Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why are the Colts so undisciplined?

RockThatBlue

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

A losing culture? Chuck has yet to have a losing season so there is no losing culture.

Ok you got me on that one.  Lol  I bet this season will be his first. 

Regardless, back to back 8-8's isn't a winning culture either.  We are mediocre and the longer Chuck has lingered the worse the Colts have gotten.  We are on a definite downward spiral with Chuck. But one thing has remained consistent under his watch...no one gets their @** kicked quite like the Indianapolis Colts.  We most certainly lead the entire league in blow out losses during his tenure here.

Thanks to Ballard...I see some talent on this team and reason for a hopeful future but not until the stench of Pagano is purged...hopefully after this season.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ok you got me on that one.  Lol  I bet this season will be his first. 

Regardless, back to back 8-8's isn't a winning culture either.  We are mediocre and the longer Chuck has lingered the worse the Colts have gotten.  We are on a definite downward spiral with Chuck. But one thing has remained consistent under his watch...no one gets their @** kicked quite like the Indianapolis Colts.  We most certainly lead the entire league in blow out losses during his tenure here.

Thanks to Ballard...I see some talent on this team and reason for a hopeful future but not until the stench of Pagano is purged...hopefully after this season.

So it was Chuck who struck out on draft picks over the last three years?  So it was Chuck who struck out on the free agents singed over the last four years? So it was Chuck who caused the injury to Luck?

Yep, he makes a pretty good whipping boy don't he.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So it was Chuck who struck out on draft picks over the last three years?  So it was Chuck who struck out on the free agents singed over the last four years? So it was Chuck who caused the injury to Luck?

Yep, he makes a pretty good whipping boy don't he.

You keep defending him...but it’s a losing proposition.  Chuck sucks as a coach point blank. He doesn’t have the team ready to play for 4 quarters. Can’t make necessary in game adjustments. His team exhibits poor discipline and are penalty flag magnets. Team gets blown out at least 3-4 times each season in embarrassing fashion. All of these things reflect on poor coaching.  After each defeat he spews the same tired “we got to clean things up” rhetoric yet the same things keep repeatedly occuring over and over again week after week. Chuck has run his course and I am glad that this will most likely be his swan song season.  With or without Luck...Chuck just sucks.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

You keep defending him...but it’s a losing proposition.  Chuck sucks as a coach point blank. He doesn’t have the team ready to play for 4 quarters. Can’t make necessary in game adjustments. His team exhibits poor discipline and are penalty flag magnets. Team gets blown out at least 3-4 times each season in embarrassing fashion. All of these things reflect on poor coaching.  After each defeat he spews the same tired “we got to clean things up” rhetoric yet the same things keep repeatedly occuring over and over again week after week. Chuck has run his course and I am glad that this will most likely be his swan song season.  With or without Luck...Chuck just sucks.

Chuck doesn't have a team that has the talent to play 4 quarters.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Chuck doesn't have a team that has the talent to play 4 quarters.

Does anyone believe this team will be better with injured players coming back, defensive FAs and rookies playing together and rookies in general gaining experience? I do.

It's not uncommon for uninformed fans to blame coaching, but I don't think Pagano has had enough talented players to win a championship in his first three seasons or has had to deal with key injuries in the last two seasons. 

I think the only way to fair way to assess Pagano is with a healthy team of talented players. But, people have their opinions, being fair to Pagano is not something they are concerned about.

Bottom line to me is Ballard and Irsay see something in him worth retaining.

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Does anyone believe this team will be better with injured players coming back, defensive FAs and rookies playing together and rookies in general gaining experience? I do.

It's not uncommon for uninformed fans to blame coaching, but I don't think Pagano has had enough talented players to win a championship in his first three seasons or has had to deal with key injuries in the last two seasons. 

I think the only way to fair way to assess Pagano is with a healthy team of talented players. But, people have their opinions, being fair to Pagano is not something they are concerned about.

Chuck did just fine his first three seasons. He didn't just forget how to be a head coach over the last 2 seasons plus 4 games. Grigson lost his job because he failed to bring players in that could maintain and make the Colts better.

It is so easy to blame Chuck with everything and think with a coaching change things would get better.

Even have read in here that anyone would be better than Chuck. Really?

We now have a GM who seems to be good at evaluating things so it's a wait and see issue right now. He was around a pretty good coach at KC and was hired to do a job here. For all the Monday QBs and GMs let Ballard do his job and quite your whining. You are not going to get your instant gratification watching the NFL.

On 10/2/2017 at 8:18 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I was responding to your comment that Luck was 90 percent of the reason for the success of Pagano's first three years.

If you want to make that argument -- fine.   Then you're also going to take Pagano off the hook for 2015 when Luck missed 9 games and you're taking Pagano off the hook for this year since we don't have Luck.

You can't have it both ways.

The point is when Andrew is healthy and playing he can carry a bad team in a truly incredible way. Look at all the 4th quarter comebacks he had his rookie year because the defense was so bad. Eventually luck got injured and Charles got exposed after so many losses after so many blown games and stupid penalties and undiscipline and horrid tackling and stupid football decisions left and right. He's gotten ocs fired coaches fired everyone fired except him and he is the main problem! And as long as Chuck is the head coach I stand behind sitting Andrew for the rest of the year so he doesn't get * killed!

1 hour ago, MackAttack said:

The point is when Andrew is healthy and playing he can carry a bad team in a truly incredible way. Look at all the 4th quarter comebacks he had his rookie year because the defense was so bad. Eventually luck got injured and Charles got exposed after so many losses after so many blown games and stupid penalties and undiscipline and horrid tackling and stupid football decisions left and right. He's gotten ocs fired coaches fired everyone fired except him and he is the main problem! And as long as Chuck is the head coach I stand behind sitting Andrew for the rest of the year so he doesn't get * killed!

I know who and what Andrew Luck is.      I'm a Colts fan because Luck is with the Colts.     I'm a Stanford fan for nearly 50 years,  I've followed Luck since he was in high school.      My avatar here on the website is always an Andrew Luck picture.

I know him as well as any poster here.

But when it comes to Pagano,  the haters here are deranged.     They give Pagano almost no credit for the good years simply saying he had Luck.     But they give Pagano all the blame when Luck was out for 9 games in 2015 and the Colts still won 8 games.    That's ridiculous.     And they don't care that Luck isn't playing this year,  the Pagano haters blame Pagano for everything that goes wrong.       

Pagano has only fired two coordinators in his 6 years.    Pep Hamilton, who was hired by Grigson and not Pagano and Manusky due to politics.      That's it.      And we haven't had that much coaching staff turnover for 6 years into a program.      Man others NFL teams have fired far more coaches in the last 6 years.

Look,  I'm ready for the Colts to fire Pagano.     I think it will happen in January.     I'm ready for a new voice and a new spark for the team.      I just dont' happen to think Pagtao is as bad as his haters would argue.     I've defended Pagano numerous times and it's not hard to do.      I can debate anyone on Pagano.     He's not one of the 10 worst HC's in the league.      He's an average coach.    At his best,  his the 11th coach and at his worst,  he's the 22nd coach.      Somewhere in the middle.     His record says so.      And you are what your record says you are.     But he's not terrible.

Call him Charles if you like.    You'll get your wish no later than January,   and maybe even a little sooner.    It's just a matter of time.....

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He has had six years! How much longer does the man need?!  All his assistant coaches get fired yet he remains and the team continues to make the same mistakes game in and game out.  Chuck is the constant. I'm not down with continuing to hope he can become a good coach with more talented players.  Let him get talent some place else to experiment with.  We have had enough of Luck's prime years wasted playing for Chuck as coach.   Ballard will supply all the talent needed in the next few years. And we don't know that Ballard sees anything in Chuck.  For all we know he is being prevented from firing him by Willy Wonka.  Hopefully Ballard will be unleashed to find us a better head coach to officially usher in the new regime and transform the culture. 

This is his first year with Ballard and a better talent level (when healthy). Belicheck had ONE winning season in six years. 

From what I've heard from Ballard, the players, assistant  coaches and Irsay himself, they are all on board with Pagano.

Brissett said the 2nd half dropoff was on the players and not a schematic issue.

I really don't know if Pagano can be a better coach with a healthy, experienced team. Players like Kelly, Luck, Mack, Rogers and Wilson are practicing. Geathers could be back soon, with Swoope and Goode a few weeks away. 

I know it's not a popular stance with most posters but many others think this coaching staff (and I include Pagano) can get deep into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know who and what Andrew Luck is.      I'm a Colts fan because Luck is with the Colts.     I'm a Stanford fan for nearly 50 years,  I've followed Luck since he was in high school.      My avatar here on the website is always an Andrew Luck picture.

I know him as well as any poster here.

But when it comes to Pagano,  the haters here are deranged.     They give Pagano almost no credit for the good years simply saying he had Luck.     But they give Pagano all the blame when Luck was out for 9 games in 2015 and the Colts still won 8 games.    That's ridiculous.     And they don't care that Luck isn't playing this year,  the Pagano haters blame Pagano for everything that goes wrong.       

Pagano has only fired two coordinators in his 6 years.    Pep Hamilton, who was hired by Grigson and not Pagano and Manusky due to politics.      That's it.      And we haven't had that much coaching staff turnover for 6 years into a program.      Man others NFL teams have fired far more coaches in the last 6 years.

Look,  I'm ready for the Colts to fire Pagano.     I think it will happen in January.     I'm ready for a new voice and a new spark for the team.      I just dont' happen to think Pagtao is as bad as his haters would argue.     I've defended Pagano numerous times and it's not hard to do.      I can debate anyone on Pagano.     He's not one of the 10 worst HC's in the league.      He's an average coach.    At his best,  his the 11th coach and at his worst,  he's the 22nd coach.      Somewhere in the middle.     His record says so.      And you are what your record says you are.     But he's not terrible.

Call him Charles if you like.    You'll get your wish no later than January,   and maybe even a little sooner.    It's just a matter of time.....

good

On 10/3/2017 at 8:19 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

It's primarily the coaching.  "60 minutes...don't judge." That in of itself shows that there is very little accountability on this team. Chuck has imposed a losing culture and mentality in Indy. 

Lol.....that has to be one of the dumber Chuck slogans.

11 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Good post.

I only wanted to address your last sentence with this word.  

Today.

Irsay and Ballard see something worth retaining.....       today.

All coaches are on borrowed time.  

They might keep Pagano for another year or two...    OR ...     they could fire him in another week or two.     It's always hard to know... 

I always encourage Chick supporters and haters for the same thing.        Patience.

Hopefully you get what you want.

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good post.

I only wanted to address your last sentence with this word.  

Today.

Irsay and Ballard see something worth retaining.....       today.

All coaches are on borrowed time.  

They might keep Pagano for another year or two...    OR ...     they could fire him in another week or two.     It's always hard to know... 

I always encourage Chick supporters and haters for the same thing.        Patience.

Hopefully you get what you want.

You're right. A decision to move on from Pagano & company may happen mid-year, post season or if things improve, they might not change for multiple seasons. 

Things have a way of unfolding. I'm curious to see how this works out. You hit the nail on the head: be patient, all is not lost.

It's coaching. The Colts have been the same team for years. Undisciplined, can't really rush the passer (except 2014), can't stop the run, can't protect the QB, give up big plays,etc... And when you couple bad coaching with young players you get the 2017 Colts.

The only thing I've seen improve this year is the ability to createvturnovers, which has gotten much better. Credit goes to Ballard there. His guys are taking the ball away a lot.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

It's primarily the coaching.  "60 minutes...don't judge." That in of itself shows that there is very little accountability on this team. Chuck has imposed a losing culture and mentality in Indy. 

Come on now....

"60 minutes....   don't judge" does NOT mean no accountability.     It means don't quit in a game, no matter what.

Losing culture?     Nonsense, and Chuck's record says so. 

Better for the first three years, but it's what Pagano did in 15 and 16...   In both Years the Colts were 6-8 with two weeks to go.

Fans here were screaming for the Colts to tank and finish 6-10 so the team would have a better draft pick.   Didn't happen.

Pagano pushed his team to wins in both games, both years, to finish 8-8.    Sorry, but losing culture my rear end.

We're not struggling this year because Pagano can't coach.    It's because we have a lack of talent and the talent we do have  is very young and learning how to play on Sundays.

Look...  I know you're tired of Pagano and can't wait to be done with him.    I believe you're going to get your wish in January, maybe sooner.

But this charge of losing culture is nonsense and EASY to disprove.

You're a good poster.    You're smarter and better than this.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on now....

"60 minutes....   don't judge" does NOT mean no accountability.     It means don't quit in a game, no matter what.

Losing culture?     Nonsense, and Chuck's record says so. 

Better for the first three years, but it's what Pagano did in 15 and 16...   In both Years the Colts were 6-8 with two weeks to go.

Fans here were screaming for the Colts to tank and finish 6-10 so the team would have a better draft pick.   Didn't happen.

Pagano pushed his team to wins in both games, both years, to finish 8-8.    Sorry, but losing culture my rear end.

We're not struggling this year because Pagano can't coach.    It's because we have a lack of talent and the talent we do have  is very young and learning how to play on Sundays.

Look...  I know you're tired of Pagano and can't wait to be done with him.    I believe you're going to get your wish in January, maybe sooner.

But this charge of losing culture is nonsense and EASY to disprove.

You're a good poster.    You're smarter and better than this.

I hear you. Losing culture was a wrong choice of words on my end.  But back to back 8-8 seasons isn’t evidence of a winning one. Yes...I know Chuck coached us to the playoffs his first 2 1/2 seasons but we have really fallen off since.   I know that there are multiple reasons for this and it’s not all on Chuck.  But as head coach he is held to be most accountable for the team’s on field performance.   Blow out losses really get my goat and we have seen a lot of those under Pagano’s watch...even during the seasons his teams made the playoffs.  But I digress....I could have articulated my frustrations better. So I’ll take my “L” here and move on.  Hope we beat the Niners on Sunday. 

19 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I hear you. Losing culture was a wrong choice of words on my end.  But back to back 8-8 seasons isn’t evidence of a winning one. Yes...I know Chuck coached us to the playoffs his first 2 1/2 seasons but we have really fallen off since.   I know that there are multiple reasons for this and it’s not all on Chuck.  But as head coach he is held to be most accountable for the team’s on field performance.   Blow out losses really get my goat and we have seen a lot of those under Pagano’s watch...even during the seasons his teams made the playoffs.  But I digress....I could have articulated my frustrations better. So I’ll take my “L” here and move on.  Hope we beat the Niners on Sunday. 

Thanks...    I appreciate the post.

I really do think this is last year for Pagano.     I think Irsay asked Ballard to keep Pagano for a year while the rebuilding starts.     Why saddle a new coach with a rebuilding team when you can put it on the outgoing coach.  (Pagano)

The roster will be better next year and the new coach can get a jump start on the rebuild.

I think Irsay (in part) didn't want to pay two head coaches for three years.    By cutting  Pagano next year Irsay will only have to do it for two years.    And Ballard will be able to hire the HC and staff of his choice.    

I'm curious who it will be?   I suspect it will be someone with an offensive background to help Luck. 

Fresh blood.    New HC.    New OC and D.C.    I think the franchise is ready for it.

Better days ahead.

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I really do think this is last year for Pagano.     I think Irsay asked Ballard to keep Pagano for a year while the rebuilding starts. ahead.

Plus I think it would've been a really tough task for Ballard to turn over half the roster and then revamp the coaching staff all in one offseason. Especially considering Irsay waited a little later than usual to fire Grigson, long after black Monday and after coaches had been hired elsewhere and all that.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Plus I think it would've been a really tough task for Ballard to turn over half the roster and then revamp the coaching staff all in one offseason. Especially considering Irsay waited a little later than usual to fire Grigson, long after black Monday and after coaches had been hired elsewhere and all that.

Thank you.    Excellent post.    I had forgotten that the change came roughly 3 weeks after the season ended.    

Appreciate you remembering that.    It sharpens our point.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:31 AM, coltsfeva said:

So because I and some other members don't agree with you on Pagano were uninformed fans? Ok. I haven't missed a Colts game since they came to town. I'm not saying that makes me a GM, a coach or a scout. Heck I'm not close to that haha but uninformed because we view the head coach differently? Maybe I should say your an uninformed fan since you seem to think that only injuries and talent are what has plagued the Colts over the last 2.5 years. I wont because I respect your opinions and at the end of the day were all (or most of us lol) Colts Fans :rock:. If you cant see Pagano's faults over the years then I don't know what to tell ya. I'm not going to list them all as they have been mentioned numerous times over on this board.

I will give Pags/Arians all kinds of credit for turning this team around after the 2-14 season. Heck even Grigson deserves credit (even though I think being fortunate enough to draft Luck would of made any GM look like a genius for awhile lol). Do you still want Grigson around as GM since he gets credit for how those teams were constructed the first 3 years? I don't. Wouldn't all coaches just love to only be evaluated when the roster is fully healthy and loaded with talent. Sorry but life in the NFL isn't fair and injuries are going to happen. Just look at how the Seattle D responded after all their injuries against the Colts Sunday night. Good coached teams find a way. This has nothing to do with being fair or unfair towards Pagano. This has everything to do with what I see on the field each and every week. From the slow starts, making no adjustments. To coming out in the 2nd half and going completely away from what was working in the 1st half. But hey what do I know I'm just a fan :D an uninformed one at that... On the bright side, Pags says they will get it cleaned up and eventually play 4 quarters of football.

BTW...Love Irsay as an owner. Love his passion.

2 hours ago, JTrouble said:

So because I and some other members don't agree with you on Pagano were uninformed fans? Ok. I haven't missed a Colts game since they came to town. I'm not saying that makes me a GM, a coach or a scout. Heck I'm not close to that haha but uninformed because we view the head coach differently? Maybe I should say your an uninformed fan since you seem to think that only injuries and talent are what has plagued the Colts over the last 2.5 years. I wont because I respect your opinions and at the end of the day were all (or most of us lol) Colts Fans :rock:. If you cant see Pagano's faults over the years then I don't know what to tell ya. I'm not going to list them all as they have been mentioned numerous times over on this board.

I will give Pags/Arians all kinds of credit for turning this team around after the 2-14 season. Heck even Grigson deserves credit (even though I think being fortunate enough to draft Luck would of made any GM look like a genius for awhile lol). Do you still want Grigson around as GM since he gets credit for how those teams were constructed the first 3 years? I don't. Wouldn't all coaches just love to only be evaluated when the roster is fully healthy and loaded with talent. Sorry but life in the NFL isn't fair and injuries are going to happen. Just look at how the Seattle D responded after all their injuries against the Colts Sunday night. Good coached teams find a way. This has nothing to do with being fair or unfair towards Pagano. This has everything to do with what I see on the field each and every week. From the slow starts, making no adjustments. To coming out in the 2nd half and going completely away from what was working in the 1st half. But hey what do I know I'm just a fan :D an uninformed one at that... On the bright side, Pags says they will get it cleaned up and eventually play 4 quarters of football.

Is being uninformed the same as not understanding why or realizing the chain reaction of not having the right talented players in the right positions?

Not sure in what context we are defining undiscipljned as, but we are above average in penalties against so far this season. And that with two stand-in centres, two stand-in QBs and raft of new players, some peoople are just scouring the dictionary to find uncomplementary words about our team because they just like to moan. And that won't stop until we win 9 Super Bowls (trademark).

Give this current team / regime a chance for crying out loud.

10 hours ago, JTrouble said:

Didn't mean to degrade anyone. I meant uninformed in comparison to the owner, GM, assistant coaches and players. 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:03 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Not sure in what context we are defining undiscipljned as, but we are above average in penalties against so far this season. And that with two stand-in centres, two stand-in QBs and raft of new players, some peoople are just scouring the dictionary to find uncomplementary words about our team because they just like to moan. And that won't stop until we win 9 Super Bowls (trademark).

Give this current team / regime a chance for crying out loud.

Not sure about the 9 SB comment (yes I can read sarcasm haha & get your point) but heck were almost to 9 years with the head coach. Cant rush these thangs...

btw....I'm a Cubs fan so I know all about patience & I really like what Ballard is doing. A LOT.

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Didn't mean to degrade anyone. I meant uninformed in comparison to the owner, GM, assistant coaches and players. 

Yea I get your point :D I made reference in my initial post to not being a GM, coach or scout. I'm also not going to walk off a bridge just because my boss tells me too. I like to think for myself. Just because they hold relevant positions doesn't make them immune from making mistakes, some of them over and over again or being wrong. I'm not saying that my opinion should trump yours or vice versa. I'm just going off of what I see. I see the same mistakes, poor discipline and lack of any in game/halftime adjustment. Its been 6 years now. I don't see it getting better under Pags. He has went through OC's and DC's but its the same result. Were still trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. They have no OLine but lets stick to a vertical passing game. Cant run through the tackles but lets keep trying (I'm all for running the football but mix it up). The Rams game did it for me, that's when I turned in my Pags card. Great 2 year run and I tip my cap but time to go after the season.

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is being uninformed the same as not understanding why or realizing the chain reaction of not having the right talented players in the right positions?

I've explained my position. I've said numerous times that I like what Ballard is doing and excited to see the talent he acquires over the next few Drafts/FA/Trades. I also understand it's going to take more than one offseason. Once Luck was ruled out at the beginning of the year I stopped evaluating this team (from a fans perspective) on wins and losses. Don't get me wrong I'm ALWAYS rooting for a Colts win but I was more concerned about seeing some changes in the areas that have been a concern the past few/several seasons. Coaching being one of those areas of concern. I've definitely seen some bright spots on D at times, with some of the Rooks and FA signings but I'm also seeing a lot of the same problems this team has had for years now.  

Maybe being uninformed is the same as not understanding why or realizing the chain reaction of not having the right talented "coaches" in the right positions?

On 10/2/2017 at 7:01 PM, COLTS449 said:

Uhhhh. Dumb and unbelievably bad coaching, soft players, very unintelligent players FOOTBALL WISE, as in low or no football iq, not enough good-great players/superstars. We have to get rid of the coaching staff. Honestly I would've just pagano after 2012 and kept Arians. It's about winning baby. 

As I said. New coaching staff first and foremost 

We need thug life players with attitude and swag. Cocky. Guys who come straight outta the ghetto who only care about winning when they step on the football field and do anything to win. We need hardcore, hard nose, in your face bad boyz who'd rather kill somebody than to lose, hard hitting, physical beasts who knock the heck outta the ball carrier then flex and taunt them, start fights, taught the fans when they're on the sidelines. Etc. I think y'all get the point. We're lacking guys like Burfict, Talib, J.Jenkins, Suggs,  Sherman, OBJ, Beast Mode, Blunt, Norman, and so on and etc, etc. or even loud mouth white boys like Travis Kelce. We need 4-5 of those kinda dudes to lead this team. I want guys who run their mouth all game long. Wanna knock somebody out, then laugh about it. Showboat and all that. I wanna be the Raiders from back in the day. The dirtiest meanest team on earth. No sissies. Guys who'll play hurt and ball out. But who am I but a non conformist loud mouth, politically UNcorrect, meat head, who just bare knuckle boxed his neighbor in the front yard for fun last week lmao ? We literally just wanted to see who could whoop who lol.

And side note. I knew the world was going all soft and sissified but lmao  I had no clue "ghetto" was a bad word til somebody on here pointed it out a few months back when I said it. its not offensive. Just maybe to this little new wave generation who have no clue about the real world or what it's like to grow up in hard hoods where it's just simple survival daily. I know plenty of dudes who come outta the ghetto. They aren't offended by it one bit. A lot want out. But none I've met/know take offense to the term. Lol. But man I miss the good ole days when it was cool to be tough and fight and all that. Where'd those days go ? Now if you don't say that one golfer that married the kardashian chick ain't a hero you're condemned lmao ... they're wanting to stop fights in MLB ???? Are you kidding me. I love seeing a good fight in a ball game. I get pumped up on hard hits and fights. We just gotta get tough guys. Draft tough guys. Etc. 

Arians is not winning either and it's arguable that he has a team with more talent.

2 hours ago, JTrouble said:

I've explained my position. I've said numerous times that I like what Ballard is doing and excited to see the talent he acquires over the next few Drafts/FA/Trades. I also understand it's going to take more than one offseason. Once Luck was ruled out at the beginning of the year I stopped evaluating this team (from a fans perspective) on wins and losses. Don't get me wrong I'm ALWAYS rooting for a Colts win but I was more concerned about seeing some changes in the areas that have been a concern the past few/several seasons. Coaching being one of those areas of concern. I've definitely seen some bright spots on D at times, with some of the Rooks and FA signings but I'm also seeing a lot of the same problems this team has had for years now.  

Maybe being uninformed is the same as not understanding why or realizing the chain reaction of not having the right talented "coaches" in the right positions?

Those coaches didn't have any problems getting wins in their first three seasons did they? Did all of a sudden Pagano forget how to coach? All the excuses why some feel the only way we went to the AFC championship game was because of Luck. Well Luck didn't do it all by himself. It took a very decent team with good coaching for any of that to happen.

Grigson's free agent signings for his last 4 seasons sucked. Grigson's draft his last three seasons sucked even worse.

Pagano was tied with a team lacked serious talent at key positions with virtually no depth.

Pagano as far as his coaching was over shadowed by being blamed for losses and fingers started being pointed at him as the cause.

This reason is exactly why Irsay has not fired Pagano. When looking at the bigger picture and comprehending why there was a serious drop off in the Colts wins and losses.

Ballard may or may not have a plan for a change in coaching and coaches in the future but rumors and speculations said by people in this forum is not going to sway Irsay and Ballard on doing what they think is best for this team. Till that times comes being all bent out of shape over something no one but those two will determine is useless and immaterial.

Look, I have been watching and paying attention to the NFL since before the AFL-NFL merger and what the Colts are going through right now with some of their fans is a piece of cake compared to some of the problems that change from team to team every season in the NFL. 

GMs and coaches really don't take fans opinions serious and even get a kick and chuckle out of some opinions voiced by fans. Fan is short for fanatic and it's kind of self explains itself.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Those coaches didn't have any problems getting wins in their first three seasons did they? Did all of a sudden Pagano forget how to coach? All the excuses why some feel the only way we went to the AFC championship game was because of Luck. Well Luck didn't do it all by himself. It took a very decent team with good coaching for any of that to happen.

Grigson's free agent signings for his last 4 seasons sucked. Grigson's draft his last three seasons sucked even worse.

Pagano was tied with a team lacked serious talent at key positions with virtually no depth.

Pagano as far as his coaching was over shadowed by being blamed for losses and fingers started being pointed at him as the cause.

This reason is exactly why Irsay has not fired Pagano. When looking at the bigger picture and comprehending why there was a serious drop off in the Colts wins and losses.

Ballard may or may not have a plan for a change in coaching and coaches in the future but rumors and speculations said by people in this forum is not going to sway Irsay and Ballard on doing what they think is best for this team. Till that times comes being all bent out of shape over something no one but those two will determine is useless and immaterial.

Look, I have been watching and paying attention to the NFL since before the AFL-NFL merger and what the Colts are going through right now with some of their fans is a piece of cake compared to some of the problems that change from team to team every season in the NFL. 

GMs and coaches really don't take fans opinions serious and even get a kick and chuckle out of some opinions voiced by fans. Fan is short for fanatic and it's kind of self explains itself.

Key words: 3 years ago. Yes I'm only a fan. Proud to be a colts fan! As I know you are as well and at the end of the day your opinions mean just as much as mine. I guess we will see what Ballard and Irsay think of Pags coaching at the end of the season. I think I know where I would put my $ if I was a betting man.

For the record...NOT IN A MILLION YEARS do I think my opinion on a message board is going to sway Irsay or Ballards decision making one way or the other. This is a message board. Not a stock holder meeting or whatever lol. Fans come here to voice their opinions to other fans. I think you take this board a little to serious but I could be wrong. I will still give ya a high five after a Colts TD!! lol :rock:

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Also the issues I have with Pags are as evident today as they were 3 years ago. Only difference is he was getting W's back then...Slow starts, no in-game adjustments, discipline, clock management, challenges or lack of. Cant play 4 quarters of football in 6 years. Were still trying to copy that San Fran game from 15'. I like pags as a person, awesome guy! Time to go as a coach but that's just my 2 cent. 

**disclaimer: In no way are my views a direct reflection of the Indianapolis Colts nor do I feel my thoughts and opinions will be used in the next Ballard/Irsay meeting. I also hope the Colts don't use my 2 cent against me in any way. Like banning me from home games haha 

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's awesome you've been watching football that long CrazyColt!!! Man I bet you have seen a lot of wild/crazy/classic matchups!! :D

4 minutes ago, JTrouble said:

That's awesome you've been watching football that long CrazyColt!!! Man I bet you have seen a lot of wild/crazy/classic matchups!! :D

Yes it's been a long strange trip. When I was young I was a Bear fan because my parents were huge Bear fans. I became a Colt fan when Bert Jones was drafted and have stayed with them every since. That's pretty much why I don't get all bent out of sorts when they don't do well. Two 8-8 seasons are not really that bad when you remember a few seasons where 8-8 would have been considered good for them.

I see life and spark in them right now it just takes time for Ballard to get the players he wants.