Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets to release Revis

Maybe he ends up back in New England on a discount? If they bring back Butler that likely means they let Logan Ryans go.  Who knows maybe bring in Peterson on a discount too and have him replace Blount. NE always seems to convince vets to take a discount and play there.

Honestly Revis will be the last true shut down corner ever.  The way NFL is now with offense and ticky tack calls on defense.  There will never be another true shut down corner.  So with that said he is too old and we need young tall DB!! 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:35 PM, dgambill said:

Maybe he ends up back in New England on a discount? If they bring back Butler that likely means they let Logan Ryans go.  Who knows maybe bring in Peterson on a discount too and have him replace Blount. NE always seems to convince vets to take a discount and play there.

LOL- wouldn't be surprised but I kinda of doubt it. I think they like Logan and have put time in working with him.

3 hours ago, -JJ- said:

LOL- wouldn't be surprised but I kinda of doubt it. I think they like Logan and have put time in working with him.

I think they like him too but can you pay both he and Malcom what they are worth on the open market...kinda think it will be one or the other.

If it weren't for his recent felonies, then maybe, not at CB though. He was pretty bad last year, and like it has been said before, you don't get better as you age. But if the criminal stuff went away and he made the move to safety, still maybe, wouldn't hurt to get another veteran to go along with Adams if he is resigned.

43 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If he wasn't so tackle-shy nowadays, I'd say maybe bring him in at safety for a year or 2, but he doesn't seem to like the contact anymore.

Looking back on his career he has never been to keen on contact.

He was just one of the best at covering not hitting.

He'd probably be an improvement at the #2 position, I don't think he'd be willing to play for that money.  I'm guessing someone will take a shot on him as a #1.  

If not then he will try a 1 year prove it contract to see if he can earn that money.

But he's past his prime.  There is no more Revis island anymore.  

Also I'm not sure we should do it because the idea generally speaking is that we need to get younger.  Signing older past their prime players for a championship run cost us.  At this point if we made a policy to not sign any new players over the age of 30 unless they where a kicker, punter, or backup quarterback I would be ok with that policy.  

On 3/2/2017 at 1:13 PM, -JJ- said:

Someone's going to throw more money at Logan Ryan than the Patriots. Possibly Detroit (GM is a former Belichick guy). I think he's the least likely of their free agents to be returning. Eric Rowe can do a lot of the same things on bigger receivers, and they won't pay Ryan a ton to be a slot corner. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, GoPats said:

Someone's going to throw more money at Logan Ryan than the Patriots. Possibly Detroit (GM is a former Belichick guy). I think he's the least likely of their free agents to be returning. Eric Rowe can do a lot of the same things on bigger receivers, and they won't pay Ryan a ton to be a slot corner. 

Ah- I know NE would pay a lot but if someone throws him a good sum- yeah he's gone :)