Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Press Conference Discussion Thread

MTC

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

He said the new GM would decide for AFTER 2017 moving forward

Right, that's what I heard, too. What do we expect from a guy whose principal ability is being born into an NFL ownership? Irsay is the one who most needed to go and we are stuck with him. Every time he invokes The Horsehoe, I throw up in my mouth.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Yeah, bizarre. I don't get it. Grigson overall record before getting fired was deplorable. Last year's draft not too bad . What changed ? He gave him the extension before last season. Doesn't make any sense. Grigson arguably had a better year than Pagano last year and Irsay was adamant they were tied together. 

He's probably waiting on a coach he wants that's not available yet this year. 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's also not hard to improve on Pagano all he does is beat cruddy teams and get his *** kicked by good teams 

Look at what he had to work with... that is why we got rid of Grigson.

Sick of people giving credit to the players for winning but blaming the coaches for losing. Doesn't matter how great a game plan you have, if you don't execute you are going to lose. The roster has never been good enough to beat the good teams.

Pagano is coach for 2017.

New GM & Irsay will evaluate in 2017 for moving forward after 2017.

Manning was never in play for GM.  Irsay would like him in the organization down the road.   Manning is enjoying his freedom right now, less than one year removed from the SB win.

my live feed crapped out part way through the pressed, so I missed what was said about Gruden.

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

Sorry, but now it's even cloudier than ever. Who hires a GM and makes them give the incumbent another chance. Irsay contradicted a couple things already he said just last year when giving out extensions. 

It took him three weeks to make a mess even messier. Raye would seem the obvious choice now, but who knows what is going on in Irsay's confused head. The circus continues.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Look at what he had to work with... that is why we got rid of Grigson.

Sick of people giving credit to the players for winning but blaming the coaches for losing. Doesn't matter how great a game plan you have, if you don't execute you are going to lose. The roster has never been good enough to beat the good teams.

Despite that, Pagano has still made many mistakes and questionable decisions.  Things a player controls (eg. effort) fall on the players.  Things a coach controls (eg. gameplans) fall on the coach.  Pagano does not deserve to be our head coach anymore

I am OK with it. This is what I wanted to see happen after last season. 

Fire Grigson and keep Pagano.

Now Jimmy Raye and Irsay will look for a new GM, or just promote Jimmy Raye.

Either way, we win as fans. Grigson had too many failures and wasn't very well liked. The entire team will be lifted up from this. A big weight off everyone's shoulders. 

Just as Irsay said, this is a move we had to make. 

I'm glad Grigson was the one to go, I feel replacing him and keeping Pagano will give the better chance of turning the franchise around rather than the opposite. You have to have the players, and we just don't have the stars. I'm really not confident in Grigson drafting defense, so hopefully the new GM does better.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Despite that, Pagano has still made many mistakes and questionable decisions.  Things a player controls (eg. effort) fall on the players.  Things a coach controls (eg. gameplans) fall on the coach.  Pagano does not deserve to be our head coach anymore

No, he doesn't he's awful. 

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

What does Irsay see in Pagano as the right coach for this job? 

He sees how the players respond to Chuck Pagano. He sees how much they love playing for him. 

If the new GM can get Pagano the right players then he will be successful. We have witnessed him do it.

Just now, Buck Showalter said:

Some comments in this thread are border line ridiculous...

That was a solid presser from Irsay.

People have been calling for Irsay to cut ties with Grigson's, & when the guy finally hands down the walking papers, Irsay still gets 'flamed'???

Amazing...

I know, I am baffled by anyone being negative right now. This move was a good one for the team.

Just now, Buck Showalter said:

Some comments in this thread are border line ridiculous...

That was a solid presser from Irsay.

People have been calling for Irsay to cut ties with Grigson's, & when the guy finally hands down the walking papers, Irsay still gets 'flamed'???

Amazing...

He isn't getting called out for nothing. Everyone agrees Grigson should be gone . The presser left more questions than answers .