Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hope This Is Not True/ Irsay chooses grigson over gruden....(merge)

Coltsfan1284

24 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

So you come out in defense of the very guy who insults other poste rs and does these exact things on a daily basis?  Seems logical

First, I have not defended another member against you.

If you want to show your proof of that, please feel free.

I only asked you in as polite a way as possible to not make unreasonable requests of other members, when I ran across it.  If other mods go thorough the thread and hide messages and send warnings as they see fit, more power to them.  I might ask a fellow mod now to go through and do just that, as necessary.

As your off topic spat kept going, I asked you both (through their post!) to take it offline to email or IM in a reply to them.

Please do so post haste, for off topic conversations/spats, and don't comment any further on my moderation methods publicly again.

(Send an IM if you need to 'discuss' such items, thanks)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If it were true, there would be a report or record of it. Say you tell me unicorns existed.  I say no they did not.  You scream at me to prove that it is not true.  Now many erudite folks would simply reply "You can't prove a Negative."  I feel somewhat differently.  I'll say-

1. If unicorns existed, there would be proof in the fossil records.

2. There is no proof in the fossil records.

3. Therefore, unicorns did not exist.

So for the Irsay daughters assertions in disrupting / ruining the Manning / Gruden talks, or anything like that, same thing. There would be some record of it happening.

Written notes from a scribe at meetings

Tape Recording of the meetings / sessions

A 3rd party in person report, from one actually attending the meetings/conversations

Public admission from one of the parties involved in meeting / sessions / conversations.

Since none of this exists for the time being, then I deduce that it has not happened.  It's a false hood.  And I may also, since you have no proof it did happen, just speculation from no name sources, it is nonsense as well.  There.

The nature of an inductive argument is to make a conclusion probable, but it's not necessarily certain, given the truth of the premises.

Why do I expect the sun will rise in the East in the morning?
Why do I expect water to come out of the faucet when turned on rather than chocolate?  (Mmmmm!)
Why do I expect dinner at a restaurant to be tasty and satisfying and not kill me?

On and on...

In other words, we cannot dismiss inductive arguments because they produce conclusions that are probable but not definite.  We live by these daily.  And the amount of times you asked for such proof means you probably deserve this tl;dr tirade, and will be brought out in the future and maybe even expanded upon, to all that might badger other forum members into trying to prove a 'Negative" so they can pretend to have won the battle / argument. 

Dude we have unicorns up where I live in Canada. 

Video proof 

3 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Now that there's funny, seeing how 'opinion's' all you got going for yourself.

You got me...Im devastated now..The great and wise Buccolts has taught me a great lesson in humility...Ill never question anyone's opinion or think for myself again...I will forever follow the rose colored glasses, it could be worse, keep choppin wood, glass is half full herd of sheep...

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You got me...Im devastated now..The great and wise Buccolts has taught me a great lesson in humility...Ill never question anyone's opinion or think for myself again...I will forever follow the rose colored glasses, it could be worse, keep choppin wood, glass is half full herd of sheep...

There you go, seeing things that aren't there, again.

Just now, buccolts said:

There you go, seeing things that aren't there, again.

Dude just leave it. He's obviously not taking the hint. 

I'm just going to go with plan B and take a page out of his book. 

Until he can prove otherwise, he's Brad wells trolling around on this forum "covertly" trying to defend his own honor. :lol:

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

But you have been saying it was all morning

I have been saying it's a possibility. ..You act like it's impossible that Grigson could be the reason...Brad Wells isn't the most reliable guy I get that, but he is in the business, he is on the radio and knows people who know people Im sure...Im not saying it is or it isn't. ..All im saying as you don't know for sure it's false..Nobody knows, why is that so hard to understand..You are acting like you know for sure that's not the case and I'm saying maybe it is...

33 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Which honestly could be the reason...Nobody knows..You can't say it wasn't. ..I can't say it was..

But remember, lack of proof tips the needle over toward the 'it most likely didn't happen' side of the scale, not the it could have side.  So find some credible evidence to support that assertion, or it is more likely just imaginary speculation of those intent with having Irsay remove Grigson / Pagano at all costs.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But remember, lack of proof tips the needle over toward the 'it most likely didn't happen' side of the scale, not the it could have side.  So find some credible evidence to support that assertion, or it is more likely just imaginary speculation of those intent with having Irsay remove Grigson / Pagano at all costs.

Good lord..its speculation on your side too...You are speculating he doesn't have a source and you have no proof he doesn't. .He very well might have a source or know someone who does? Just because he doesn't give up his source doesn't mean it doesn't exist..Why is this so difficult to understand? Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it fact..I don't know either way and never said I did...

I feel like Irsay is directly responsible for this now raging dumpster fire...

If the rumors are true, did Irsay come up with this plan during the week 17 game against Jacksonville? Conversations with Jon & Peyton could have begun months ago. To begin a clandestine search for a GM or Coach in this manner, at this moment in time, leaving the F/O, fan base & media in this run amok speculation spiral, IMO, is poor stewardship of the franchise.

If the rumors are not true, allowing this calamity to persist in this way, is just as poor stewardship of the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I feel like Irsay is directly responsible for this now raging dumpster fire...

If the rumors are true, did Irsay come up with this plan during the week 17 game against Jacksonville? Conversations with Jon & Peyton could have begun months ago. To begin a clandestine search for a GM or Coach in this manner, at this moment in time, leaving the F/O, fan base & media in this run amok speculation spiral, IMO, is poor stewardship of the franchise.

If the rumors are not true, allowing this calamity to persist in this way, is just as poor stewardship of the franchise.

Conversations with Peyton may have occurred as early as November for the Super Bowl XLI reunion. Seems like a lot of people are just speculating when and where things occurred when we really don't have that much details besides the fact that talks occurred--with the only pinpoint meeting being last weekend in Houston. 

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Good lord..its speculation on your side too...You are speculating he doesn't have a source and you have no proof he doesn't. .He very well might have a source or know someone who does? Just because he doesn't give up his source doesn't mean it doesn't exist..Why is this so difficult to understand? Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it fact..I don't know either way and never said I did...

It's not the source, it's proof of the assertion, regardless of a source. If he has a source,  that source offers him no proof.  And he has no proof of his own to share. So the source (if there is one) is just as suspect as the reporter.  Period.  Lack of evidence points to there is a very good chance there isn't any, not that there is  but they don't want to share it.  Where is the source saying "I got this information" -

1. "I was there and overheard it" or

2. I got hold of the tape recording, or

3. I took a photo of those notes they had on the table, etc.. 

They didn't specify backing proof because there is a large chance there just isn't any.  So the defense in response is,' well you can't prove it didn't happen, So I believe it did and it probably did.  You can't prove it didn't.'

Sometimes people seem to have a deep seated desire to keep believing in whatever one believes, even if there is no evidence at all to support it, and sometimes even if all the evidence available is actually against it.

That’s why there's people that keep believing in alien abductions, even when flying saucers always turn out to be weather balloons, stealth jets, comets, or too much alcohol.

'You can’t prove a negative! You can’t prove that there are no alien abductions!'  Meaning: your argument against aliens is inductive, therefore not incontrovertible, and since I want to believe in aliens, I’m going to dismiss the argument no matter how overwhelming any evidence against goes aliens existance , and no matter how vanishingly small the chances there are of extraterrestrial abductions taking place. 

I get it.  And I'm past it.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It's not the source, it's proof of the assertion, regardless of a source. If he has a source,  that source offers him no proof.  And he has no proof of his own to share. So the source (if there is one) is just as suspect as the reporter.  Period.  Lack of evidence points to there is a very good chance there isn't any, not that there is  but they don't want to share it.  Where is the source saying "I got this information" -

1. "I was there and overheard it" or

2. I got hold of the tape recording, or

3. I took a photo of those notes they had on the table, etc.. 

They didn't specify backing proof because there is a large chance there just isn't any.  So the defense in response is,' well you can't prove it didn't happen, So I believe it did and it probably did.  You can't prove it didn't.'

Sometimes people seem to have a deep seated desire to keep believing in whatever one believes, even if there is no evidence at all to support it, and sometimes even if all the evidence available is actually against it.

That’s why there's people that keep believing in alien abductions, even when flying saucers always turn out to be weather balloons, stealth jets, comets, or too much alcohol.

'You can’t prove a negative! You can’t prove that there are no alien abductions!'  Meaning: your argument against aliens is inductive, therefore not incontrovertible, and since I want to believe in aliens, I’m going to dismiss the argument no matter how overwhelming any evidence against goes aliens existance , and no matter how vanishingly small the chances there are of extraterrestrial abductions taking place. 

I get it.  And I'm past it.

Take a deep breath..Its only football..

6 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

No hate, just found what you wrote silly.

Everything about this forum is silly. It's the internet for talking about silly things. People feel the need to act differently than they would in person, because they have this avatar you see. I'm sure you feel this is silly of me. Silly you. 

16 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

If reports are true, now Grigson and Pagano know they're plan B, LOL!!  That's gotta make them feel great.  

It would be like dating a girl who told you that you were plan B, and that she really likes a couple other guys better lol..

:lol:

But then reports surface that the couple others are Brad Pitt and Leonard DiCaprio, and her brother has supposedly sabotaged her chances of ever hooking up with them.

Plan B... oh dear... what to do...

:excited:

34 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

If reports are true, now Grigson and Pagano know they're plan B, LOL!!  That's gotta make them feel great.  

It would be like dating a girl who told you that you were plan B, and that she really likes a couple other guys better lol..

:lol:

Oh well. They know that they haven't done a great job over the last five years.

And if they don't like their standing at this point, they're free to resign their posts, effective immediately. Of course, they won't, because they're owed tens of millions of dollars a piece. But that's their decision.

Of all the things to consider in this situation, the thing I'm least concerned with is the feelings of Grigson and Pagano. Sorry. And I'm not anti-Grigson or anti-Pagano.

38 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You should make it your lifelong goal to end all misinformation from this world...You seem to have a great passion for this..

Indeed, that and "Opinion Stated as Fact' is at times an issue around here.  I'll be sure to call it out whenever I see it as well, thanks for the reminder.  ;-)

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Indeed, Opinion 'Stated as Fact' is a big problem at times around here.  I'll be sure to call it out whenever I see it, thanks for the reminder.  ;-)

No problem, glad I could help..Good luck on your noble quest, it is a very important endeavor indeed...

Why do people believe this stuff.  None of this was true.  Not for weeks.

We have Pagano and Grigson, and Irsay was never looking at anyone else.  Total fabrication by the media...their OPINION of what was going on and no facts.  Now everybody's fabricated bubble has been burst.

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

We have Pagano and Grigson, and Irsay was never looking at anyone else.  Total fabrication by the media...their OPINION of what was going on and no facts.  Now everybody's fabricated bubble has been burst.

Im sure Irsay looked around, but its not really his style to hint at anything until its at least close to official if not a done deal but for signed paperwork.  people desperate for change are grasping at any rumor. Its understandable on the one hand, comical on the other. Best to wait to actually hear something from within the Colts org because we dont know the legitimacy of any of these rumors, but what makes it bad is people are citing them here as though they are fact. Really, we dont know. 

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Definitely a conspiracy