Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Once Again The Prediction For The Pats Is Super Bowl

King Colt

So the Football Never Ending Story continues for the 2017 with the Pats going to and most likely winning 53 in the minds of the sports writers. What's the definition of insanity? Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I still pick the Raiders in 17 for what it's worth.

You pick against them since it gets boring. I mean someone has to rise up and challenge this pathetic conference.

The reason people like the Raiders is because they have a QB. Now they just have to improve defensively and run the ball better when up by a lot of points. 

And Brady despite his uber OMG greatness will be 40 years old. Yes he looks young though compared to some that never aged as well at QB. But, you have to wonder when father time and logic finally goes against him maybe. Then again Brady is known for that clean healthy organic diet and probably gets supermodel tips for being an age less soul from his wife.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

You pick against them since it gets boring. I mean someone has to rise up and challenge this pathetic conference.

The reason people like the Raiders is because they have a QB. Now they just have to improve defensively and run the ball better when up by a lot of points. 

And Brady despite his uber OMG greatness will be 40 years old. Yes he looks young though compared to some that never aged as well at QB. But, you have to wonder when father time and logic finally goes against him maybe. Then again Brady is known for that clean healthy organic diet and probably gets supermodel tips for being an age less soul from his wife.

I think he's got 2 more years, then the cliff.  I don't think he will just fall off overnight.  I think he'll have one more season like this season.  Then next year a decline, but still pretty good.  Then I think that last season he hits the wall and retires.  Those short timing throws help him.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

So the Football Never Ending Story continues for the 2017 with the Pats going to and most likely winning 53 in the minds of the sports writers. What's the definition of insanity? Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I still pick the Raiders in 17 for what it's worth.

Lol I'm the saltiest I've been against the NFL.. ever since that crap bowl 25 point lead debacle I think I've really given up football for a few years. I just don't even care like I used to. "Crown their *es already" hahah

That nonstop motion-5 yard out-7 yard hook route-lets get rid of pro bowl player because everybody on the team is interchangeable-we still win games without the greatest QB to ever breath playing-we don't make mistakes-team will forever be there..

Rant Over 

9 hours ago, Jules said:

That might be why they seem against trading Jimmy G. Even mentioning they might slap the franchise tag on him next yr. Its either a ploy to up his value, or they are actually looking out for their own future. Time will tell. 

14 hours ago, Jules said:

I have been expecting Brady's steady decline for the past couple of years, but after last year I am wondering exactly what that decline is going to look like. Brady's game relies on very little of the "raw athleticism" that the game demands of players at other positions. His main strength is his ability to diagnose and read defenses, and check into a better play when necessary. He's not out there outrunning linebackers or throwing it 50 yards in the air off his back foot. So while he will surely get incrementally slower, he is not likely to decline mentally. As long as he remains a 40 something guy in excellent shape who still has a burning competitive passion for the game, I expect he'll be able to play QB at a really high level...maybe not the same level as last year, but hell...most teams would kill for 75% of Tom Brady versus whoever they currently have at QB.

15 hours ago, Jules said:

I am to the point now where I could care less if they win or lose, being serious. Everyone in the media and most fans already think Tom is the GOAT and better than Peyton, everyone thinks BB is the Greatest Coach too. So if they win, they win. It wont even bother me anymore after this last SB. If they win 7 or 8 so be it, at least they will keep other QB's who aren't better than Luck from getting an easier Ring. Just like Russell Wilson lost to them (Wilson does have 1 Ring though but it could've been 2), Matt Ryan lost to them. I predict a Repeat and I never make predictions before the Draft, I usually wait until after but they are miles better than everyone in the AFC. Carr isn't beating that team with the Defense he has, if Luck couldn't do it in 2014 he isn't doing it lmao 

Tom might as well pull a Jordan and go for #6!

12 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

That might be why they seem against trading Jimmy G. Even mentioning they might slap the franchise tag on him next yr. Its either a ploy to up his value, or they are actually looking out for their own future. Time will tell. 

I thought Jimmy G looked pretty smooth, but we really didn't get a huge sample size on him either. Steve Young 2.0 on the horizon? Bill B winning a title with Jimmy someday to make himself the official GOAT of the NFL?

7 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

I have been expecting Brady's steady decline for the past couple of years, but after last year I am wondering exactly what that decline is going to look like. Brady's game relies on very little of the "raw athleticism" that the game demands of players at other positions. His main strength is his ability to diagnose and read defenses, and check into a better play when necessary. He's not out there outrunning linebackers or throwing it 50 yards in the air off his back foot. So while he will surely get incrementally slower, he is not likely to decline mentally. As long as he remains a 40 something guy in excellent shape who still has a burning competitive passion for the game, I expect he'll be able to play QB at a really high level...maybe not the same level as last year, but hell...most teams would kill for 75% of Tom Brady versus whoever they currently have at QB.

I am not saying Brady is going to fall off a cliff. In fact I am sort of amazed he still looks so good and did last year. I have to say, I am curious if the 4 game suspension did help keep him fresher and stronger for a big SB run though. If you all think Brady looks tired next year and needs a few games off then hit us up with a new scandal. Call Irsay, he is open minded but I doubt Ballard would be.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom might as well pull a Jordan and go for #6!

I would rather he kinda just stop at #5? But, IMO Tom will win #6 next year or else that might be it since a year later will be even tougher.

Pretty sure the Pats are going all in this year for the repeat and thats a big reason they got Cooks from the Saints.

However, it is tough to repeat in the NFL.......it just is.........Atlanta won't be back in the SB either, SB losers have it even tougher. The NFC though is too wildly unpredictable, but the AFC is pretty darn predictable sadly. The NFC is so unpredictable at times even someone in the middle there like the Eagles could shock us and win the NFC for all we know.

IF Brady don't make it in then maybe it is the Steelers too since often over time we have had the Brady/Manning/Big Ben patterns in various ways. So is it Big Ben's turn since it was Manning and then Brady and now it's him? lmao 

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:58 AM, Jules said:

IF Brady don't make it in then maybe it is the Steelers too since often over time we have had the Brady/Manning/Big Ben patterns in various ways. So is it Big Ben's turn since it was Manning and then Brady and now it's him? lmao 

lol if it wasn't for Flacco we are seriously going back to Rich Gannon on '03.. just sick

17 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol if it wasn't for Flacco we are seriously going back to Rich Gannon on '03.. just sick

I am curious to see if this pattern holds true. I mean the Brady/Big Ben/Manning one in either order. Since Manning is retired it's Brady and then Big Ben? 

I can sort of understand why some are hoping for the Raiders including me (if the Colts can't do it of course). Since seeing Derek Carr as the QB representing the AFC in the Super Bowl WOULD be refreshing.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:50 AM, Jules said:

I am curious to see if this pattern holds true. I mean the Brady/Big Ben/Manning one in either order. Since Manning is retired it's Brady and then Big Ben? 

I can sort of understand why some are hoping for the Raiders including me (if the Colts can't do it of course). Since seeing Derek Carr as the QB representing the AFC in the Super Bowl WOULD be refreshing.

I just thought about this.. last team to respresent AFC superbowl not named colts, pats, broncos, steelers, (manning, brady, big ben) ravens... the freaking Raiders... lol never ends

6 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I just thought about this.. last team to respresent AFC superbowl not named colts, pats, broncos, steelers, (manning, brady, big ben) ravens... the freaking Raiders... lol never ends

you needed an elite QB to win in the afc during the brady/manning era.  manning always had tons of weapons on offense too, while brady has the best coach ever

at least its not the nba, where the east is dominated by a single player

Patriots made a lot of "win now" moves this off-season despite the fact that they are SB champs.

Signed Gilmore, Traded the farm for Brandin Cooks.

I'm guessing it will pay off for them.  But it also makes me wonder why they are making all the win now moves.  They've never acted like that before.

Perhaps Brady communicated that this is his last season and he wants to go out with one more ring and Belichek is trying to absolutely sure that happens.  

8 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Patriots made a lot of "win now" moves this off-season despite the fact that they are SB champs.

I'm guessing it will pay off for them.  But it also makes me wonder why they are making all the win now moves.  They've never acted like that before.

Perhaps Brady communicated that this is his last season and he wants to go out with one more ring and Belichek is trying to absolutely sure that happens.  

I don't think trading the 32 pick and swapping their third for the saints fourth is "trading the farm"

11 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Cooks is more of a replacement plan for Amendola & Edelman as they are getting older. 

Amendola is injury prone and Edelman has been banged up.

5 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Cooks is more of a replacement plan for Amendola & Edelman as they are getting older. 

I didn't say the move didn't make sense from a football prospective.  I'm just surprised that they gave up that much in order to get him.  

Here's my opinion what NE is doing.

BB as a GM has had more 2nd round picks than any other teams over recent years. The other teams started following suit.

Now the trend is to trade draft picks for young players with proven experience. Actually makes sense since draft picks can bust.

This is part of the reason what NE is doing this year.

2nd if you're riding a wave why bust it- improve even more and keep riding that winning wave.

3rd. Is NE going for it all this year. Sure but I don't think it's because BB is retiring anytime soon. Brady who knows so yeah I would say that's part of the thinking.  But it's not  the same other teams have done in the past where they haven't won a SB recently and trade for "older" veteran stars...something like what Denver did.

BB got younger players which is sorta like a draft pick without the risk other than the usual risks-injury etc.

On 4/28/2017 at 8:11 AM, Valpo2004 said:

I didn't say the move didn't make sense from a football prospective.  I'm just surprised that they gave up that much in order to get him.  

Cooks is only 23... the downside is they only get him for 2 years before he's due for a new deal, but the upside is that no one they could have picked at #32 would have been as NFL-ready as him. 

I bet every GM in the league would have made this deal. Last pick in the first round for a 23-year-old up-and-comer? 

On 4/21/2017 at 9:28 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

ever since that crap bowl 25 point lead debacle I think I've really given up football for a few years.

It's hard to watch the Superbowl when the Pats play.  I am a nervous wreck until the final seconds tick off the clock.  I think those Giants games took a few months off my life.  The ones they one did too.  The last two, I was simply staring at the television with my mouth wide open -- I could not believe how the game ended.  I keep hoping for a Pats blowout from start to finish so I can relax, celebrate, and have fun.

That said, I do not know how anyone could complain about the games they have played in.  Win or lose, these were among the closest games in playoff history.  We were treated to amazing play and unbelievable plays.

As for predictions, I ALWAYS predict the Pats will go undefeated and win the Big Game.  I never put money on it.  If I were betting money, I would bet against the Pats simply because there is a better chance one of the other 31 teams will prevail, BUT if you asked me to pick one single team to win it all, there is no doubt I would pick the Pats.  With a little waterboarding, I suspect almost everyone would.

I can't wait for the games to begin.  I hate listening to the talking heads this time of year.  I really wish talk radio would replace their pontificators with former players and uber (not the taxi) fans.  I just want to hear people gush over great plays and crushing defeats.  I would be VERY happy to never hear another rumor or leaked anything.

Let's play some football!

14 hours ago, wizwor said:

It's hard to watch the Superbowl when the Pats play.  I am a nervous wreck until the final seconds tick off the clock.  I think those Giants games took a few months off my life.  The ones they one did too.  The last two, I was simply staring at the television with my mouth wide open -- I could not believe how the game ended.  I keep hoping for a Pats blowout from start to finish so I can relax, celebrate, and have fun.

You're telling me. Exactly my feelings

On 4/21/2017 at 5:19 PM, Bad Morty said:

As long as Belichick is only asking Brady to hand it off, throw a few short safe passes, maybe toss one up to Gronk over the middle, and occasionally find a wide open Chris Hogan 40 yds downfield for a TD, then Brady can probably keep going another 5 years.

The wear and tear on his throwing arm/shoulder may eventually get to him, but the Pats can limit his reps in the off-season and game-plan to minimize his attempts.  

But why not make them the SB favorite?  If the Pats play good defense, and run their way to a SB, then they can cut Brady loose and watch him set a record slinging it 60 or 70 times...  again...

:Gaah:

On April 28, 2017 at 1:12 AM, IcEWoLF said:

That's kind of an unfair criticism of Julian IWF since WR Wes Welker tutored him/molded him & Welker's last SB appearance was in 2013 as a Bronco vs the Seahawks. 

Julian has been a special teams/slot receiver stud for the Pats ever since Welker left Boston for Colorado. True, you did say 'banged up' as opposed to being unavailable in the playoffs. Edelman has pretty much been a iron man WR when the post season lights are the brightest. 

I guess I don't subscribe to the inference that Edelman injuries are interfering with the Patriots longterm goals: Lombardi Championships plural. 

On May 2, 2017 at 9:53 AM, GoPats said:

Cooks is only 23... the downside is they only get him for 2 years before he's due for a new deal, but the upside is that no one they could have picked at #32 would have been as NFL-ready as him. 

I bet every GM in the league would have made this deal. Last pick in the first round for a 23-year-old up-and-comer? 

Hey there GP, 

I miss you around here man. BB is a great GM who always gives Brady an above average defense that stops opposing offenses when they absolutely have to. I like that Bill never forgets what he is & how he cut his teeth & became a household name as a DC for the NY Giants. Stop the offense & win the darn game when the weather gets cold, damp, & nasty. 

On April 21, 2017 at 11:58 PM, Jules said:

If you all think Brady looks tired next year and needs a few games off then hit us up with a new scandal. Call Irsay, he is open minded but I doubt Ballard would be.

I know you are being slightly sarcastic there there Jules, which is fine & funny at the same time which I will give you props for. However, Patriots fans should feel no animosity toward INDY, our former GM, & Deflate Gate at all.

Even Manning said at his retirement speech in Denver, that NE should 'hate to see me go since Foxboro won a lot of games against me' & by definition the Colts organization. Renewed contempt or anger against any AFC foe only gains traction when your club proves that they can beat NE consistently & make the matchup a real rivalry. Right now, NE has the upper hand. 

Welcome a foe with open arms & don't view them as a threat until they literally become one. 

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I know you are being slightly sarcastic there there Jules, which is fine & funny at the same time which I will give you props for. However, Patriots fans should feel no animosity toward INDY, our former GM, & Deflate Gate at all.

Even Manning said at his retirement speech in Denver, that NE should 'hate to see me go since Foxboro won a lot of games against me' & by definition the Colts organization. Renewed contempt or anger against any AFC foe only gains traction when your club proves that they can beat NE consistently & make the matchup a real rivalry. Right now, NE has the upper hand. 

Welcome a foe with open arms & don't view them as a threat until they literally become one. 

While I don't think the Patriots have a problem with the Colts but the Patriot fans and the media still do.

Ravens and the Raiders are still the best bet to dethrone the Patriots in the AFC. Just have to hope both of them end up playing the Patriots in some order. But first things first, the AFC West needs to put a hurt on the Patriots to deny them the #1 seed in the AFC.

Colts, your guess is as good as mine. We first have to show we can beat an AFC powerhouse team like the Steelers or Patriots at home. Maybe Luck can go empty backfield like Brady, spread the LBs around and sling it...upon second thought, maybe not. :scratch:

I really have no reason to believe they wont Repeat. Anymore them winning is getting so redundant that it doesn't even bother me near as much when they win. It used to bother me bigtime because we had the whole Peyton/Brady rivalry but since Peyton is retired, Peyton doesn't have the ability to stop Brady now from getting to the SB. Peyton at least can say he was 3-1 in Championship games vs Brady which nobody else even comes close to that, of course Eli was 2-0 as well (SB's). The Colts aren't ready yet IMO to take that next step and beat the Patriots so if they win it again, they win it again LOL. Almost everyone in the media has labeled Brady the GOAT anyway so no matter what else he does, does it really matter? The only thing at this point I do not want them to do is go undefeated and win it all, all we would hear then is how they are the greatest team ever. We already hear how Brady and BB are the GOAT's every day we tune into sports, that is enough in itself.

20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

As long as Belichick is only asking Brady to hand it off, throw a few short safe passes, maybe toss one up to Gronk over the middle, and occasionally find a wide open Chris Hogan 40 yds downfield for a TD, then Brady can probably keep going another 5 years.

This is so true... nobody can hit him because the routes are too short. And this offence has looked the same for 10 years and nobody can stop it.. or replicate it for some odd reason.. but oh well it's magic.

I also won't see them repeat because I refuse to watch haha. I mean opening night is unwatchable.. blood fest. Let's watch em hang on banner 5.. if they have room that is..then lets watch good ole alex smith (and who else do they have on offense?) Take on the mighty Patriots. The Muskets are gonna be going off all night long..

I expect we'll repeat until Ernie Adams retires. Sorry. It's amazing the separation a team can get when it knows what the opponent is likely to do in any given situation, despite the level playing field with player athletic ability, coaching, work ethic, etc.. Brady's awareness garnered over the years doesn't hurt either.