Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

luck see's the light?

pizzaman67

it is now being reported that luck and the colts are growing further apart. do you blame andrew ?  would you want to line up under center for a rah rah not very good coach, who is clueless.  run, run, sack punt. you know what give andrew the reins. chud see ya. pagan see ya!  go get a good coach and OC that luck likes. let him control things on the field. and if harbaugh is his guy? MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

1 minute ago, pizzaman67 said:

it is now being reported that luck and the colts are growing further apart. do you blame andrew ?  would you want to line up under center for a rah rah not very good coach, who is clueless.  run, run, sack punt. you know what give andrew the reins. chud see ya. pagan see ya!  go get a good coach and OC that luck likes. let him control things on the field. and if harbaugh is his guy? MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

I heard that rumor too this morning, I had heard rumors brfore that Oliver was not happy with the Colts organization last year.  I hope that with the change in GM there will be a move in a positive direction.

3 minutes ago, pizzaman67 said:

Luck is only in the second year of a six year deal, and it is more than likely that Pagano is gone after this season. Of course Luck is getting tired of the same thing each year. So is everyone else on the team and all of the fans. There will be change. Pagano will be gone, Luck will probably get to have a small amount of input into who the next coach is, and everyone will move foward. However, Luck's ability to get out of his contract is nil, and quite frankly it doesn't matter if he doesn't want to play for the Colts. He isn't going anywhere -- this isn't the NBA.

He isn't the first QB who will be ready for a HC change. It's happened here in Indy before.

I heard this on Mike and Mike as well.  IF this is true, I don't blame Luck at all for being tired of this clown show.  However, he KNEW what he was getting into when he signed that contract.  He was getting the crap beat out of him every year and still signed.  He knew the organization looked like a dumpster fire with Grigs and Chuckles and he signed anyway.  

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That they might want to force a trade.

that may not be possible logistically

somebody would have to come up with enough cap space and assets to trade for him

even if he did demand a trade, i doubt the team would let anyone else have him unless they gave up a lot

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

somebody would have to come up with enough cap space and assets to trade for him

even if he did demand a trade, i doubt the team would let anyone else have him unless they gave up a lot

I still doubt any of this is true, but if it is, I'm hoping it's just that Andrew's dad is upset.

That would seem the most likely, again, IF there's any truth to it.

Just now, aaron11 said:

Imo, the Colts would have several teams wanting to trade for Luck and willing to give up a lot in return.

This is complete and utter nonsense.

Let's follow this rabbit hole for minute and realize it doesn't track. If Oliver Luck was upset that Colts were pushing Andrew to play injured, why would he be making a stink about it now? Luck is a few weeks away from being fully healthy and playing. Now's the time when Oliver pushes for an exit? When things are resolved, instead of when the issues were allegedly occurring?

Furthermore, yes it's true the Colts had some organizational issues between Grigson and Pagano that were causing problems behind the scenes. Again, why would Oliver wait until now, when Grigson is gone, Ballard is putting things back together and the Colts are (presumably) on the right track? Yes, Pagano is an issue, but the only reason he is still here is because Indy had no choice - with Luck's procedure, they couldn't go for a new coaching staff, and a brand new offense, with their star QB unable to work and learn it in the off-season. I would say there is a 99% chance he's toast in the off-season.

This makes zero logical sense, and shouldn't be given any credibility. Have Mike and Mike ever broken anything before? Just a couple of shock jockeys looking for views.

Listening to Grady and Big Joe.  They both said it's total nonsense and seem pretty ticked off and shocked that Mike and Mike would say something like that.  Also, at the very end of the M & M show, Greeny totally back pedaled on a lot of what he said.  And ESPN wonders why it's losing subscribers....pure sensationalism.  

I wouldn't blame him.  Heck I was half joking the other day that I think he is playing up this shoulder injury because he wanted to see what was going to be out there before he started in. I mean honestly, it doesn't take 8+ months to recover from shoulder surgery, no matter what it was. Unless you had it amputated and a new one put on. Heck I fractured my glenoid and never even knew it till years later. I don't throw footballs for a living, but if I never new and went on my daily life, he isn't that bad either. If it was that bad, then he wouldn't have been able to play two full seasons since he has been supposedly dealing with this since 2015.

EDIT: after looking up Lucks specific injury, all things point to being able to throw again after 3-4 months.  Its been 8 now.

Aww mate, if this was true... i would not be happy but i would love the drama it created and hopefully made irsay realize how much of a state his team is in. 

There's no doubt the colts will get better but this is what happens when you build a team around one person starting with Manning... ignoring the defense for so long has hampered the colts in countless games. Defense wins championships... or keep you from them.

39 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Imo, the Colts would have several teams wanting to trade for Luck and willing to give up a lot in return.

1 hour ago, pizzaman67 said:

58 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I heard that rumor too this morning, I had heard rumors brfore that Oliver was not happy with the Colts organization last year.  I hope that with the change in GM there will be a move in a positive direction.

57 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

It was on Mike and Mike this morning.   Herman Edwards said he had heard the talk too.

50 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I doubt it. Really hoping it's just noise.

They said the rumor is that Luck's camp, probably his dad, is not happy for playing him injured. That they might want to force a trade.

41 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

3 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I heard this as well on Mike Fransesa's radio show on the Fan yesterday. They actually mentioned the 49ers as a possible landing spot.

all rumors.

unconfirmed speculation that started all when a caller suggested that Luck should hold out like Elway and force a trade.

the only way for Luck to get out of his contract is to retire. period.  He's here for at least the next 6 years(4 under current contract, 2 franchise tags). he aint going no where

4 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I heard this as well on Mike Fransesa's radio show on the Fan yesterday. They actually mentioned the 49ers as a possible landing spot.

yeah he threw that out there because Andrew went to Stanford and the niners have no QB.......  just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks

7 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

If he said that with a straight face then that's just bad journalism. He is one reach away from reporting that Luck is half alien. 

Well, if Mike & Mike is the source, then this is simply Fake News designed to promote the narrative that the Colts perpetually stink and the guy the media perpetually promotes is being sucked into the abyss.

How can they continue to promote Luck if the Colts don't get TV time?

So now the media pressure builds to help get him out of the Abyss in order to be able to continue to give him visibility.

These aren't rumors.   These are desires being reported as rumors.

19 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Figures.  The media want their marketable players to be in big markets.  BTW, they have to talk about Luck in some way.  So if he isn't playing, and on a bad team, this is one way to talk about him.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, if Mike & Mike is the source, then this is simply Fake News designed to promote the narrative that the Colts perpetually stink and the guy the media perpetually promotes is being sucked into the abyss.

How can they continue to promote Luck if the Colts don't get TV time?

So now the media pressure builds to help get him out of the Abyss in order to be able to continue to give him visibility.

These aren't rumors.   These are desires being reported as rumors.

So, maybe they know Brady is about to retire, and want Luck in NE?

Luck wouldn't go without Allen & Dorsett?

1 hour ago, pizzaman67 said:

I don't blame Luck one bit.

This is why I hate social media, you can completely make something up and make it a "rumor" and talk about it to a national audience.

The sad part is that the team is in such a position where the plausibility of it would make sense, but I would bet everything that it is not.

I even doubt that Andrew has "people" lol. The "was forced to play injured" thing is total nonsense. Andrew is the one who wanted to play through it. He opted not to have surgery prior to 2016 and chose to play in the meaningless Jacksonville game. Now if you want to argue that the team should step in and protect him from himself, then fine, but playing through injury is on the player, especially the star player. Is his Dad upset? Probably, but Andrew is a grown man and can make his own decisions. Plus he's building a new house here.

2 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This is why I hate social media, you can completely make something up and make it a "rumor" and talk about it to a national audience.

The sad part is that the team is in such a position where the plausibility of it would make sense, but I would bet everything that it is not.

I even doubt that Andrew has "people" lol. The "was forced to play injured" thing is total nonsense. Andrew is the one who wanted to play through it. He opted not to have surgery prior to 2016 and chose to play in the meaningless Jacksonville game. Now if you want to argue that the team should step in and protect him from himself, then fine, but playing through injury is on the player, especially the star player. Is his Dad upset? Probably, but Andrew is a grown man and can make his own decisions. Plus he's building a new house here.

I keep hearing about the meaningless Jacksonville game..... didn't we mathematically still have a chance if we won, to get in the PO's?

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

I keep hearing about the meaningless Jacksonville game..... didn't we mathematically still have a chance if we won, to get in the PO's?

No, they were officially eliminated after the Oakland loss. It was the 2015 Titans game the last game of the season where there was like a .05% chance at playoffs.

9 minutes ago, buccolts said:

So, maybe they know Brady is about to retire, and want Luck in NE?

Luck wouldn't go without Allen & Dorsett?

I don't think they would be that prescriptive, because then it would appear they control the NFL.  They don't, and I don't mean to allude they do.

But a company like ESPN probably looks at their ratings and their investment in NFL football and figures they can maximize their revenue if good players were in bigger markets.

Its just a few media types who are trying to stir the pot for what they think would make for a more interesting NFL for more people.  JMO