Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hope This Is Not True/ Irsay chooses grigson over gruden....(merge)

Coltsfan1284

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They don't explain how they came up with these numbers.   Adding Peyton isn't going to increase the value of the team by 200 million dollars

I can image a positive impact could be made simply from the PR impact and attention it draws to the Colts.   Look at the top team on the list -- consistently the Cowboys with the whole "America's Team" thing and national publicity they receive.  I can image more national publicity with Manning in the box at every Colts game, and talking with the national media on a consistent basis.    More national exposure on a long-term basis could have a positive impact the franchise valuation.   Manning is about as good as it gets as a likeable face/voice for the NFL (not to mention pizza and insurance).

The product on the field is, of course, is another part of the valuation picture.  Peyton's FO performance could be a positive or negative (to be determined), but the PR side I see as only positive.  I would anticipate that with his meticulous study of the game and his passion for the game that he might well excel in the FO also, but who really knows on that one. 

I can't image giving an ownership stake for *only* a FO commitment.  But also locking him into a long term commitment as a team/franchise promoter, as a partial owner, it starts to make some sense.  The amount of ownership is anybody's guess.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

I can image a positive impact could be made simply from the PR impact and attention it draws to the Colts.   Look at the top team on the list -- consistently the Cowboys with the whole "America's Team" thing and national publicity they receive.  I can image more national publicity with Manning in the box at every Colts game, and talking with the national media on a consistent basis.    More national exposure on a long-term basis could have a positive impact the franchise valuation.   Manning is about as good as it gets as a likeable face/voice for the NFL (not to mention pizza and insurance).

The product on the field is, of course, is another part of the valuation picture.  Peyton's FO performance could be a positive or negative (to be determined), but the PR side I see as only positive.  I would anticipate that with his meticulous study of the game and his passion for the game that he might well excel in the FO also, but who really knows on that one. 

I can't image giving an ownership stake for *only* a FO commitment.  But also locking him into a long term commitment as a team/franchise promoter, as a partial owner, it starts to make some sense.  The amount of ownership is anybody's guess.

The problem that arises with the front office job and ownership is what happens if Peyton flops here? 

That could lead to him getting fired, and a bunch of bad blood ensuing between the Colts owners. 

I feel like the dysfunction and negative impact that could arise from that is enough to offset the potential gain that you talk about. In my mind, it's a high risk/ medium reward plan, and since it's not one you can ever rectify,  then it's a very bad move to make.

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Do you have any credible evidence that it's not true? Ill be waiting..

If it were true, there would be a report or record of it. Say you tell me unicorns existed.  I say no they did not.  You scream at me to prove that it is not true.  Now many erudite folks would simply reply "You can't prove a Negative."  I feel somewhat differently.  I'll say-

1. If unicorns existed, there would be proof in the fossil records.

2. There is no proof in the fossil records.

3. Therefore, unicorns did not exist.

So for the Irsay daughters assertions in disrupting / ruining the Manning / Gruden talks, or anything like that, same thing. There would be some record of it happening.

Written notes from a scribe at meetings

Tape Recording of the meetings / sessions

A 3rd party in person report, from one actually attending the meetings/conversations

Public admission from one of the parties involved in meeting / sessions / conversations.

Since none of this exists for the time being, then I deduce that it has not happened.  It's a false hood.  And I may also, since you have no proof it did happen, just speculation from no name sources, it is nonsense as well.  There.

The nature of an inductive argument is to make a conclusion probable, but it's not necessarily certain, given the truth of the premises.

Why do I expect the sun will rise in the East in the morning?
Why do I expect water to come out of the faucet when turned on rather than chocolate?  (Mmmmm!)
Why do I expect dinner at a restaurant to be tasty and satisfying and not kill me?

On and on...

In other words, we cannot dismiss inductive arguments because they produce conclusions that are probable but not definite.  We live by these daily.  And the amount of times you asked for such proof means you probably deserve this tl;dr tirade, and will be brought out in the future and maybe even expanded upon, to all that might badger other forum members into trying to prove a 'Negative" so they can pretend to have won the battle / argument. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I heard grigson is the sole son of the dark Lord himself.  He has taken full mind control of not only the irsay family but that of all humans on earth.  Brad wells tweeted that out,  But it was later deleted

OMG!!!!!

Now THAT explains a lot.

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Whatever makes you feel good o powerful one....smh

I just want folks to be a little more courteous toward their fellow posters / members.  Make reasonable requests and dialog.  Ones to prove a negative don't fit that, IMHO. We don't have to agree, but we don't have to drag down threads into the mud of sparring pits trying to one up each other.  I will use whatever tactic hits me at the time to manage spats.  On bad days spat posts will just disappear, on other days an emailed Warning-O-Gram might come thou way... depending upon content.  Today I just felt like writing this out so peeps will see it is pointless and maybe not go this route again.

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Coming from the guy who doesn't understand Peyton would increase value of the Colts and thinks Broncos aren't interested in getting Romo....

Yeah,   exactly.    Peyton instantly turns irsay into a trillionaire and the broncos are gonna sign a guy that can't stand up without getting hurt and make their first round pick from last a third stringer.   

Yeah,  your scenarios are so realistic

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Coming from the guy who doesn't understand Peyton would increase value of the Colts and thinks Broncos aren't interested in getting Romo....

Wait so let me get this right.....

You assume that everything Brad wells says about the Colts is gospel (otherwise why else would you be having these outlandish arguements about peoples sources) and then immediately disregard the reports of a well respected media personality over Denver and Romo?? 

Seriously dude, are you Brad wells?? That's the only reasonable explanation for this situation.... 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   exactly.    Peyton instantly turns irsay into a trillionaire and the broncos are gonna sign a guy that can't stand up without getting hurt and make their first round pick from last a third stringer.   

Just like signing a guy coming off possible career ending neck surgery who had possible nerve damage that would never heal?

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Just like signing a guy coming off possible career ending neck surgery who had possible nerve damage that would never heal?

Romo is in no way close to manning.   Not in any way.   They also didn't just draft a qb in the first round

4 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Wait so let me get this right.....

You assume that everything Brad wells says about the Colts is gospel (otherwise why else would you be having these outlandish arguements about peoples sources) and then immediately disregard the reports of a well respected media personality over Denver and Romo?? 

Seriously dude, are you Brad wells?? That's the only reasonable explanation for this situation.... 

Didn't Adam Shefter come out and say Pagano was coming back a week ago? Is he not a respected media source? Did he not come out yesterday and say we offered Gruden the job? So which is it?

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Didn't Adam Shefter come out and say Pagano was coming back a week ago? Is he not a respected media source? Did he not come out yesterday and say we offered Gruden the job? So which is it?

Didn't Brad wells come out and say he has zero sources with the Colts? Which is it?? 

Did schefter say grigson was the reason gruden  isn't here?

23 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If it were true, there would be a report or record of it. Say you tell me unicorns existed.  I say no they did not.  You scream at me to prove that it is not true.  Now many erudite folks would simply reply "You can't prove a Negative."  I feel somewhat differently.  I'll say-

1. If unicorns existed, there would be proof in the fossil records.

2. There is no proof in the fossil records.

3. Therefore, unicorns did not exist.

So for the Irsay daughters assertions in disrupting / ruining the Manning / Gruden talks, or anything like that, same thing. There would be some record of it happening.

Written notes from a scribe at meetings

Tape Recording of the meetings / sessions

A 3rd party in person report, from one actually attending the meetings/conversations

Public admission from one of the parties involved in meeting / sessions / conversations.

Since none of this exists for the time being, then I deduce that it has not happened.  It's a false hood.  And I may also, since you have no proof it did happen, just speculation from no name sources, it is nonsense as well.  There.

The nature of an inductive argument is to make a conclusion probable, but it's not necessarily certain, given the truth of the premises.

Why do I expect the sun will rise in the East in the morning?
Why do I expect water to come out of the faucet when turned on rather than chocolate?  (Mmmmm!)
Why do I expect dinner at a restaurant to be tasty and satisfying and not kill me?

On and on...

In other words, we cannot dismiss inductive arguments because they produce conclusions that are probable but not definite.  We live by these daily.  And the amount of times you asked for such proof means you probably deserve this tl;dr tirade, and will be brought out in the future and maybe even expanded upon, to all that might badger other forum members into trying to prove a 'Negative" so they can pretend to have won the battle / argument. 

No Unicorn has ever died, so no fossils.

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:
5 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

OK, please take this to new thread, offline, to email or IM. 

Darn... I'm hearing he call -             {cleanup in aisle 5...  !!)

When did I ever say anything about Brad Wells..I listen to JMV who has been saying said things for awhile now..

Well your whole arguement with @jvan1973 started because he questioned spotty sources from Brad well, which you then defended and demanded him to prove that the sources were wrong. 

Like I said, why are Brad wells tweets worthy of this whole arguement, while you can dismiss a legitimate news source at the drop of a hat. 

1 minute ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Well your whole arguement with @jvan1973 started because he questioned spotty sources from Brad well, which you then defended and demanded him to prove that the sources were wrong. 

Like I said, why are Brad wells tweets worthy of this whole arguement, while you can dismiss a legitimate news source at the drop of a hat. 

Brad Wells basically regurgitated everything JMV said...

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So you assert they live in Heaven?  ;-)

I assert if none died, none ever lived. 

Could have swore I saw a tweet saying they all lived in jshipp23's back yard.

If that's heaven, I've no idea. Haven't seen tweet on that yet.

31 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

The problem that arises with the front office job and ownership is what happens if Peyton flops here? 

That could lead to him getting fired, and a bunch of bad blood ensuing between the Colts owners. 

I feel like the dysfunction and negative impact that could arise from that is enough to offset the potential gain that you talk about. In my mind, it's a high risk/ medium reward plan, and since it's not one you can ever rectify,  then it's a very bad move to make.

In your opinion, which is only an opinion and not gospel. .