Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Mystery is over.... Andrew Luck Out for Season

ColtsBlitz

2 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Nothing but lies that were told....irsay only cared about having good ticket sales this season because if they would've said this from the beginning he would've taken a loss in sales it was stupid how they carried it in the first place

I don't think they were lying. They probably really thought he would be back this year before a setback or two happened.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Corndog said:

The way the line has been playing, I would put Tolzien in there if a game completely gets away from the Colts.  Brissett starts, and Tolzien can be the human punching bag if needed.

FYI, I had my wife get me a box of Johnsonville Corndogs a few weeks ago.  I think there are 8 in a box.  They were gone after two lunches, lol.

These are my favorite (cheaper too):

e66f92aa-305c-44bf-822e-281dfc4fa7ef_1.2

All because of you  :thanks:     :excited: 

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Pat Kirwin saying all Colts fans should be relieved.  Also says, assuming he can come back right for next year, Andrew has to take a good long look and study of how Peyton Manning played.  Simply put, that regardless of how talented Andrew is physically, he has to start thinking like Peyton and adjust his game to getting rid of the ball and quit putting himself in harms way.

I agree.  Only put yourself at risk in totally critical situations.

On Moving The Chains they also say the Colts are expected to announce the signing veteran signal-caller Josh Johnson.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Johnson_(quarterback)

He is right, but Luck needs an OC like Tom Moore mostly for that to happen.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't think they were lying. They probably really thought he would be back this year before a setback or two happened.

They didn't.  (Lie)

Chaps my butt when I hear that.  He had setbacks period.  Since the time left in the season did not allow for the protocol of the rehab process they put him on IR.  Why wouldn't they.  No one knew prior to last week that he would not play this year.

I mentioned in another post too that by putting him on IR it also takes some pressure off of Andrew which should help him with his mental hurdles somewhat, if there even are any.

There is no conspiracy there was no lying.  Everyone involved including Jim Irsay wanted Luck on the field, but they wanted him on the field when he was fully healthy and not before.  I am sure Jim was told AL could possibly play by the start of season or thereabout and he simply passed that information along knowing the fans would like to hear something positive.   Then as it is with any rehab process something went wrong and they had to pull the plug.

Had they just came out and told us he had a setback right before season, and was a little more transparent, then none of this nonsense would be floating around.  

That is the only thing they did wrong as far as I am concerned.  The rest of these thoughts relative to ticket sales and conspiracy are hogwash speculation, which we will always have.

I breezed through my cardiac rehab phase I, but phase two prove to be difficult and I had several as in more than a dozen setbacks.  It was frustrating.  Frustrating to the point I wanted to quit.  Even though I am about to turn 50 and have a reasonably solid physique and still pretty strong, my chest just was not healing right.  It happens.  The sternum is nowhere near as complicated as a shoulder....

Cmon Man

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Irsay will make it happen. A lot of true fans will still go as well. Until I see a black out I am convinced we will sell out. We sold out every game in 2011.

Peyton never went on IR all year. Therefore people still had some hope. I don't remember this many fans being tired of the HC either, like you see so many are this year. I watched every game in 2011, but not so this year. 

All in all,  2011 was a better year thus far. 

So when a player misses a year with an ACL tear, do we all assume their career is over? 

Is it ideal that it is his throwing shoulder? No. Doesn't mean it is career ending, we all saw him throw long passes and they shut him down for soreness, not cause he couldn't do them.

He now has more time to figure out the soreness and not have the pressure of trying to come back to help the team.

Good move and i am confident we'll see him next year, hopefully with a stronger O-Line so he doesn't get destroyed again!

They are just looking at the situation and deciding not to risk it given the way the team has played. It makes all the sense in the world to do this. We still need some work. I actually think Ballard did some really good things in the offseason and put us on the right track. But Rome wasnt built in a day. We are much more stout up front on defense. We have some young talent in the secondary. 

We just have been decimated by injuries. I think they need to look into the playing surface and practice field and try to figure out why we have so many injuries.

28 minutes ago, kornstar said:

So when a player misses a year with an ACL tear, do we all assume their career is over? 

People were making the same assumptions about Hookers career likely being over due to a torn ACL, so yah it happens unfortunately. I dont agree with either statement, but its not like its anything out of the ordinary with the way the forum has been this season. Been a lot doom and gloom, sky is falling, fire every player/coach/mascot/ballboy kind of nonsense this year. Some of it is warranted, but a lot has been blown way out of proportion. 

6 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

People were making the same assumptions about Hookers career likely being over due to a torn ACL, so yah it happens unfortunately. I dont agree with either statement, but its not like its anything out of the ordinary with the way the forum has been this season. Been a lot doom and gloom, sky is falling, fire every player/coach/mascot/ballboy kind of nonsense this year. Some of it is warranted, but a lot has been blown way out of proportion. 

we dont know that luck is coming back though

its easy to say its just negative talk and unwarranted until its true.  

most people thought luck would play this year as well, and it was crazy to say other wise until a week or two ago 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

im officially worried about luck and his career now

he really may not come back, or be able to play 16 game seasons again

I really hope you're wrong, and I'm sure you're thinking the same thing too.

But I have a bad feeling about all of this... 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Peyton never went on IR all year. Therefore people still had some hope. I don't remember this many fans being tired of the HC either, like you see so many are this year. I watched every game in 2011, but not so this year. 

I still love Football but this whole season in general has been one of the worst to watch. I am normally glued to it. I still watch here and there but not as much. Bills play Jets tonight and I may watch about 10 minutes of it just to see who is winning.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

I mentioned in another post too that by putting him on IR it also takes some pressure off of Andrew which should help him with his mental hurdles somewhat, if there even are any.

I've said the same as well. He doesn't have to worry about needing to get better asap. He can now take his time with the process and make sure he's good to go for next season.

54 minutes ago, kornstar said:

Is it ideal that it is his throwing shoulder? No. Doesn't mean it is career ending, we all saw him throw long passes and they shut him down for soreness, not cause he couldn't do them.

An ACL isn't as daunting as it used to be since the procedures have gotten way better, but the mental side of things is usually where the biggest setbacks lie. It's hard not to worry about it happening again.

Not only was Luck throwing, but according to players, coaches, and spectators, Luck was shredding our defense with the rest of the scout team offense (not saying much for our defense, but still). It's evident that the ability is still there, so I'm not too worried about him either.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still love Football but this whole season in general has been one of the worst to watch. I am normally glued to it. I still watch here and there but not as much. Bills play Jets tonight and I may watch about 10 minutes of it just to see who is winning.

One of the reasons I’m not as invested this year is because of all the kneeling crap. It’s disrespecting the flag and I can’t stand it. And I can’t stand Roger Goodell either

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

They didn't.  (Lie)

Chaps my butt when I hear that.  He had setbacks period.  Since the time left in the season did not allow for the protocol of the rehab process they put him on IR.  Why wouldn't they.  No one knew prior to last week that he would not play this year.

There is no conspiracy there was no lying.  Everyone involved including Jim Irsay wanted Luck on the field, but they wanted him on the field when he was fully healthy and not before.  I am sure Jim was told AL could possibly play by the start of season or thereabout and he simply passed that information along knowing the fans would like to hear something positive.   Then as it is with any rehab process something went wrong and they had to pull the plug.

Had they just came out and told us he had a setback right before season, and was a little more transparent, then none of this nonsense would be floating around.  

That is the only thing they did wrong as far as I am concerned.  The rest of these thoughts relative to ticket sales and conspiracy are hogwash speculation, which we will always have.

I breezed through my cardiac rehab phase I, but phase two prove to be difficult and I had several as in more than a dozen setbacks.  It was frustrating.  Frustrating to the point I wanted to quit.  Even though I am about to turn 50 and have a reasonably solid physique and still pretty strong, my chest just was not healing right.  It happens.  The sternum is nowhere near as complicated as a shoulder....

Cmon Man

If Luck had a setback that pushed his possible return back, then Irsay did in fact lie when he stated late August/early september that there had never been a setback.  He even went as far as to say they were not going to rule Luck out for the season opener just 10 days before the season started. You are right, Cmon man.   Irsay was misleading his fan base at best.  He is a businessman, to think that none of this was done in the interest of his business is a little naive imo. You are correct, had Irsay been truthful and said there was a setback, none of this talk is happening right now.  Instead, he lied, so it is.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

One of the reasons I’m not as invested this year is because of all the kneeling crap. It’s disrespecting the flag and I can’t stand it. And I can’t stand Roger Goodell either

I agree on both accounts but it's also the injuries to Star players like Rodgers and Luck and now the Watson news stinks. The whole Zeke situation is bad as well.

Just now, aaron11 said:

we dont know that luck is coming back though

its easy to say its just negative talk and unwarranted until its true.  

most people thought luck would play this year as well, and it was crazy to say other wise until a week or two ago 

I tend to go with facts, not uninformed opinion. Opinions may come true from time to time, but that doesnt mean they are to be taken seriously. 

Lots of people said Peyton would never take a snap after the 2011 season. Howd that turn out?? 

Im not saying that Luck is for sure coming back, nor can I say he wont. Im willing to say that I dont have the information to make an informed decision and im willing to wait to see what happens. In the meantime I remain cautiously optimistic about his return, simply because id rather be hopeful vs angry/depressed/panicked like a lot of these posts that have been popping up.  

Why dont we at least give it til training camp before we declare Lucks/Hookers career over? 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree on both accounts but it's also the injuries to Star players like Rodgers and Luck and now the Watson news stinks. The whole Zeke situation is bad as well.

I feel so bad for Watson. That guy is so much fun to watch. And now, that devastating ACL injury. Worst injury a player can have

Just now, SaturdayAllDay said:

I tend to go with facts, not uninformed opinion. Opinions may come true from time to time, but that doesnt mean they are to be taken seriously. 

Lots of people said Peyton would never take a snap after the 2011 season. Howd that turn out?? 

Im not saying that Luck is for sure coming back, nor can I say he wont. Im willing to say that I dont have the information to make an informed decision and im willing to wait to see what happens. In the meantime I remain cautiously optimistic about his return, simply because id rather be hopeful vs angry/depressed/panicked like a lot of these posts that have been popping up.  

Why dont we at least give it til training camp before we declare Lucks/Hookers career over? 

hooker will be back, lets just hope he can stay healthy in the league

i am more than a little worried about luck at this point. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Normally when a player suffers one of those they are never the same, once RG3 injured his leg he was done. Teddy Bridgewater hasn't even played since his injury either.

Bridgewater was a much more serious injury. There was early talk he might lose his leg, similar to what just happened with the Bears TE Miller. 

As such, his recovery has been an uphill battle. I think that kind of injury is the exception, not the rule. 

RG3 was a case where the injury took away some of his speed, and forced him to be a better passer vs a running threat. I think Watson has shown more in the pocket as a rookie than RG3 did in his whole career. Even if he loses a step, it wont effect him near as much and I still see him having success as a QB. 

I hope he comes back just slightly slower. That way the extra half a second is the difference between pressures and sacks for our Defense, but hes still good enough that the Texans fans dont have an excuse when we beat them. 

Have to admit I'm surprised they actually put him on IR they didn't even do that with Manning. 

That being said its the right move and now we can move on.

Jimbo should probably have hush publically about Luck returning if they weren't sure. 

That was my biggest issue with how this was handled. 

He lied for ticket sales anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. As for whether its career ending I'm not taking Irsay's word about this at face value either.

The thing that freaks me out is how I've read a few articles on how he had the same injury as Brees did and how 'shocked' they are at how good he's looked since.

If Luck's injury is in that category, I can't lie I'm very cautiously optimistic.

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Although Manning didn't go on IR, once our record got to 0-8 everyone knew the season was over and people still continued to go games. Most people even knew he wasn't coming back at that point. I didn't think so once it got to 0-8.

11 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Have to admit I'm surprised they actually put him on IR they didn't even do that with Manning. 

That being said its the right move and now we can move on.

Jimbo should probably have hush publically about Luck returning if they weren't sure. 

That was my biggest issue with how this was handled. 

He lied for ticket sales anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. As for whether its career ending I'm not taking Irsay's word about this at face value either.

Your hate for Irsay blows me away.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Although Manning didn't go on IR, once our record got to 0-8 everyone knew the season was over and people still continued to go games. Most people even knew he wasn't coming back at that point. I didn't think so once it got to 0-8.

Honestly if I lived near Indy I'd go to the rest of the games simply because they're going to be more affordable, or dirt cheap.

55 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

If Luck had a setback that pushed his possible return back, then Irsay did in fact lie when he stated late August/early september that there had never been a setback.  He even went as far as to say they were not going to rule Luck out for the season opener just 10 days before the season started. You are right, Cmon man.   Irsay was misleading his fan base at best.  He is a businessman, to think that none of this was done in the interest of his business is a little naive imo. You are correct, had Irsay been truthful and said there was a setback, none of this talk is happening right now.  Instead, he lied, so it is.

Yeah and I get that part of it, but the whole conspiracy is crap no matter how you (not you personally just people generally) want to say otherwise.

Ok, so if you want to call it a lie call it a lie.  I understand that line of thinking, but it doesn't bother me at all.  Not sure why it would bother anyone.  We can all make up our own minds on if we want to "risk" buying a ticket or not.  It was pretty obvious to me that he wasn't playing the opener.... that was laughable.  

I went to the Jax game and had a blast.... guess who wasn't playing....

Why would they go to the trouble of PUP if they thought he wasn't coming back?  They did not know, which is my argument, not the lying.... they did not know one way or another.  He could of been on schedule then one lone throw stressed a sensitive part and inflammation happened and then the soreness that wouldn't go away.  That is what kept happening to me so I get it.

That is all I was really trying to say.  And yes, the transparency part would stop all this.  Tell us at least most of what you do know kind of thing.

5 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

NO!!

Lets argue about it    :lol:

I would rather just get on here and bash Irsay and say he is a rotten owner and a liar with every Post I make, that is much more fun :lol:.  2nd most wins as a franchise since 2000 + a SB win and he made sure Polian wasn't going to Draft Leaf over Peyton. He also made sure we were taking Luck, yeah he sucks! :sarcasm:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather just get on here and bash Irsay and say he is rotten owner and a liar with every Post I make, that is much more fun :lol:.  2nd most wins as a franchise since 2000 + a SB win and he made sure Polian wasn't going to Draft Leaf over Peyton. He also made sure we were taking Luck, yeah he sucks! :sarcasm:

I tried to give you two likes, but it wouldn't let me....

This org is a pretty well run one regardless of Jim's occasional quirkiness.  I actually like that he doesn't allow his "fame" to get in the way of who he is.  He cares, he does care about us and yes he wants to sell tickets, but he cares what we think of his org.

We have had it pretty well up until now so some of us get bent out of shape when we don't win and things look bleak.  

We'll be back.. sooner than later I am guessing.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

I tried to give you two likes, but it wouldn't let me....

This org is a pretty well run one regardless of Jim's occasional quirkiness.  I actually like that he doesn't allow his "fame" to get in the way of who he is.  He cares, he does care about us and yes he wants to sell tickets, but he cares what we think of his org.

We have had it pretty well up until now so some of us get bent out of shape when we don't win and things look bleak.  

We'll be back.. sooner than later I am guessing.

We have been spoiled for 20 years and now that we have a couple of mediocre seasons and 1 bad one, Irsay sucks lmao. We will be Good next year if Luck comes back 100% + a new Coach and another Draft.