Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hope This Is Not True/ Irsay chooses grigson over gruden....(merge)

Coltsfan1284

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I went and checked out their tweets, and am wondering why prior to Jan 1, their previous tweet was from July 2014(?).

Sorry, I'm not a twit, so I'm not certain if/why that may make sense.

It looks like they were a sports betting website at one point. I'm not sure what happened to that. Perhaps they got a good source through that?

It's not unusual for the people behind a professional/business profile to be among the first followers for the page. I'm not curious enough to check that out but it wouldn't surprise me if the person (or people) behind the page are among their first followers.

I have a hard time believing what these guys are saying since JMV and others, who I feel are pretty reliable, are saying the search is over and it's Grigson/Pagano for 2017.

1 minute ago, ar7 said:

It looks like they were a sports betting website at one point. I'm not sure what happened to that. Perhaps they got a good source through that?

It's not unusual for the people behind a professional/business profile to be among the first followers for the page. I'm not curious enough to check that out but it wouldn't surprise me if the person (or people) behind the page are among their first followers.

I have a hard time believing what these guys are saying since JMV and others, who I feel are pretty reliable, are saying the search is over and it's Grigson/Pagano for 2017.

Thanks and agreed.

7 hours ago, Superman said:

Oh well. They know that they haven't done a great job over the last five years.

And if they don't like their standing at this point, they're free to resign their posts, effective immediately. Of course, they won't, because they're owed tens of millions of dollars a piece. But that's their decision.

Of all the things to consider in this situation, the thing I'm least concerned with is the feelings of Grigson and Pagano. Sorry. And I'm not anti-Grigson or anti-Pagano.

Yep I agree and sure as heck won't lose any sleep over it. 

8 hours ago, Superman said:

Oh well. They know that they haven't done a great job over the last five years.

And if they don't like their standing at this point, they're free to resign their posts, effective immediately. Of course, they won't, because they're owed tens of millions of dollars a piece. But that's their decision.

Of all the things to consider in this situation, the thing I'm least concerned with is the feelings of Grigson and Pagano. Sorry. And I'm not anti-Grigson or anti-Pagano.

I don't really feel sorry for any HC or GM in the NFL. Those are two of the best sports jobs a person could ever have. And Pagano and Grigson haven't done a great job so I can't feel sympathy towards their current situation

21 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

It didn't say how big just that it was the only thing holding the deal up.

so in other words, you don't really know exactly what Peyton was asking for.  So you called Irsay stupid for not giving into Manning's demands, the details of which you do not know. 

Good call. :scratch:

On 1/15/2017 at 7:36 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Has anyone in here actually heard Jim Irsay come out and say he has interviewed Gruden or Peyton for anything? Has anyone in here heard Gruden or Peyton talk about being offered anything from Irsay? Everytime I read a tweet by the local or national media it always says per source this. Name your source or I am not buying it! Until I hear Irsay, Gruden, or Peyton actually speak on anything I am not buying anything else I read. That is my take on it.

Do you know how things work in the NFL?  There was never any chance that Irsay, Gruden or Peyton would publicly speak on this unless a deal was worked out.  If the deal could not be worked out, then obviously each part would deny that any negotiations occurred in the first place. 

There was never even the slightest chance that any of the 3 would officially confirm a failed negotiation. 

7 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

so in other words, you don't really know exactly what Peyton was asking for.  So you called Irsay stupid for not giving into Manning's demands, the details of which you do not know. 

Good call. :scratch:

A lot of this going on these days.

No one even knows what job was offered. It's only been stated as a FO job. That's pretty broad.

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

Do you know how things work in the NFL?  There was never any chance that Irsay, Gruden or Peyton would publicly speak on this unless a deal was worked out.  If the deal could not be worked out, then obviously each part would deny that any negotiations occurred in the first place. 

There was never even the slightest chance that any of the 3 would officially confirm a failed negotiation. 

Heck, they wouldn't even confirm if there was an agreement until the time was proper.

They're not *s. They're professionals.

Full roster control for someone who has not been involved in football operations for a long time is a terrible idea.

Irsay did the right thing. He could however have told Gruden that he'd be looking for a new GM as well but Gruden would have to work with a GM, not named Grigson and he would be open to ideas.

That is the thing, going after big names like Gruden and Mike Shanahan, that they would not only want HC roles but also GM roles. There is more to being a GM than just draft picks. Someone not involved heavily in scouting and football operations recently should not be handed a blank check like that. Sorry to play devil's advocate but Irsay was being very reasonable here, IMO.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

I think you missed my point entirely. Some People in here Post as if they know for a fact these interviews took place. Nobody knows in here if they did is my point.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you missed my point entirely. Some People in here Post as if they know for a fact these interviews took place. Nobody knows in here if they did is my point.

No, I get that.  however you said that you would only believe it if Irsay, Gruden or Manning came out and publicly spoke about the interviews.  My point is that was absolutely never going to happen if the deal fell through.  the only way you would have ever gotten the proof you're looking for is if they were able to reach a deal.

2 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

No, I get that.  however you said that you would only believe it if Irsay, Gruden or Manning came out and publicly spoke about the interviews.  My point is that was absolutely never going to happen if the deal fell through.  the only way you would have ever gotten the proof you're looking for is if they were able to reach a deal.

Yeah I didn't word my initial Post very good so I see what you are saying. I was kind of being sarcastic with the first Post in a way getting my main point across.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I didn't word my initial Post very good so I see what you are saying. I was kind of being sarcastic with the first Post in a way getting my main point across.

ah well, now see, that makes far more sense :)