Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you still be a Colts fan if they moved to another city?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still stay with the Colts although I have never been near Indianapolis in my life.

Now I have seen them play/stayed up to 4am to watch them, they are now my team.....

As for a London team, I think if it goes ahead I think it is most likely to be Jacksonville, but  it would be good if the colts came over to play them from time to time.

I grew up in Indiana and was a freshman in HS when they moved to Indy.  I moved to Ohio in 2012.  As a Purdue Alum I swore I never would be an OSU fan, but it really hasn't been that hard to like Ohio State (football and wrestling) I root for them and I am still an avid Purdue fan.  

As far as the Colts, my knee jerk reaction would be, no I won't follow the Colts to a city in another state.  But after further consideration I think I would have to root for them.  I like the Irsay's, I really like Chris Ballard and I like how the organization is ran.  Even though Jim can be a little weird at times.

However, if another team moved to Indy or the league is expanded and includes a team for Indy I would most definitely have to become a fan of the new team.   

So my short answer is (lol), I would root for the Colts and the new team just as I root for Purdue and OSU.  Its a little different since I moved and not the organization but the allegiance theme is the same.

Back in about 2000, I honestly thought that they could be moving to Los Angeles as there were some rumblings among fanbases and forums back then.  This was before Lucas Oil was planned.  I was determined to root for the LA Colts (man, that was weird even typing it) and go to at least a game every other year.  

Yes, I'd still root for the Colts.  

On 8/2/2017 at 5:44 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Inb4someonesaystheyalreadydidthat

But seriously, if the modern day Colts moved to another city, would you still be a fan of them?

Me? I would be. Its the team I grew up with. 

Already lived through that scenario and I'm still here.  I have more of a personal connection to Baltimore than Indy as B-more is my birth town.  Thus, the Colts moving from Indy would have no impact on my continued Colts fandom. 

Fortunately for you guys the Colts leaving Indy isn't anything that you have to worry about anytime soon thanks to Peyton Manning.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:42 PM, horseshoepower said:

I've never lived in Indiana, so it wouldn't matter to me. now the important thing is the uniforms need to stay the same!

Yes very important!  If they had ditched the Colts name, logo and uniform when they moved to Indy I'd probably be a Ravens or  expansion Baltimore Colts fan by now.  lol 

18 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yes very important!  If they had ditched the Colts name, logo and uniform when they moved to Indy I'd probably be a Ravens or  expansion Baltimore Colts fan by now.  lol 

If they ditched the shoe and Colts name I'd then become a casual football fan.

Basically watch whatever's on and root for no one.

But as long as they're the Colts with the shoe I'm good, anything else I'm out as an nfl fan. I'd then be a 'football' fan with no allegiance.