Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis Out Sunday

PrincetonTiger

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There was a simple mistake.    That's all.  An oversight.

And someone jumped to the ridiculous conclusion that Davis might be holding out,  upset because he wasn't traded.

A terrible guess if there ever was one.

There were plenty of reasonable guesses and the poster chose something ridiculous.

Lets not turn a small thing into some crazy conspiracy theory. 

Thats fine.  It is just that the Colts FO has made it easy to speculate this year.  For the most part that is all I was getting at

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We might have to trade Vontae. i really liked him in Indy, he had a spectacular year in 2014 I believe. He was a good player with us, although he was injured a quite a few (and absolutely torched by AB smh). 

If we don't allow the receivers to catch and run to the house, I could see us still winning the game. I could also see us getting blown out because of dumb calls, blown plays and general incompetence from the sidelines.

11 minutes ago, colt18 said:

We might have to trade Vontae. i really liked him in Indy, he had a spectacular year in 2014 I believe. He was a good player with us, although he was injured a quite a few (and absolutely torched by AB smh). 

If we don't allow the receivers to catch and run to the house, I could see us still winning the game. I could also see us getting blown out because of dumb calls, blown plays and general incompetence from the sidelines.

Hes a free agent. The Colts will probably just let him go.

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hes a free agent. The Colts will probably just let him go.

I would after this episode. Players should do everything they can to be available on Sundays. It seems like today many players have excuses or lingering or even fake injuries not to play or practice. If Davis has a nagging groin he should play. I'm sure a lot of lower paid players play hurt as one can't be close to 100% by this time of the year.

35 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I would after this episode. Players should do everything they can to be available on Sundays. It seems like today many players have excuses or lingering or even fake injuries not to play or practice. If Davis has a nagging groin he should play. I'm sure a lot of lower paid players play hurt as one can't be close to 100% by this time of the year.

I take it you have never dealt with a groin injury. If so you wouldn't be so quick to say Davis needs to play.

How could the front office inform the press it was not injury related, but rather a coaches decision...

And now we find out it is injury related.  And the reason Davis didn't make the trip is his groin flared up.

Either Davis is hurt or he isn't.

The further along into this season it goes, Ballard keeps looking more and more incompetent

14 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

How could the front office inform the press it was not injury related, but rather a coaches decision...

And now we find out it is injury related.  And the reason Davis didn't make the trip is his groin flared up.

Either Davis is hurt or he isn't.

The further along into this season it goes, Ballard keeps looking more and more incompetent

They didn't say it was a coaches decision. They said it was non injury related...

This is a small issue

18 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Mike Florio has never said anything good about the Colts. Are you surprised he has a negative theory about the Colts. I'll believe Pagano's take on this.

Florio is a Patriots fan and it is easy to see.  He writes pieces that are clearly one sided and has a lot of fan speak in them as well.  He has built a good career, but his fan base is also that same corner of New England that he consistently strokes with his fluff pieces.