to purposely tank plus the players aren’t going to. I’m just not upset if they lose right now. 

nah, we beat the browns without luck

and a few other teams, and lost a couple of close ones too that we could have won

2 hours ago, IinD said:

You saw this game today..lol

They aren't facing Savage each week.

They're still picking high even with this win. 

We need a ton of guys, I'll take a top corner or tackle or whatnot. 

They will get to face him again though. At least TY showed up today against a really bad defense. 

Just now, aaron11 said:

nah, we beat the browns without luck

and a few other teams, and lost a couple of close ones too that we could have won

I wasn’t talking about beating the Browns this season. I was talking more about how bad the last 5 season’s would have been had we won our way out of Luck. 

23 minutes ago, MTC said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-indianapolis-colts-20-houston-texans-14

Jon Bostic has a 91.5 PFF grade. 

That's shocking.

Interesting.  I remember talking about how well he was playing with some fans watching the game.  They all agreed. I know ILB is one of our weaker position groups but he seems like he is playing better as the season goes along.  Maybe we just need to replace Morrison.  

8 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Early last week, a LOT of prognosticators we’re picking Houston to emerge as the best of the AFC South.  Thus, isn’t it interesting that you take away their QB and all of a sudden they can’t beat our Colts?   In fact, the game should not have become as close at the end as it did.

When you look at this season, the Colts really should have won at least four of the games they ended up pooping away.  So really, instead of 3-6, a strong argument can be made that they should currently be sitting at 7-2. 

Just maybe the Colts aren’t as far away from again becoming contenders as we’ve all been depressingly thinking.  Just maybe next year, with a healthy Luck, new coaching staff, two key FA signings, and 3 to 4 key draft choice additions, the Colts. Ishtar quickly turn the corner as soon as next year. :)

True.

23 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Early last week, a LOT of prognosticators we’re picking Houston to emerge as the best of the AFC South.  Thus, isn’t it interesting that you take away their QB and all of a sudden they can’t beat our Colts?   In fact, the game should not have become as close at the end as it did.

Just maybe the Colts aren’t as far away from again becoming contenders as we’ve all been depressingly thinking.  Just maybe next year, with a healthy Luck, new coaching staff, two key FA signings, and 3 to 4 key draft choice additions, the Colts. Ishtar quickly turn the corner as soon as next year. :)

While I agree with you and also was never in the group of we were so far off from contention if we win anymore games I will be severely concerned that Pagano and his inept inefficient offense is going to stay.  Too many people are taking it as a forgone conclusion that Pagano is gone and if he squeezes a playoff run with everything against him we are going to have a huge coaching problem for the next 5 years. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don't see the Colts finishing any better than 6-10. (Assuming they can beat the Ravens, Texans again (at home) and maybe the Titans.) That should still get them a pretty good draft slot.

The way the broncos playing we might beat them

let's go beat the Steelers and turn this around a bit for morale purposes.  This season is about our future QB and building things around luck for next year and the future of the Colts (Brissett), not about wins / losses because the playoffs are a pipe-dream.  We are heading right back to a middle-round to upper-round draft pick and that can only do so much good anyway.  Free agency, the draft, and our QBs guided by Ballard and our future coaching staff.  I'm sticking to 2019 as the year we have a chance to do some damage.  No sooner.  

Also, the players that will make the biggest difference next year will be the FA signings, not the draft class. Just like this year, Woods, Hankins, Simon, Sheard, Mingo, Bostic, etc,, have had a bigger impact than the draft class has had.

Losing, so they can pick 4th, is fools gold. 

Win or go home!

26 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

They will get to face him again though. At least TY showed up today against a really bad defense. 

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get benched before then.

We'll still pick high. Don't get caught up in if it's #3 or #9 pick. That's still high and can definitely be traded if we wanted to.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get benched before then.

We'll still pick high. Don't get caught up in if it's #3 or #9 pick. That's still high and can definitely be traded if we wanted to.

I would rather have the #3 over the #9. 

19 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

let's go beat the Steelers and turn this around a bit for morale purposes.  This season is about our future QB and building things around luck for next year and the future of the Colts (Brissett), not about wins / losses because the playoffs are a pipe-dream.  We are heading right back to a middle-round to upper-round draft pick and that can only do so much good anyway.  Free agency, the draft, and our QBs guided by Ballard and our future coaching staff.  I'm sticking to 2019 as the year we have a chance to do some damage.  No sooner.  

Would love to beat steelers but they have our number

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not if we go on 9 game win streak

I can assure you they won't. They'll start with another L next week.

Also, don't forget if Jacoby goes down. It's Tolz time. Automatic L's with him.

This didn't doom the draft like some are saying. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still picking 5th and we won at Houston, see best of both worlds lmao 

It really is tough to watch knowing you aren't going too make the playoffs and anything more than 5 wins probably takes you out of the top 6. I just pull for the Colts on every play and am not disappointed with losses. So if the glass is half full , it's kind of a win every week ?

Just now, dw49 said:

It really is tough to watch knowing you aren't going too make the playoffs and anything more than 5 wins probably takes you out of the top 6. I just pull for the Colts on every play and am not disappointed with losses. So if the glass is half full , it's kind of a win every week ?

I know, I want a high Draft pick but want to win too. I hate losing. The only time I didn't mind losing was in 2011 because we had Luck there, other than that I always want to win.

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I see the Jags having one of the best defenses in the entire NFL.  Think they're 5-3 now and are a Watson away at QB from being seriously difficult to beat.

I'm not alone in my thoughts.  Just about every coach, analyst, and personnel scout out there praises that Jags defense, particularly the pass rush and secondary. 

The statistics, both advanced and "traditional," back up that reality:

#3 in total defense, #1 in passing defense.

Next question?

Because if I gave a homeless man $1m, how long would he be a millionaire?

If I gave Warren Buffet $1m, different outcome?

Picking early alone doesn't guarantee success.  You have to pick competently.  How many picks have they wasted on QB, alone, in recent years?

Next question?

I didn't ask if they had a good defense. I asked do you see them going deep in the playoffs?

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Really, so could we have gotten luck with the 3rd pick, or the 14th pick?

We could've gotten Russell Wilson with those picks. 

He's a good QB

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. 

While the Manning worked out as the #1 pick there are many who don't always pan out at that spot either. 

Besides how would we get the #1 pick when the Browns and 49ers are still winless the Giants also have a worse record than we do. 

We're not really looking for a QB(as far as we know at the moment) so it doesn't need to be #1 we will at worst get a top 10 pick

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, I want a high Draft pick but want to win too. I hate losing. The only time I didn't mind losing was in 2011 because we had Luck there, other than that I always want to win.

In 2011 I felt the same

4 hours ago, zibby43 said:

On one hand: Congrats to the team for the win.  The guys in the locker room right now deserve it.

On the other: No one ruins the chance at a good, meaningful draft like the Indianapolis Colts.  This is the recipe for staying in that perpetual 8-8 or 7-9 range.  I don't know about anybody else, but I'm willing to sacrifice some short-term pain for long-term gain.

Tried to be as balanced as possible there.

I totally agree!!!!! I've been saying that even before the season. 

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Colts are not a 7 and 2 squad. Best case 2 more wlns vs cinny and arizona.

A lot of you want the Colts to trade Brissett and get some assets for him, right?

Well who the heck would want to trade for a QB that went 2-14? Regardless of stats (which obviously wouldn't look good if he went 2-14). 

I'd love a great pick, but a win is a win and I'll enjoy it. 

Tom Savage sucks.....but the rest of Houston doesn't. They have a better team than us, Colts still won on the road. Nice win.