Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Anderson

I actually wouldn't mind having this guy with one of our picks 2nd to 4th round range.p Real solid hard nosed football player. Hes made more plays than I've seen out of Tim Williams in this championship game. Makes plays every time I see him. Has good strength and football smart. Gets to the QB

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Anderson may be a better football player than Williams.

I think Ryan is more complete player right now. I do think Williams has a higher ceiling and is a better pass rusher. The one thing he will need to do better is facing the run. He isn't horrible but needs work especially going into the nfl. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I think Ryan is more complete player right now. I do think Williams has a higher ceiling and is a better pass rusher. The one thing he will need to do better is facing the run. He isn't horrible but needs work especially going into the nfl. 

Are you referring to Anderson, or Williams with this statement? Sorry just a tad confused.

1 minute ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I think Ryan is more complete player right now. I do think Williams has a higher ceiling and is a better pass rusher. The one thing he will need to do better is facing the fun. He isn't horrible but needs work especially going into the nfl. 

The better pass rusher has been sleep tonight. All I see is Ryan Anderson. Main guy I see each time I get a chance to watch Bama

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I actually wouldn't mind having this guy with one of our picks 2nd to 4th round range.p Real solid hard nosed football player. Hes made more plays than I've seen out of Tim Williams in this championship game. Makes plays every time I see him. Has good strength and football smart. Gets to the QB

I don't think Anderson is going to get past the 2nd round.

I think most posters who have mocked him going in the 3rd or 4th round are doing so primarily based on the computer draft websites which are notoriously terrible,  or other lesser draft websites which are not much better.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

Everytime I watch Alabama he sticks out more than anyone else..

I don't know guys, he doesn't look the part of a second round draft pick at all too me. Too stiff, doesn't bend the corner well enough to get many sacks at the NFL level. Benefits from having a great cast around him. I wouldn't take him before the 4th, at the earliest. 

I think Ryan Anderson has looked pretty solid and has been someone who has been overlooked for the most part.  People just chalked him up as some mid-round draft pick and then noticed him against Washington.  Again, he showed everyone last night that he is a solid high caliber player with a great motor.  Also, Williams was going up against a Freshman RT and was not even a mention.  Reuben Foster would be an amazing 1st round pick for us if for some reason he fell to us.  Solid starting block right there.

Ryan Anderson has been making plays all season. Hard nosed and intelligent football player. Guy is just relentless and has tremendous strength for an OLB. 

I think he's much better than Williams at this point. Williams has huge potential but hasn't impressed me in any Bama game I've watched. And to be honest Williams should have 15-20 sack a season with that defensive line. 

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Id still take Tak round 1 though. But I'd take Anderson round 2-3 to play SAM.

I'd love for the Colts to trade down and get Tak McKinley late round 1/early round 2 and then come back and get Ryan Anderson late round 2. Indy would be set at OLB. McKinley has compared to Whitney Mercilus which Indy could desperately use a player like that. Anderson I see as a better, younger version of 2016 Erik Walden. 

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'd love for the Colts to trade down and get Tak McKinley late round 1/early round 2 and then come back and get Ryan Anderson late round 2. Indy would be set at OLB. McKinley has compared to Whitney Mercilus which Indy could desperately use a player like that. Anderson I see as a better, younger version of 2016 Erik Walden. 

That's exactly how I see Anderson playing. A better pass rushing version of Walden. And I wouldn't mind a trade down to pick up an extra second. The Colts could then use the first 3 picks to get 2 OLBS and an ILB.

1 hour ago, colts2dasuperbowl said:

I like Ryan Anderson, but I don't want to draft him until 3rd round. I want to see us draft dalvin cook in the 1st and mckinney or jarrad davis in the 2nd then draft r. anderson in the 3rd is my ideal pick.

Anderson probably won't make it past the second. Neither will Tak or Davis most likely.

I would love to get Reuben Foster at #14 or 15 and Trade up after that to get Tak McKinley. Foster is a lot like C.J. Mosley. He is good at both Run & Pass defense. Foster and Edwin Jackson in the middle of our D would be fantastic. Tak McKinley reminds me so much of Michael Strahan! He doesn't have a lot of "moves" but he wins.

Foster is the guy who really jumped out at me last night.  I kept looking for Williams and Allen but Foster seemed to be making a lot of plays.  I thought he really stood out and he reminded me a lot of the old school middle linebackers.  He's going to be a good one and ,unfortunately, he probably won't be there when we pick.