Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jon Gruden turns down Colts job despite interest from Irsay

CF4L

25 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would Chuck give away millions?  Answer,  He won't

You're right, he would be stupid to resign upon thinking this through, especially knowing the 4.5m / year.  It comes to a point where he might be saying,  the fans don't want me, the owner doesn't want me, hard to say if Grigson wants me, , the media or at least Gregg Doyel doesn't like me and hates Irsay and calls the Colts a clown-show :facepalm:, maybe I should resign,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nah, if I'm fired, my retirement is set plus I might not get fired and just may even get to coach in 2017.   The latter probably being the case.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Glazer is just regurgitating month old news. 

Nothing to see here.

Yeah I agree Brad Wells (I know) even speculated that Irsay leaked this to Glazer in response to the Gruden/Schefter story earlier today.

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

For an ex-coach. That TV money is just too good...

....You almost have to commit a felony to get fired and you never lose a game

I'm not really disappointed because ya for a while he was a great coach but towards the end of his time with Tampa he was terrible and couple that with the fact he hasn't coached in almost 10 years.

43 minutes ago, bluxco said:

He probably realized his jewel ANDREW LUCK wasnt what he thought he was.

Well...I'd say his stock has certainly dropped since the Spider Y 2 Banana interview days when everyone was touting him as "the next Elway".  How could it not with those lofty expectations coming out of college?   Still I'd guess it was the presence of  Grigson that gave Gruden more cause to pause than Luck.

Pagano is as lame duck as you can get now.

He knows his boss was looking to replace him, but couldn't get his guy.

Not sure how Jim keeps him around now honestly. You basically are saying I'm settling for you Chuck..lol

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Well...I'd say his stock has certainly dropped since the Spider Y 2 Banana interview days when everyone was touting him as "the next Elway".  How could it not with those lofty expectations coming out of college?   Still I'd guess it was the presence of  Grigson that gave Gruden more cause to pause than Luck.

Grigson isn't the reason gruden isn't here.  If irsay wanted gruden as bad as had been reported,  then grigson would have been fired

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Pagano is as lame duck as you can get now.

He knows his boss was looking to replace him, but couldn't get his guy.

Not sure how Jim keeps him around now honestly. You basically are saying I'm settling for you Chuck..lol

He isn't a lame duck coach.   Do you understand what a lame duck coach is?

Pagano has 2 years left on his contract

Just now, John Waylon said:

It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would Gruden turn down the chance to work with both Peyton and Andrew? He has gushed about those two more in his career than anyone else.

Now he's given the chance to work with them and he declines?

Just doesn't add up.

Manning doesn't work here

It just doesn't make sense to me. Why would Gruden turn down the chance to work with both Peyton and Andrew? He has gushed about those two more in his career than anyone else.

Now he's given the chance to work with them and he declines?

Just doesn't add up.

Manning doesn't work here

The reports say Irsay was selling it as a package deal. He wanted to pair Gruden with him.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He isn't a lame duck coach.   Do you understand what a lame duck coach is?

Pagano has 2 years left on his contract

Yeah I do understand what lame duck is dad.

I mean having no confidence from his constituents(players). Players aren't respecting a guy the owner is actively looking to replace.

Jim needs to go all in on Kyle Shanahan at this point. I don't really know why he's been relatively unmentioned around here. That Falcons offense has been unstoppable this year. He's also been the only guy that has been able to make RG3 look moderately competent.

I don't see any better options than Kyle at this point. Find a good, experienced DC to run the defense and go spend some money this offseason on FA. 

1 minute ago, BCoop said:

Jim needs to go all in on Kyle Shanahan at this point. I don't really know why he's been relatively unmentioned around here. That Falcons offense has been unstoppable this year. He's also been the only guy that has really made RG3 look moderately competent as well.

I don't see any better options than Kyle at this point. Find a good, experienced DC to run the defense and go spend some money this offseason on FA. 

That's true I haven't heard anything at all about Kyle. 

18 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Forget Gruden.  Time to for Jimmy's jet to set course for Ann Arbor.  It's also a long shot but at least that guy still loves to coach. 

He would have a better chance of bringing back Bo Schembechler than Harbaugh.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I have more evidence to support my theory than you do yours.   Irsay fired a hall of fame executive in Polian.  He would certainly fire grigson

You have an opinion, just as i do.  You have no more evidence then me.  What happened years ago to Bill Polian has nothing to do with Grigson. If i really wanted to argue with you, i would point out that the T Rich trade, the missed first rounder on Werner, the miss on Dorsett, the miss of an entire draft class, and the money spent on terrible free agents and back to back 8-8 years in the AFC south would be a good grounds for firing.  Yet, it hasn't happened.  But i don't feel like arguing it with you.

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Grigson isn't the reason gruden isn't here.  If irsay wanted gruden as bad as had been reported,  then grigson would have been fired

We don't know that really.  Heck we don't know much of anything unfortunately.  But there is some buzz that the Irsays are tighter with Grigson than we know.  Even the Irsay daughters supposedly love him.  Unfortunately, many top NFL people have little regard for him and don't want to work with him.  There are rumors that this was a big sticking point in trying to bring in Gruden and even Manning.  Irsay allegedly wants to keep Grigson in the organization...in some capacity.  Who knows for sure what's really going on though?  We have  all been living on limited facts and rumors over the past couple of weeks. 

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

We don't know that really.  Heck we don't know much of anything unfortunately.  But there is some buzz that the Irsays are tighter with Grigson than we know.  Even the Irsay daughters supposedly love him.  Unfortunately, many top NFL people have little regard for him and don't want to work with him.  There are rumors that this was a big sticking point in trying to bring in Gruden and even Manning.  Irsay allegedly wants to keep Grigson in the organization...in some capacity.  Who knows for sure what's really going on though?  We have have all been living on limited facts and rumors over the past couple of weeks. 

Do have any links to any if this buzz??

You gotta send him packing now Jim.

You basically are acknowledging Pagano isn't getting it done. Keeping him is awkward after basically saying I tried to replace you, but I'm gonna stick with you now that I couldn't replace you....Send him packing

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We don't know that really.  Heck we don't know much of anything unfortunately.  But there is some buzz that the Irsays are tighter with Grigson than we know.  Even the Irsay daughters supposedly love him.  Unfortunately, many top NFL people have little regard for him and don't want to work with him.  There are rumors that this was a big sticking point in trying to bring in Gruden and even Manning.  Irsay allegedly wants to keep Grigson in the organization...in some capacity.  Who knows for sure what's really going on though?  We have  all been living on limited facts and rumors over the past couple of weeks. 

If thats the case, colts get what they deserve of lousy team and record with ryan around.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't think anyone can be the Cleveland Browns. They're in a category of their own

I said slowly...Luckily we have Luck to save us...We need Pagano gone and to reboot at this point..Plenty of upgrades out there. ..Hell Id take Les Miles if we have a good OC..