Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Mystery is over.... Andrew Luck Out for Season

ColtsBlitz

3 hours ago, BR-549 said:

They didn't.  (Lie)

Chaps my butt when I hear that.  He had setbacks period.  Since the time left in the season did not allow for the protocol of the rehab process they put him on IR.  Why wouldn't they.  No one knew prior to last week that he would not play this year.

I mentioned in another post too that by putting him on IR it also takes some pressure off of Andrew which should help him with his mental hurdles somewhat, if there even are any.

There is no conspiracy there was no lying.  Everyone involved including Jim Irsay wanted Luck on the field, but they wanted him on the field when he was fully healthy and not before.  I am sure Jim was told AL could possibly play by the start of season or thereabout and he simply passed that information along knowing the fans would like to hear something positive.   Then as it is with any rehab process something went wrong and they had to pull the plug.

Had they just came out and told us he had a setback right before season, and was a little more transparent, then none of this nonsense would be floating around.  

That is the only thing they did wrong as far as I am concerned.  The rest of these thoughts relative to ticket sales and conspiracy are hogwash speculation, which we will always have.

I breezed through my cardiac rehab phase I, but phase two prove to be difficult and I had several as in more than a dozen setbacks.  It was frustrating.  Frustrating to the point I wanted to quit.  Even though I am about to turn 50 and have a reasonably solid physique and still pretty strong, my chest just was not healing right.  It happens.  The sternum is nowhere near as complicated as a shoulder....

Cmon Man

First of all, I am happy to hear that you are healthy. 

As as far as this thread, every time I read the title, it looks like it reads, “The Misery is Over”. Which feels pretty damn good right now. Whether they lied to us or not, at least they finally let us off the hook. They showed some compassion in doing that. 

This season has been a train wreck. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have been spoiled for 20 years and now that we have a couple of mediocre seasons and 1 bad one, Irsay sucks lmao. We will be Good next year if Luck comes back 100% + a new Coach and another Draft.

I agree.

It is actually exciting thinking about the upcoming offseason now.  Who we let go, who we sign in FA, who we draft.... looking forward to it.

OH... and a 100% Andrew Luck

3 hours ago, BR-549 said:

They didn't.  (Lie)

Chaps my butt when I hear that.  He had setbacks period.  Since the time left in the season did not allow for the protocol of the rehab process they put him on IR.  Why wouldn't they.  No one knew prior to last week that he would not play this year.

I mentioned in another post too that by putting him on IR it also takes some pressure off of Andrew which should help him with his mental hurdles somewhat, if there even are any.

There is no conspiracy there was no lying.  Everyone involved including Jim Irsay wanted Luck on the field, but they wanted him on the field when he was fully healthy and not before.  I am sure Jim was told AL could possibly play by the start of season or thereabout and he simply passed that information along knowing the fans would like to hear something positive.   Then as it is with any rehab process something went wrong and they had to pull the plug.

Had they just came out and told us he had a setback right before season, and was a little more transparent, then none of this nonsense would be floating around.  

That is the only thing they did wrong as far as I am concerned.  The rest of these thoughts relative to ticket sales and conspiracy are hogwash speculation, which we will always have.

I breezed through my cardiac rehab phase I, but phase two prove to be difficult and I had several as in more than a dozen setbacks.  It was frustrating.  Frustrating to the point I wanted to quit.  Even though I am about to turn 50 and have a reasonably solid physique and still pretty strong, my chest just was not healing right.  It happens.  The sternum is nowhere near as complicated as a shoulder....

Cmon Man

I missed this Post earlier, Great Post.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

First of all, I am happy to hear that you are healthy. 

As as far as this thread, every time I read the title, it looks like it reads, “The Misery is Over”. Which feels pretty damn good right now. Whether they lied to us or not, at least they finally let us off the hook. They showed some compassion in doing that. 

This season has been a train wreck. 

Why thank you.  I appreciate that.

I agree, no more "when is Luck coming back" questions.  Now we can just watch our young defense continue to improve. I do believe there are some really good pieces in place. 

For me, the train wreck is tolerable if we finish the season without additional season ending injuries to any of the players likely to stay with the team.  That would be blessed at this point...

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

I still don't think they lied.  I think something has happened that has inflamed his rehab. They don't trot Luck out to practice last month without thinking he would be able to play sometime this season.  

That seemed to be the desired result...  but...

9 hours ago, indy1888 said:

Could be interesting. Reports are that Luck has been told to stop throwing for several months. Colts will have to hope the rest magically cures him and he comes out slinging it just fine or else they are going to be forced to look at all options at the position.

I doubt he rests on his couch eating bon-bons.  I also feel that if the soreness doesn't subside soon, he will have the shoulder scoped to see what's going on by visual inspection.

9 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I'm interested to see what the heck is going on with his shoulder.  It could just be simple soreness or could the surgery have been botched?  Nerve damage perhaps?  

I have no #*@(((( clue. . . . . .  It will be nice to hear his soreness going away and him throwing fine. 

Not going to believe the surgery was 'botched'.  The Colts have to know what the prognosis is for Luck going into 2018, and not well into 2018 either, but relatively soon.  If progress isn't made via rehab soon, an possible arthroscope seems to loom in the future for Andrew.

8 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Someone needs to get James Andrews on the line.  Drew Brees Labrium was entirely torn and he had rotator cuff damage and he didn't miss a single game after James Andrews did the surgery.

Quite frankly I'm wondering why with this sort of surgery they didn't have Luck getting it from the best in the business.  

From my understanding, Dr. Andews has already been consulted/seen by Luck.  In addition, there are many top Ortho surgeons.  Jim Miller, ex QB sufferred a separated shouilder and tried to play with it (like Luck). He developed a 'loose shoulder' and It took him multiple surgeries to finally pronounce it 'feeling right' (NOT saying Luck will too, just relaying a story) .  But by then, his hip blew out and he has never tested it throwing footballs in the NFL. The last surgery he had was done by one of the Minnesota Twins Ortho (team) docs back then... not Dr. Andrews.  And he is 'right' and pain free as of today. I'd wager many baseball teams have truly excellent Ortho surgeons/team physicians on staff.

Besides, it's Luck's call on who and when surgery is performed on him. In addition, I haven't' seen or heard of enough evidence that Luck won't overcome this at this time.

11 hours ago, indy1888 said:

Basically. I don't think Andrew was misleading.  I have no doubt Jim Irsay was however.  

Oh, I see how that works. You are so possessed with trying to blame someone but you just hand pick who it is?

In reality none of us knows what goes on behind closed doors. For you to say you have no doubt is wrong. There is doubt because you are not privy to private information.

6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That seemed to be the desired result...  but...

I doubt he rests on his couch eating bon-bons.  I also feel that if the soreness doesn't subside soon, he will have the shoulder scoped to see what's going on by visual inspection.

Not going to believe the surgery was 'botched'.  The Colts have to know what the prognosis is for Luck going into 2018, and not well into 2018 either, but relatively soon.  If progress isn't made via rehab soon, an possible arthroscope seems to loom in the future for Andrew.

From my understanding, Dr. Andews has already been consulted/seen by Luck.  In addition, there are many top Ortho surgeons.  Jim Miller, ex QB sufferred a separated shouilder and tried to play with it (like Luck). He developed a 'loose shoulder' and It took him multiple surgeries to finally pronounce it 'feeling right' (NOT saying Luck will too, just relaying a story) .  But by then, his hip blew out and he has never tested it throwing footballs in the NFL. The last surgery he had was done by one of the Minnesota Twins Ortho (team) docs back then... not Dr. Andrews.  And he is 'right' and pain free as of today. I'd wager many baseball teams have truly excellent Ortho surgeons/team physicians on staff.

Besides, it's Luck's call on who and when surgery is performed on him. In addition, I haven't' seen or heard of enough evidence that Luck won't overcome this at this time.

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-the-colts-get-bad-news-on-luck-but-in-the-long-term-its-not-quite-as-awful-as-you

14 hours ago, IinD said:

Honestly if I lived near Indy I'd go to the rest of the games simply because they're going to be more affordable, or dirt cheap.

They have been very cheap since early last season. I have been buying them on Stubhub for years...and they have never been cheaper than the last two seasons (this season being even less).

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

I find him incompetent yet like the team despite him *shrugs*

I know how Cowboys fans feel now.

I go by wins and losses and for an incompetent Owner he ranks 2nd behind Kraft in wins since this Century started = 2000 + we have won a SB. You do realize the main reason why we are losing right now is we don't have Andrew. Cant lose a guy like that and expect success. GB without Rodgers wont do anything for example.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I go by wins and losses and for an incompetent Owner he ranks 2nd behind Kraft in wins since this Century started = 2000 + we have won a SB. You do realize the main reason why we are losing right now is we don't have Andrew. Cant lose a guy like that and expect success. GB without Rodgers wont do anything for example.

Okay but Kraft as much as I loathe him at least has a level of control of his team something Irsay doesn't.

Irsay was fortunate to luck into two QBs that make him look more competent than he truly is otherwise the Colts are the equivalent of the Browns.

The Colts are completely dysfunctional when they've dragged this whole thing with Andrew for months and messing up the Tolzien situation. Leaving Pagano and Grirgson out to dry until they had to get rid of one of them.

The Packers aren't dysfunctional but they're dumb enough to rely on one player the way they have as well. 

No team is perfect or owner for that matter but Irsay left to his own devices isn't that impressive. 

25 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Okay but Kraft as much as I loathe him at least has a level of control of his team something Irsay doesn't.

Irsay was fortunate to luck into two QBs that make him look more competent than he truly is otherwise the Colts are the equivalent of the Browns.

The Colts are completely dysfunctional. 

The Packers aren't dysfunctional but they're dumb enough to rely on one player the way they have as well. 

The Packers are doing the same thing we have always done, rely on our QB a lot, so how are they not dysfunctional but we are?? Also the Pats organization are known cheaters = SpyGate and DeflateGate and Kraft owns that team - how's that a good look?? You just hate Jimbo, admit it. You and I have went back and forth on this for 2 years and you hated the way we let Peyton go and hold it against Jimbo.

Unless something is going on I don't know about, I think this is good news. Get him 100% for next September. He can be the comeback player for the NFL and Gordon Hayward can do it for the NBA.

I did not want to have to worry about Luck getting killed or re-injured this season.

And at least we no longer have to do the "what if's" for this year.

20 hours ago, Jules said:

Unless something is going on I don't know about, I think this is good news. Get him 100% for next September. He can be the comeback player for the NFL and Gordon Hayward can do it for the NBA.

I did not want to have to worry about Luck getting killed or re-injured this season.

And at least we no longer have to do the "what if's" for this year.

Yep, no more question about this year...

OTOH, right now, there are plenty of questions regarding him for next year at this moment. In addition, there's no guarantee that resting at home will "fix him up" and he will then be able to do those drills in next years OTA's that ended up shutting him down this year... let alone work out...

It would be nice to know this before FA ends and draft is over.  But once season ends, player/coaches cannot contact each other... because the 2011 collective bargaining dictates that until the offseason program begins, players and coaches are not allowed to talk football, hold any meetings, look at the playbook, watch film, or do any other football-related activity. Players can’t work out for the coaches. Nada, zilch... nil...

This makes it important to me that have some idea what is going on with Andrew before the season completely ends.