Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Most discouraging factor IMHO

Indeee

Is just the embarrassment factor. How the rest of the league perceives the Colts Organization, How our fans and other Football fans view us, etc...

I'm not going to harp on things wrong one way or another as there are other posts for that, however this franchise has been typically well run and proud and was considered to be a top notch club half a decade ago and now it's teetering as a laughing stock. This is what's discouraging for me.

I love Irsay through his faults as we all have our own and I love the Colts, I know it will get worked out eventually. I just hope it's sooner than later. Irsay, his daughters and Ballard need to have some serious "coming to the reality" moment very soon. Let's hope for that.

Go Colts

25 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Is just the embarrassment factor. How the rest of the league perceives the Colts Organization, How our fans and other Football fans view us, etc...

I'm not going to harp on things wrong one way or another as there are other posts for that, however this franchise has been typically well run and proud and was considered to be a top notch club half a decade ago and now it's teetering as a laughing stock. This is what's discouraging for me.

I love Irsay through his faults as we all have our own and I love the Colts, I know it will get worked out eventually. I just hope it's sooner than later. Irsay, his daughters and Ballard need to have some serious "coming to the reality" moment very soon. Let's hope for that.

Go Colts

Yeah. That's exactly what bothers me, as a fan of the team.

It's been like this for past few years, with embarrassing games on the field...

and more embarrassment off the field...  the weekly fiasco of all the mismanagement, dysfunction, secrecy and lies.

The coaching staff is going to lose, if they haven't already, the players confidence in the coaching staff's ability. That will be the most discouraging thing that will show up every week. They'll quit fighting if they don't think the staff gives them a chance to win. They'll be out there going through the motion but playing not to get hurt. 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Go Colts

Same here.   The final score is embarrassing.   People who seen none of the game couldn't even stretch to think maybe it was a closer game.   46-9!

Pagano avoiding Mack TD.   The replay is being played a bunch.    *!

Pagano mistakenly saying we got our as@ses kicked by the 49rs just adds to it.  

This happens to teams they have ups and downs. Yes I know the Pats and to a certain extent the Packers and Steelers have been able to avoid it but they are the exceptions.  

Still this is why so many people would tell those who complained about the Manning years for not winning enough to enjoy it because that type of success doesn't come along often.  The Colts had a Hall of Fame GM, Head Coach, and QB.  You don't get that combination very often.  So I hope if nothing else maybe this makes those who felt like the Manning years were wasted because they didn't win enough can appreciate them a little more now.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This happens to teams they have ups and downs. Yes I know the Pats and to a certain extent the Packers and Steelers have been able to avoid it but they are the exceptions.  

Still this is why so many people would tell those who complained about the Manning years for not winning enough to enjoy it because that type of success doesn't come along often.  The Colts had a Hall of Fame GM, Head Coach, and QB.  You don't get that combination very often.  So I hope if nothing else maybe this makes those who felt like the Manning years were wasted because they didn't win enough can appreciate them a little more now.

Totally agree.  Still, let's try to enjoy football even through this fiasco of a game.

If they come out next week and are competitive, people will come around. 

You can almost think of this team as a first year expansion team.  All new players on defense, an ever changing offensive line, and right now an unknown at QB.  It takes time for expansion teams to gel.

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Totally agree.  Still, let's try to enjoy football even through this fiasco of a game.

If they come out next week and are competitive, people will come around. 

You can almost think of this team as a first year expansion team.  All new players on defense, an ever changing offensive line, and right now an unknown at QB.  It takes time for expansion teams to gel.

This is not an expansion team.    That is an excuse for their play.  

This is a poorly coached NFL team.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Same here.   The final score is embarrassing.   People who seen none of the game couldn't even stretch to think maybe it was a closer game.   46-9!

Pagano avoiding Mack TD.   The replay is being played a bunch.    *!

Pagano mistakenly saying we got our as@ses kicked by the 49rs just adds to it.  

With the worst fake punt execution in NFL history still in people's memory.

I've said for a while now that the Colts have taken the  moniker of  "Laughing Stock" of the league away from the Browns. And I still maintain that statement. And you can say who cares what anybody thinks all you want. It's a pride thing. And the fact that this team has been viewd in such a negative limelight the last few years has been flat out EMBARRASSING. The Colts have literally become the running joke of the NFL. And it hurts.....

Today is the first day since the Pats game with the wacky fake punt that we're getting roasted as badly as we are today by the national media. From the margin of loss to a "bad" team, to mostly Pagano saying 49ers.....It's bad. I'd prefer to be unnoticed to this. The past two seasons (save for Pat's punt call) we have been just that. But now we're getting into Browns territory. Hopefully we can somehow win next week and quiet everyone down...

And yes I know this is "overreaction Monday" so that's part of it, especially after week 1. Heck the Jags are leading the South. Everything is still on the table. But the optics of Pagano saying 49ers, combined with the non challenge, etc...It's a bad look for the organization. Add in the mess with Grigson, Deflategate, Luck's injury and the silence around it, the bad record since 2015, and we've fallen quite far from beating Denver and going to the 2014 AFCC

1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I've said for a while now that the Colts have taken the  moniker of  "Laughing Stock" of the league away from the Browns. And I still maintain that statement. And you can say who cares what anybody thinks all you want. It's a pride thing. And the fact that this team has been viewd in such a negative limelight the last few years has been flat out EMBARRASSING. The Colts have literally become the running joke of the NFL. And it hurts.....

The Browns had a competitive game against the Steelers.  The Colts got lit up by the worst offense in the NFL last year.  My worry is while firing Pagano now is pointless, because the replacement most likely will be in house, but the longer this continues, the worse this could get.  At the very least, we need some sort of turnaround and the young players need to continue to improve.  I don't want to just waste a year of development because the team has completely lost faith in the coach.  

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I agree,  teams you mentioned have their fair share of ups and downs but at least they are competent enough to fix their issues.  The problem with our coaching staff, namely Pagano, is that they are stubborn. Perhaps they are stubborn because they are inept.

I was a supporter of him for years but after watching the Colts get decimated by the Rams, I have to jump the "Fire Pagano" bandwagon. Sorry but I'm done getting my hopes high with this coaching staff. 

42 minutes ago, Corndog said:

The Browns had a competitive game against the Steelers.  The Colts got lit up by the worst offense in the NFL last year.  My worry is while firing Pagano now is pointless, because the replacement most likely will be in house, but the longer this continues, the worse this could get.  At the very least, we need some sort of turnaround and the young players need to continue to improve.  I don't want to just waste a year of development because the team has completely lost faith in the coach.  

At the very least maybe starting Brissett next week could be a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

This is not an expansion team.    That is an excuse for their play.  

This is a poorly coached NFL team.  

Obviously, you don't understand what I'm saying.  So, tell me, what's the difference between the defense of an expansion team on their first game and the Colts defense on their first game?

I'm not arguing it's poorly coached.  That's a fact.  I'm not making an excuse, I'm making an analogy. 

That sorry excuse for a pass route Hilton ran on the 2nd int return.

No attempt to sell anything, he just casually drifted. Pure garbage.

I missed the 1st run back. So i will be looking to see who was out there.

He needs to stick to the slot if he is going to pull that nonsense. And KILL US in the run game there!

I thought, or at least hoped we would make a game of it. Seems like we often get in trouble with young unproven QBs, but then later on we'll face teams with QBs like Aaron Rodgers and play them tough. 

Minus the interceptions, Goff's offense accounted for 30 points...  

Thank god this is only the beginning of the season. There is still time for the players to gel and improve. We really need to put our rookies out there and let them get some experience. Keeping Wilson on the sideline is tragic. 

I knew the offense was going to bad... I just hoped the defense would have been able to carry the team for once. 

35 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

At the very least maybe starting Brissett next week could be a step in the right direction.

If he doesn't start, then we know it's tank city.

Tolzien really does have the same throwing motion as Uncle Rico, doesn't he?