Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Beth Mowins

TKnight24

16 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Is this the same woman who called the Bolts/Broncos Monday night game opening weekend? If so, this woman is horrible and seriously sounds like man-pirate

She usually does announcing for espn. Women's softball, low level college football games like Vermont vs Maine type thing.

I agree though I don't like her voice in terms of broadcasting.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Is this the same woman who called the Bolts/Broncos Monday night game opening weekend? If so, this woman is horrible and seriously sounds like man-pirate

If she is calling the game then I am predicting Lamey audio in my house this Sunday. 

That lady sounded like she had clothespins on her nose while at the same time choking on something. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

If she is calling the game then I am predicting Lamey audio in my house this Sunday. 

That lady sounded like she had clothespins on her nose while at the same time choking on something. 

I think Bob is in the same boat we are, not sure that guy can take too much more losing. He may retire after the season because of his age, I will miss him when he goes.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Bob is in the same boat we are, not sure that guy can take too much more losing. He may retire after the season because of his age, I will miss him when he goes.

Agreed. I like listening to him and watching the game. However, the OTA radio feed is faster than the video, and the Internet audio feed is much slower than the video. I could handle it if it were just a little bit off, but it's a good amount of time difference. 

This week, I will deal with the time difference. No way I can listen to clothespin nostrils for 3 straight hours. 

30 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I'm not sure why people criticized Mowins. I thought she was very knowledgeable. Rex Ryan was much worse than she was. 

It seriously made me want to change the channel. Completely unwatchable thanks to the broadcasting and the sideline reporter was literally a dipp, more like a dipps**t. It was the worst broadcast I ever experienced. 

10 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

100% accurate. I couldn't find the right way to describe her and you nailed it. Clothespin on the nose. I used man-pirate because her pronunciation of "R's" was so drawn out. Lord it was bad.

17 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

and Rex Ryan at times sounded like Eeyore

image.thumb.png.09600e7f98f40e47fde15c8669701bca.png

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

100% accurate. I couldn't find the right way to describe her and you nailed it. Clothespin on the nose. I used man-pirate because her pronunciation of "R's" was so drawn out. Lord it was bad.

Some people cannot stand it when others scrape nails on a chalkboard. That doesn't bother me. But when Beth McNostrils starts talking, that's when I have to kill the audio. 

I have heard her call some some college football games before, and I had to change the channel. I bet she is a very nice person, and she understands football very well, but her voice is torturous to listen to. 

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

she sounded like a woman with a mannish voice trying really hard not to sound like she has a mannish voice, but doing a really bad job of it.

Oh man, this is the same girl who had the Hispanic reporter, Sergio Dipp, on the sideline. Please tell me he isn't coming back. I know he had a brain fart, I feel for the guy, but I still don't want him back.

He's going to be like, "Chuck Pagano is having the TIME OF HIS LIFE!!! "

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

she sounded like a woman with a mannish voice trying really hard not to sound like she has a mannish voice, but doing a really bad job of it.

I actually think she does it on purpose. It's like she trying really hard to mimic a throwback baseball announcer from the 50s. 

I think its highly possibly that she believes she is landing it perfectly too. 

Someone needs to tell that lady there is nothing perfect about what she is doing. Why and the hell she is awarded with more broadcasting gigs is beyond me. 

There is a reason I am not a professional actor or singer, and I understand that. We are supposed to find our born "God given" talents and excel at them. That lady's upside to announcing was to suck, and she went ahead and did it anyway. 

7 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Oh man, this is the same girl who had the Hispanic reporter, Sergio Dipp, on the sideline. Please tell me he isn't coming back. I know he had a brain fart, I feel for the guy, but I still don't want him back.

We know we are doing well as a team when the NFL sends the freaking Z Team to announce our games. 

I guess they figure no one is watching anyway. 

28 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Agreed. I like listening to him and watching the game. However, the OTA radio feed is faster than the video, and the Internet audio feed is much slower than the video. I could handle it if it were just a little bit off, but it's a good amount of time difference. 

This week, I will deal with the time difference. No way I can listen to clothespin nostrils for 3 straight hours. 

I've had the same problem trying to watch on DirecTV Sunday Ticket and listen to Bob Lamey on streaming audio at the same time. This week I'm going to try hitting some brief pauses in the video to get the audio to sync up with it. If it works I'll just stick with listening to Bob every week. He's probably the second best football announcer I've ever heard. The best of all time was Bill King who used to do the Raiders' radio calls. 

5 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

I've had the same problem trying to watch on DirecTV Sunday Ticket and listen to Bob Lamey on streaming audio at the same time. This week I'm going to try hitting some brief pauses in the video to get the audio to sync up with it. If it works I'll just stick with listening to Bob every week. He's probably the second best football announcer I've ever heard. The best of all time was Bill King who used to do the Raiders' radio calls. 

I thought about doing that too. However, then my RedZone TV shows the Colts big plays before the "live feed".

The only way to make it work perfectly is to find a way to delay the live OTA audio feed. I have some ideas, and have given it quite a bit of thought. 

I have no problem with Beth Mowins.      She's a pro.    Has worked her way up the ladder by working hard and being good.      This is not a diversity hire.     She has earned this.

I don't find her voice to be a problem at all.     And I suspect that over time,  others who object to it now,  will eventually not be bothered by it.

Congrats to Beth.     Looking forward to hearing more and more from you!!             :thmup:

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no problem with Beth Mowins.      She's a pro.    Has worked her way up the ladder by working hard and being good.      This is not a diversity hire.     She has earned this.

I don't find her voice to be a problem at all.     And I suspect that over time,  others who object to it now,  will eventually not be bothered by it.

Congrats to Beth.     Looking forward to hearing more and more from you!!             :thmup:

Why does some knucklehead always have to mention diversity in these situations?

I like skittles, so it's only logical to conclude that anyone who doesn't must be a bigoted, backwards thinking, homophobic, chauvinistic, racist. 

I mean how and the hell can anyone not like skittles, right? We have to peer pressure all of them into liking skittles, and until they do we will publicly shame them with scary labels.

I won't be listening to you, Beth. And it's not because of your gender. It's because I think you suck as an announcer. :thmup: 

26 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Holy Toledo! Didn't know anyone else ever listened to Bill King on this board. He also did the Warriors games. Absolutely fabulous play by play man. He would quickly take the headset off and yell at the NBA  Refs when they made bonehead calls against the Dubs. Then jam the headset back on. Nobody listening to the radio would ever know. But it was fun to watch him at the game. 

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Perfect last name for this guy

30 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Holy Toledo! Didn't know anyone else ever listened to Bill King on this board. He also did the Warriors games. Absolutely fabulous play by play man. He would quickly take the headset off and yell at the NBA  Refs when they made bonehead calls against the Dubs. Then jam the headset back on. Nobody listening to the radio would ever know. But it was fun to watch him at the game. 

Yup. Bill was also the announcer for the Oakland A's for 25 years or so, but being a Giants fan I didn't pay much attention to the A's. He also did a brief stint, along with Russ Hodges and Lon Simmons, calling Giants games, and he was the "voice" of UC football and basketball for a time. Bill King did it all, and you could always count on him to give you a vivid mental picture of the action. 

50 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Why does some knucklehead always have to mention diversity in these situations?

I like skittles, so it's only logical to conclude that anyone who doesn't must be a bigoted, backwards thinking, homophobic, chauvinistic, racist. 

I mean how and the hell can anyone not like skittles, right? We have to peer pressure all of them into liking skittles, and until they do we will publicly shame them with scary labels.

I won't be listening to you, Beth. And it's not because of your gender. It's because I think you suck as an announcer. :thmup: 

Why must some knucklehead respond as if I'm speaking directly to them, and perhaps not some other person in a thread filled with 20 or so responses?

If the issue doesn't apply to you --- great.     But you might want to consider that it might apply to other people in this thread.