Vontae Davis Out Sunday

PrincetonTiger

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, what the heck are we going to do with DeAndre Hopkins then? 

I guess a Belichick like approach, Melvin and Butler rotated to him, with a lot of jamming at the line of scrimmage. Savage won't get out of the pocket, so you can blitz him more.

Fuller needs a QB with an arm worth something, can be streaky but not as consistent a home run hitter like with Watson, so he can be handled with Quincy Wilson or Hairston, IMO, as long as you have to play D only within the first 10-15 yards of guarding him.

Once you give too much time to any QB without any pass rush, it would be harder to keep up with Hopkins and Fuller as the field gets extended.

Just now, chad72 said:

I guess a Belichick like approach, Melvin and Butler rotated to him, with a lot of jamming at the line of scrimmage. Savage won't get out of the pocket, so you can blitz him more.

Fuller needs a QB with an arm worth something, can be streaky but not as consistent a home run hitter like with Watson, so he can be handled with Quincy Wilson or Hairston, IMO, as long as you have to play D only within the first 10-15 yards of guarding him.

Once you give too much time to any QB without any pass rush, it would be harder to keep up with Hopkins and Fuller as the field gets extended.

Savage will take care of the WRs

Just now, chad72 said:

Fuller needs a QB with an arm worth something, can be streaky but not as consistent a home run hitter like with Watson, so he can be handled with Quincy Wilson or Hairston, IMO, as long as you have to play D only within the first 10-15 yards of guarding him. Once you give too much time to any QB without any pass rush, it would be harder to keep up with Hopkins and Fuller as the field gets extended.

We will not be Doing any of that we will play Zone and Hopkins will take the catch and run..fuller will run deep and catch 3 75yd tds..jacoby will get sacked 7 times  and Chuds gonna have us run up the middle first and second down every drive 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Everything Will Be Okay

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The QB will be Tom Savage 

If he was a great QB the team would have never drafted Watson

Never said he was great he's forceful to Hopkins always has been he feeds him the ball nonstop and with the way we play 10 yards off he will have a good day..I mean look at what bortles did vs our zone 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The QB will be Tom Savage 

If he was a great QB the team would have never drafted Watson

Yeah, Tom Savage's agent was up in arms after his benching in game 1. I am sure both his agent and Savage are nervous, now that they know Watson can do. That is why Savage made the pre-emptive statement "no one can replace Watson" which meant, IMO, "I am no DeShaun Watson and don't expect anything close to his production from me". :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Tom Savage's agent was up in arms after his benching in game 1. I am sure both his agent and Savage are nervous, now that they know Watson can do. That is why Savage made the pre-emptive statement "no one can replace Watson" which meant, IMO, "I am no DeShaun Watson and don't expect anything close to his production from me". :) 

The same thing happened to Mike Glennon in Chicago

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No I am saying that as someone who watches games as an Offensive Coach

But do you understand my point that he forces the ball to Hopkins...? If we're playing that same 10 yard off coverage Zone on Hopkins don't you think they'll severely take advantage of it?

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everything Will Be Okay

I appreciate this every time I see it.

Ultimately, everything will be ok. We can’t expect to win a SB every year. As hard as this year has been, we can see progress, if we look for it. If all we get this year is depth and experience well, okay. 

I’m hoping for a long term optimistic outlook to emerge as the pieces come together.

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Quincy Wilson has already been ruled out for Sunday.

28 minutes ago, will426 said:

Never said he was great he's forceful to Hopkins always has been he feeds him the ball nonstop and with the way we play 10 yards off he will have a good day..I mean look at what bortles did vs our zone 

Yup. We make bad QBs look good all the time.