The Mystery is over.... Andrew Luck Out for Season

ColtsBlitz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

It's officially over for Luck in 2017. 

One of the smartest moves this team has made this season. 

Yeah,  just doesn't make sense to put him out there this year with all of the struggles that the O-Line has had. Hopefully he gets a full recovery and we can hopefully fix most of the front line issues in the Off Season. If not,  next season will be just like 2015 with him getting beaten up and hurt.

Ballard sounds optimistic, says nobody has said anything about career ending. Not sure how that can't be considered at this point however. He still isn't healed and the doctors reportedly couldn't agree on what exactly was wrong. Have to wonder if he will ever come back or ever play at a high level at this point. Schefter on ESPN saying there was chatter all over the NFL all summer long that something wasn't going right with Luck's recovery. He mentioned "setbacks".  Irsay never mentioned any of that but he had tickets to sell.

Yes, unfortunate development but not unexpected given this late date and no ability to practice in sight. In another aspect, this raises more questions while answering others.  So while Luck wont be in the limelight, that doesn’t mean there won’t be important news concerning his health over these next few months.

There’s no guarantee he’ll be better by training camp, (though I hope he is) and the team needs to have a good grasp of where he’ll be at that point to plan for FA / Draft accordingly.  I feel sad for the guy, and hope he can find the problem(s) and clear the hurdle ahead of him. (I suspect follow up MRI’s aren’t conclusive enough and arthroscopic intervention may be needed).

Traveling next few hours but I have thoughts on this I’ll share if not already covered when I get back online...

Mike Francesca Wfan 660 NY( who still feels talent-wise Andrew will be #1 QB in NFL) and has been predicting (Andrew being # 1 QB in NFL ) since Andrew's  last year in college is very concerned about Andrews health . Francesca feels Colts Must leave NO STONE UNTURNED to find out EVERYTHING THEY CAN about his shoulder. He stated NFL is really taking a hit now with Rodgers and Andrew being out.....A..........REAL..........BIG.........HIT....Francesca really LOVES ANDREW !!!!!!!!!!!.....AND at right around 1:40 pm NY time he pretty much guaranteed Pagano is gone....And repeated it !!!!!!!!!.......GET HEALTHY ANDREW......GO COLTS 4 EVER !!!!!!!!!!!

It is a good day for him all things considered. I am so glad he will have 12 + months to get himself
back in NFL shape.
 And i will keep watching all these new Colts improve and learn how to play together.
 Seeing Henry back to opening a can of ___ __ on them was fun last game.
 More of that, Mack, maybe Geathers coming back, and Good. Rooting for Basham to come along!

go colts

:applause:

1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

How about Notre Dame's OL?

Haven’t done much in the way of scouting since the amount of CFB games we get over here is extremely limited. From what I’ve heard it’s him and Connor Williams from Texas that are the top OTs right now.

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

There's a distinct possibility that we will be looking for a new QB with that pick.  

DId you see him toss the ball 40 yards. His arm is in fact still attached. It being sore, doesn't mean it will be in even a few weeks let alone a year from now.

I'm not going down the "he's finished" rabbit hole, until there's a better reason to- even if it's for my own sanity (which isn't the case)

Just now, Old Colt said:

Those who believed Irsay, Ballard and Pagano ....

I believed them up until they signed Brissett.  Once they signed him I knew that something was up.  Another thing that gave me pause was how were selling the 49ers and Steelers games in a package with another less popular game.  That told me that they knew they were going to have an issue selling tickets.  

4 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Those who believed Irsay, Ballard and Pagano ....

I still don't think they lied.  I think something has happened that has inflamed his rehab. They don't trot Luck out to practice last month without thinking he would be able to play sometime this season.  

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

DId you see him toss the ball 40 yards. His arm is in fact still attached. It being sore, doesn't mean it will be in even a few weeks let alone a year from now.

I'm not going down the "he's finished" rabbit hole, until there's a better reason to- even if it's for my own sanity (which isn't the case)

Tossing the ball means nothing unless you're playing backyard football with your kids.  We never saw him put any force into his throws and we never saw him throw several routes.  I don't believe this organization one bit.  They said he had not had ANY setbacks and weren't even calling the arm soreness a setback.  It's been reported that he has in fact had multiple setbacks.  With him seeking opinions from other doctors tells me that something is not normal about the surgery and his recovery.  I'm hopeful that he'll be back as strong as ever.  We won't know for sure until the draft.