Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Interview on NFL Network 01/21/2017

BlueShoe

Reggie just had a very interesting interview on NFL Network.

TD asked Reggie if he could give us an example of an interaction he had with Grigson that he really didn't like. Reggie explained that Ryan Grigson didn't even have a real conversation with him until around week 11 or week 12 of Grigson's first year (2012). Grigson would walk past Reggie in the hallway and not say anything. Reggie said Grigson was arrogant and that he tried to manage everyone through fear, and there was a lot of things he did that was a little awkward. Reggie said Pat hit it right on the head (with his comments - tweets).

This is exactly what we thought was happening last year, and this is why Pagano is still here. 

Players love Pagano, and they couldn't stand Ryan Grigson.

And you have to give Jim Irsay credit. He did not want to make any changes, and he gave Grigson all the chances he could. 

Just now, csmopar said:

Yeah but how does that explain the crap play on the field? Was he forcing Chuck into certain game plans?

Have you ever worked for a terrible boss, who bullied everyone around with his power?

How would/did you perform?

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

True true but I don't get paid millions to play a game

It doesn't matter how much you're getting paid. It's amazing to me that Chuck wanted to stay working here through all of that.

I believe we will see a completely new Chuck Pagano this year. He has to feel like a few hundred pounds have been lifted off of his shoulders.  

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

It doesn't matter how much you're getting paid. It's amazing to me that Chuck wanted to stay working here through all of that.

I believe we will see a completely new Chuck Pagano this year. He has to feel like a few hundred pounds have been lifted of of his shoulders.  

Let's get him some groceries so the man can cook.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I believe we will see a completely new Chuck Pagano this year. He has to feel like a few hundred pounds have been lifted off of his shoulders.  

So you think the players and coaches dilberately under performed to get rid of Grigson? It's an interesting theory and probably true. I'm simply curious as to how much Grigson was affecting the game performance 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

So you think the players and coaches dilberately under performed to get rid of Grigson? It's an interesting theory and probably true. I'm simply curious as to how much Grigson was affecting the game performance 

No. I don't think they deliberately under-performed. I just believe that players will not give their-all for someone they don't like. They play for Pagano and they love him. 

BTW, you didn't talk to Reggie until week 12?

Without Reggie and Mathis, two of Polian's players, you are not holding the winning lottery ticket you currently hold - your second contract. Without Polian's players - Reggie, Mathis, Pat and Vinatieri... what kind of clown show would Grigson have been?

23 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Unless he gets a brain transplant, he is going to be the same ol Chuck....kinda dumb. But hey, the players love him!

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

No. I don't think they deliberately under-performed. I just believe that players will not give their-all for someone they don't like. They play for Pagano and they love him. 

Yeah, those back to back 8-8 seasons are quite impressive.   Pagano was part of the problem.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

There is also the "healthy fear" factor. Ask Jonas Gray about how much Belichick is loved by the Pats players vs how much healthy fear they have. Ask Tim Tebow while you're at it. 

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

this is such a bad comment and so untrue

they don't play for pagano.  how can anyone say that after this season

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Yeah but how does that explain the crap play on the field? Was he forcing Chuck into certain game plans?

My question would be, what did Grigson do badly this season that he was doing before? I mean, the draft seemed to go well, didn't hear a peep from anyone about Grigson and conflicts or controlling behaviors and yet 1 season after giving Grigson a new 4 year contract, he fires Grigson yet the Pagano stooge is still here. I don't get it at all. 

12 minutes ago, dudeski said:

this is such a bad comment and so untrue

they don't play for pagano.  how can anyone say that after this season

That's being a bit dramatic.

I think it was a refusal to listen kind of thing. Pags and the other coaches have their style but need certain types of players to fit the bill. Grigson refuses and insists on finding players that he thinks are rock stars and will make him look good. If the restaurant isn't ordering the right ingredients you can't expect the chef to make his kind of meals.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

After all the comments from players I don't want to hear anymore defense of Grigson. Even though he's gone so many blind fans here tried everything to defend him. Now we have players telling us that he was a jerk and we see that people really didn't like him. 

I am one that always have Posted he was the much bigger problem than Chuck. We could do better than Chuck but just to get rid of Grigson made my day.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am one that always have Posted he was the much bigger problem than Chuck. We could do better than Chuck but just to get rid of Grigson made my day.

Agreed. It's just satisfying to know that the fans weren't wrong. I always got a bad vibe from him. Always seemed arrogant and stuck up. To have actual confirmation that what we all thought was indeed true is pretty telling. How many posters tried to tell us that Grigson was well respected around the league and could get another GM job if he was fired?

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

He did. I just replayed it. 

Reggie said he (Grigson) was almost like Deebo in there (Front Office). LOL :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

Reggie after 2014: Where's my new contract so I can keep playing for the shoe?

Grigson: What contract? 

Lol

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Unhealthy work environment.

you only need 1 bad apple.

i've seen how it spreads thru a company first hand. Its hard to stay focused and motivated when theres that type of animosity toward a high ranking exec. The company can die from a he inside out.... fast.

4 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I'm hoping we see a lighter, looser TEAM.  

I want Chuck to succeed , i really do.  Inhavent been thrilled about our w/l record and a few coaching decisions, but i think he improved this year.  And i was watching. May be irsay saw the problem(grigs) and i'm ok with this. 

I'll hope for the best rather than fear for the worst. 

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

He suffers from DITH (deer in the headlights)

This is my frustration with him. I like excitement too but controlled excitement. He does seem to love k lost at key moments.  Could just be an "eli face" thing he does when stressed too but who knows.

i think he was better this last year. One or two odd challenges or timeouts and the slow start thing. But if grigs was a butt, the team prob saw him right b4 kickoff.  That couldnt have helped.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

This is my frustration with him. I like excitement too but controlled excitement. He does seem to love k lost at key moments.  Could just be an "eli face" thing he does when stressed too but who knows.

i think he was better this last year. One or two odd challenges or timeouts and the slow start thing. But if grigs was a butt, the team prob saw him right b4 kickoff.  That couldnt have helped.

There's no doubt Grigson walked around with a heavy hand.  To pass Reggie Wayne in the hallway and not even acknowledge he exists is just too odd a behavior.  How could he think he is the all-mighty and get away with it?  Under Irsay he did it for 5 years and it just blows my mind. 

10 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

There's no doubt Grigson walked around with a heavy hand.  To pass Reggie Wayne in the hallway and not even acknowledge he exists is just too odd a behavior.  How could he think he is the all-mighty and get away with it?  Under Irsay he did it for 5 years and it just blows my mind. 

I know. Crazy

our average play makes a little more sense maybe. Besides the other problems. haha