Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Open to Going to the Pats [Merge]

Smonroe

That would be a good landing spot for him, now that Edwards is gone.

Yeah Smith needs help. I love what Harbaugh has done there. I could deal with him in SF.

Then again as for the NE thing we don't even know if this happens. I wish it was not even being talked about though.

Reggie leaving for NE would feel like a knife in the back. I do want him back because I do believe he has at least 1-2 more productive years left in him. The fact that he almost broke a thousand with grandpa Collins and Paintervision throwing to him for most of the season says something imo.

Im surprised no one posted this yet.

I haven’t heard anything from them yet, so maybe I am not as important on the chain of command as I should be.”

This was said like a couple days ago i believe so it isnt like he just said it but the guy is not making it easy for the colts to sign him with the way he's talking.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/12/reggie-wayne-hasnt-heard-from-colts-open-to-playing-for-patriots/

To be honest i dont think wayne can offer the colts anything that they cant get off the open market especially at his age

Why does he keep talking? No one has heard Mathis say a word about his contract situation. Wayne keeps talking and making a huge deal out of it and acting like an annoying prima donna. Reggie isn't a top 5 WR, and he's close to falling out of the top 10. The more he talks, the more annoyed I get. He isn't the only free agent on the team, but he is drawing attention to himself like mad

If they want speed why do they want Reggie?

Pats need a vertical threat, yes. But they also could use more productivity from the Deion Branch WR position that they are not getting.

If the Pats decide to let go of both Ocho Cinco and Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd and Reggie Wayne will easily upgrade both those spots, IMO. Let us not short sell Reggie. If the QB looks for him underneath, Reggie is one of those reliable ones that gets open.

Knowing Belichick, like he got Welker from the Dolphins, he gets those who have done well against him. Reggie almost got 1000 yards with Painter and Orlovsky throwing to him, he still has a couple of good years left in him at best and the Pats would be best equipped to take advantage of that, especially if Peyton cannot go.

Btw, the Pats did not lose because they did not have the vertical threat. They lost, because Gronkowski was hurt and they could not exploit the seams as well. When the Pats did have the vertical threat in Moss, they became more predictable than the underneath 2 TE combo, and Brady's INTs in the playoffs went up, you can look it up.

I remember Brackett playing this trick "I might even go to the Pats" and got rewarded by an overpaid contract from the Polians. Not going to happen with Grigson, hopefully. A one year franchise tag at best for Wayne.

Why does he keep talking? No one has heard Mathis say a word about his contract situation. Wayne keeps talking and making a huge deal out of it and acting like an annoying prima donna. Reggie isn't a top 5 WR, and he's close to falling out of the top 10. The more he talks, the more annoyed I get. He isn't the only free agent on the team, but he is drawing attention to himself like mad

Frankly id like to see Wayne cut. Guys a boob. Prima Donna.

Pats need a vertical threat, yes. But they also could use more productivity from the Deion Branch WR position that they are not getting.

If the Pats decide to let go of both Ocho Cinco and Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd and Reggie Wayne will easily upgrade both those spots, IMO. Let us not short sell Reggie. If the QB looks for him underneath, Reggie is one of those reliable ones that gets open.

Knowing Belichick, like he got Welker from the Dolphins, he gets those who have done well against him. Reggie almost got 1000 yards with Painter and Orlovsky throwing to him, he still has a couple of good years left in him at best and the Pats would be best equipped to take advantage of that, especially if Peyton cannot go.

Btw, the Pats did not lose because they did not have the vertical threat. They lost, because Gronkowski was hurt and they could not exploit the seams as well. When the Pats did have the vertical threat in Moss, they became more predictable than the underneath 2 TE combo, and Brady's INTs in the playoffs went up, you can look it up.

I remember Brackett playing this trick "I might even go to the Pats" and got rewarded by an overpaid contract from the Polians. Not going to happen with Grigson, hopefully. A one year franchise tag at best for Wayne.

That's all true, but what doesn't fit is that the Pats don't give out big contracts. Especially to older vets. I can't see how Reggie is willing to go there on an incentive or lower scale contract. He's at the end of his career and wants to get as much as possible. Can't blame him.

That's all true, but what doesn't fit is that the Pats don't give out big contracts. Especially to older vets. I can't see how Reggie is willing to go there on an incentive or lower scale contract. He's at the end of his career and wants to get as much as possible. Can't blame him.

If the Colts give him a 2 yr. $12 mil. contract and the Pats or Cardinals give him the same, it might be a Jake Scott like case where he might go elsewhere just because he did not want to take that same lesser money with the Colts. We will see if that is how it plays out. All I can say is "Remember the Titans", who I also think need WR help. :)

I would not put it past Jeff Fisher to go after Wayne to get Sam Bradford some help, now that Fisher is with the Rams and they play indoors too, NFC West seems very likely - Rams, Cardinals or 49ers.

I really doubt they'd sign him, they need a speed receiver. They already went the old vet route with 85 and that didn't work out too well.

But, it looks like he won't be a Colt next year anyway.

http://profootballta...g-for-patriots/

It all depends on whether Manning is back...

...and I would guess that no veteran player has been contacted...

has anybody been resigned for next season?

..Until we clear up Mannings big money situation.....everything is on hold.

Reggie knows that.

As long as we're all postulating and pontificating...

I've seen Prima Donna's and Reggie is not one of them. It's too early for the Colts to be contacting players. Their contracts don't even expire for a month.

I predict the Colts re-sign Reggie to 3 or 4 year 8 mil/yr. Just look at whom he outperformed last year without a significant QB. 75 receptions and just shy of 1000 yards. He's never been a speedster. He's a quintessential route runner. His hands and durability is as good as it gets. He's one of the best of the free agents. The Colts need a speedster opposite him to force double teams. Garcon? Ah'm not sure. There are a lot of good wide out FA's this year. The Colts should capitalize.

As long as we're all postulating and pontificating...

I've seen Prima Donna's and Reggie is not one of them. It's too early for the Colts to be contacting players. Their contracts don't even expire for a month.

I predict the Colts re-sign Reggie to 3 or 4 year 8 mil/yr. Just look at whom he outperformed last year without a significant QB. 75 receptions and just shy of 1000 yards. He's never been a speedster. He's a quintessential route runner. His hands and durability is as good as it gets. He's one of the best of the free agents. The Colts need a speedster opposite him to force double teams. Garcon? Ah'm not sure. There are a lot of good wide out FA's this year. The Colts should capitalize.

Totally agree. I don't get all this "prima donna" talk, Reggie has always been a class guy.

I also agree with everything else you said, except about the Colts re-signing him.

I actually don't mind if Reggie talks a little right now. He is part of this team too and has been a huge part of it. People tend to ignore the other great pieces we have had/and do have not named Peyton.

I am not sure he will be with the Colts or Pats like someone said. He will get a better contract somewhere else.

cause he is a Wide Receiver and 97% of them are all divas

Honestly, if Peyton leaves the Colts this rivalry is all but done anyway. It was mostly Brady vs. Manning.

It has already started to fizzle out in recent years anyway with most of the Pats hate going towards the Jets. And now they might be more focused on hating teams like the Ravens/Steelers.

I have to say one thing. You either like Reggie or you do not. If I am 34 yrs old and a wide receiver in the NFL, I would say I wouldn't want to play for ANY team. Get the best deal that someone will give you for an aging WR.

That said, like Manning I would like to have him back!

Frankly id like to see Wayne cut. Guys a boob. Prima Donna.

Yeah lets the most productve offensive weapon and most consistent weapon on offense go right when a rookie is coming in!

Ideally I would like to get Reggie on a 2-3 year deal and draft a rookie WR this year to learn and then be able to step up after Reggie's contract expires.

He may talk a lot but the guy is easily our best weapon on offense and he showed it by putting up almost 1000 yards with Curtis Freaking Painter throwing him the ball.

The Pats would get a steal if they got Reggie. Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez in the middle with Reggie on the outside would be insane.