Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SupermanLuck12's Intake On The 2016 Colts

Dark Superman

I see a team that's not much better than we were in 2012 when we were completely in rebuild mode. Sure, we added some good players over the years, but we also wasted A LOT of cap space on aging players and guys who haven't produced a lick for this team and 90% of those players are no longer with the organization.

- Poor offensive line play. Andrew Luck getting sacked 6 times is unacceptable (especially against the Jaguars) I understand Luck holds onto the ball a little too long, but the pressure he was under today was inexcusable. Not having a 100 yard rusher since 2012 is an embarrassment.

- Lack of play makers. This team lacks a toughness and overall big play makers. (more notably on the defensive side of the ball) When I look at this defense I see very little big name players, and if you aren't a Colts fan than you probably could only name 1/3 of the guys who actually start on this defense. Robert Mathis is 35 and no longer the guy who was once feared and literally destroyed everyone in his path week in and week out. Erik Walden is one of the few bright spots on this defense, but the linebackers need a rehaul and they need to get younger and more explosive. Arthur Jones is a huge disappointment and was a total waste of $33 million dollars. I do like guys like Anderson, McGill and even Langford. I think if we could add one or two more strong additions to the defensive line and invest heavily in our OLB and MLB positions in the off-season (Through FA and the Draft) that will indeed make the secondary better. Teams have all day to throw against the Colts and it doesn't help that our banged up secondary has to literally play against teams who have virtually all day to throw the ball. The Colts should spend their first two picks in the 2014 draft on the defensive side of the ball.

- The Running Backs: Frank Gore is 33 and shouldn't be the one carrying the load. The Colts need a fresh young stud at RB who can carry the load and help bring some explosiveness into this offense. Bringing Gore next season off the bench will help keep the veteran fresh and it will give him a chance to be a mentor in his last year as a Colt. I don't see Turbin or Ferguson as anything but the #3 back for us in the future.

- Coaching and Management: It's time to move on from both of these men. I will find it hard to believe if both men survive the season but it's time to do the one thing Jim Irsay should of did last season. Fire both Pagano and Grigson. They had five years and instead of building the monster they've done literally nothing but turn this team into an embarrassment.

Dwayne Allen: Everyone who disagreed with me when the Colts paid Allen nearly $30 million dollars and allowed Coby Fleener to walk. This is just another reason who Pagano and Grigson should be fired. Allen has literally showed me no reason why the Colts made the right decision by spending that kind of money on a guy who looks slow and can't catch the freaking ball. Jack Doyle deserved a higher contract than this guy. I see Dwayne Allen as a #2 TE who should be making half of what he is now. I'm not a fan of #83 and I seriously hope he turns it around soon or he may just be another signing that Grigson wasted a ton of money on.

Depth at WR: I think everyone can agree that as soon as Moncrief went down the entire offense (especially Luck and the receivers) have struggled. I think the importance of a guy like Moncrief is much more greater than we realized. He gives Andrew Luck a big target who can help spread the field and take off pressure on guys like TY and Dorsett. Teams can literally double team Hilton with Moncrief out of the lineup and with the offensive line play being as bad as it has been, teams can literally rush four guys and still create pressure on Luck. We need #10 back, but we also need to add more serious depth at the WR position. We literally have no one behind our big three and that's something that we need to address.

Fullback? Why not add one? Why not get someone in here who could help create holes for our RB and help protect Luck. We could use a physical presence and someone who could bring a toughness to our offense. Just a thought.

So basically I think the Colts need to fire Grigson and Pagano and that will give this team a chance for a makeover. I would like to see the Colts draft heavily on the defensive side of the ball and not be afraid to go after a big name or two and spend a little money this off-season to fill the a few key areas (MLB,OLB,RB,ETC) We need a defense than can get to the QB and help create big plays and actually enforce turnovers that will allow our offense not only to get the ball back, but to actually have a chance to play with the lead. We also need to add more talent around our QB. This isn't a rant, but just my two cents. I know a lot of people on here will probably disagree with me, but I'm open to anyone's opinion on here.

At the end of the day we're all on the same ship here. We're all Colts fans and we all want to see this team succeed and bring home a championship. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long season and if it is and we do end up with some ridiculous record such as 4-12, I do hope the Colts use that opportunity to make the right moves once the season ends.

Feel free to post your thoughts.

- SupermanLuck24.

6 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I see a team that's not much better than we were in 2012 when we were completely in rebuild mode. Sure, we added some good players over the years, but we also wasted A LOT of cap space on aging players and guys who haven't produced a lick for this team and 90% of those players are no longer with the organization.

- Poor offensive line play. Andrew Luck getting sacked 6 times is unacceptable (especially against the Jaguars) I understand Luck holds onto the ball a little too long, but the pressure he was under today was inexcusable. Not having a 100 yard rusher since 2012 is an embarrassment.

- Lack of play makers. This team lacks a toughness and overall big play makers. (more notably on the defensive side of the ball) When I look at this defense I see very little big name players, and if you aren't a Colts fan than you probably could only name 1/3 of the guys who actually start on this defense. Robert Mathis is 35 and no longer the guy who was once feared and literally destroyed everyone in his path week in and week out. Erik Walden is one of the few bright spots on this defense, but the linebackers need a rehaul and they need to get younger and more explosive. Arthur Jones is a huge disappointment and was a total waste of $33 million dollars. I do like guys like Anderson, McGill and even Langford. I think if we could add one or two more strong additions to the defensive line and invest heavily in our OLB and MLB positions in the off-season (Through FA and the Draft) that will indeed make the secondary better. Teams have all day to throw against the Colts and it doesn't help that our banged up secondary has to literally play against teams who have virtually all day to throw the ball. The Colts should spend their first two picks in the 2014 draft on the defensive side of the ball.

- The Running Backs: Frank Gore is 33 and shouldn't be the one carrying the load. The Colts need a fresh young stud at RB who can carry the load and help bring some explosiveness into this offense. Bringing Gore next season off the bench will help keep the veteran fresh and it will give him a chance to be a mentor in his last year as a Colt. I don't see Turbin or Ferguson as anything but the #3 back for us in the future.

- Coaching and Management: It's time to move on from both of these men. I will find it hard to believe if both men survive the season but it's time to do the one thing Jim Irsay should of did last season. Fire both Pagano and Grigson. They had five years and instead of building the monster they've done literally nothing but turn this team into an embarrassment.

Dwayne Allen: Everyone who disagreed with me when the Colts paid Allen nearly $30 million dollars and allowed Coby Fleener to walk. This is just another reason who Pagano and Grigson should be fired. Allen has literally showed me no reason why the Colts made the right decision by spending that kind of money on a guy who looks slow and can't catch the freaking ball. Jack Doyle deserved a higher contract than this guy. I see Dwayne Allen as a #2 TE who should be making half of what he is now. I'm not a fan of #83 and I seriously hope he turns it around soon or he may just be another signing that Grigson wasted a ton of money on.

Depth at WR: I think everyone can agree that as soon as Moncrief went down the entire offense (especially Luck and the receivers) have struggled. I think the importance of a guy like Moncrief is much more greater than we realized. He gives Andrew Luck a big target who can help spread the field and take off pressure on guys like TY and Dorsett. Teams can literally double team Hilton with Moncrief out of the lineup and with the offensive line play being as bad as it has been, teams can literally rush four guys and still create pressure on Luck. We need #10 back, but we also need to add more serious depth at the WR position. We literally have no one behind our big three and that's something that we need to address.

Fullback? Why not add one? Why not get someone in here who could help create holes for our RB and help protect Luck. We could use a physical presence and someone who could bring a toughness to our offense. Just a thought.

So basically I think the Colts need to fire Grigson and Pagano and that will give this team a chance for a makeover. I would like to see the Colts draft heavily on the defensive side of the ball and not be afraid to go after a big name or two and spend a little money this off-season to fill the a few key areas (MLB,OLB,RB,ETC) We need a defense than can get to the QB and help create big plays and actually enforce turnovers that will allow our offense not only to get the ball back, but to actually have a chance to play with the lead. We also need to add more talent around our QB. This isn't a rant, but just my two cents. I know a lot of people on here will probably disagree with me, but I'm open to anyone's opinion on here.

At the end of the day we're all on the same ship here. We're all Colts fans and we all want to see this team succeed and bring home a championship. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long season and if it is and we do end up with some ridiculous record such as 4-12, I do hope the Colts use that opportunity to make the right moves once the season ends.

- SupermanLuck24.

I agree with most of it but sign guys like who?  We need to draft def with 5 or 6 of our picks 2017 NFL draft 

That's basically the definition of a bad team.

It sucks, but these aren't the golden age Colts. They'd never loser to certain teams. We could lose to any team any day.

It'll definitely get worse around here when we get crushed by a team or two.

Just watch it with zero expectations, much funner that way.

12 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

- SupermanLuck24.

I agree good post

22 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I agree with most of it but sign guys like who?  We need to draft def with 5 or 6 of our picks 2017 NFL draft 

I'm beginning to think we should re-emulate Bill Polian where we surround our QB with talent. It won us a Superbowl, conference championships, and very rarely did we miss the playoffs. The defense has so many holes, it will take more than one draft to solve them. It's clear to me Luck isn't as good as Peyton, but Luck is still a playmaker in my opinion, but he needs a stable o-line and run game.

Let's grab a HB (I heard this draft is stacked at the position), another o-lineman (or two), a blocking TE, a late round FB, and let's finally see that power running game we've heard so much about.

7 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I'm beginning to think we should re-emulate Bill Polian where we surround our QB with talent. It won us a Superbowl, conference championships, and very rarely did we miss the playoffs. The defense has so many holes, it will take more than one draft to solve them. It's clear to me Luck isn't as good as Peyton, but Luck is still a playmaker in my opinion, but he needs a stable o-line and run game.

Let's grab a HB (I heard this draft is stacked at the position), another o-lineman (or two), a blocking TE, a late round FB, and let's finally see that power running game we've heard so much about.

I think with a talent like Luck I almost agree with this LOL.

39 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

- SupermanLuck24.

I Agree with literally everything you've said. But I want you to just go whole hog here. Tell me how you feel about Dorsett. You call it a big three yet Dorsettis hot garbage. 

His only, and I mean only good play today was a blown coverage that I could have run through. Any receiver could. Towards the end of the game even when we used 2 receiver sets I saw that we put in Ty and Chester. Not once was it Dorsett and Hilton. 

24 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Very rarely did we miss the playoffs but very rarely did we advance past the 1st game.

14 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Very rarely did we miss the playoffs but very rarely did we advance past the 1st game.

I still liked our old way better. We had several 1 and dones but almost always won 12 or more games and did go to 2 SB's and won 1 doing it the old way. Hell with Peyton starting, 7-0 was automatic and the Division was pretty much over by November haha. Peyton may have had several 1 and dones but September and October the dude won 90% of his games and had the Division clinched by Thanksgiving.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still liked our old way better. We had several 1 and dones but almost always won 12 or more games and did go to 2 SB's and won 1 doing it the old way. Hell with Peyton starting, 7-0 was automatic and the Division was pretty much over by November haha. Peyton may have had several 1 and dones but September and October the dude won 90% of his games and had the Division clinched by Thanksgiving.

There is two sides to that opinion. Yes the Colts won a lot of games and regular season it  was fun. With that in mind having that many wins in regular season and then lose as many times in the playoffs is more depressing than showing patience and building a young team to win. It took 9 years Polian's way. No thank you. I will take the lumps now rather than losing in the playoffs too many times.

I think clearly the most important question to be asked to the OP....

Why is his handle SupermanLuck12....

But he's signing off as SupermanLuck24....???

Is this an example of that new math the kids are taught today?       What gives?

Inquiring minds and all that!!   

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think clearly the most important question to be asked to the OP....

Why is his handle SupermanLuck12....

But he's signing off as SupermanLuck24....???

Is this an example of that new math the kids are taught today?       What gives?

Inquiring minds and all that!!   

I noticed that too haha maybe he accidentally hit the 2 and 4 keys instead of the 1 and 2?

Luck has as little help as he has had in his 4+ years as a Colt. Once again the line was below par. Once again, multiple recievers made drops at key points in the game.

At this point, we need to start Doyle over Dwayne Allen. He is just a better player in every way. He is tough and he does what needs to be done.

Josh Ferguson needs to have his snaps reduced significantly. His drops have been drive killers. He doesn't add value as a blocker. I know Chudzinski's offense needs a versatile pass catching RB, but Ferguson is not getting it done.

There were some decent performances on defense, but giving up the penalties they did at key moments in the game really killed our chances. That unnecessary roughness on Maggit? That is just A-grade idiocy.

If this stuff is fixed, our season is not over. If it persists, welcome to Indy Mr Garrett!

9 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

- SupermanLuck24.

The perfect post so very true. This regime has failed miserably and Irsay has to know this unless he's living under a rock high on something which wouldn't be surprising.  

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

What we need most is top GM & a elite HC. 

If we ever obtain them everything else will fall into place.

YES YES please Irsay wake up and smell the coffee. I'm tired of Irsay's patience he's needs to make a change and a great change immediately. 

9 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I Agree with literally everything you've said. But I want you to just go whole hog here. Tell me how you feel about Dorsett. You call it a big three yet Dorsettis hot garbage. 

His only, and I mean only good play today was a blown coverage that I could have run through. Any receiver could. Towards the end of the game even when we used 2 receiver sets I saw that we put in Ty and Chester. Not once was it Dorsett and Hilton. 

"Hot Garbage" is not the term often used to describe the WR who's leading the league in yards per reception.

The bigger question would be why he's not being targeted when he's obviously effective when he is. 18 targets vs 44 for Hilton and that's with Moncrief out. 

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

"Hot Garbage" is not the term often used to describe the WR who's leading the league in yards per reception.

The bigger question would be why he's not being targeted when he's obviously effective when he is. 18 targets vs 44 for Hilton and that's with Moncrief out. 

Most likely because the only time he's open is when he runs a straight line down the field. That would explain his most yards per reception pretty easily .  Guy can't run any routes or take advantage of his quickness. He actually even looks really muscular but I never see him open across the middle. That's what these games are showing us. 

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

What we need most is top GM & a elite HC. 

If we ever obtain them everything else will fall into place.

Unfortunately, there aren't elite GMs and HCs just sitting around waiting for the Colts to call. Everyone wants to fire these guys, which is understandable, but who's going to replace them? 

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Unfortunately, there aren't elite GMs and HCs just sitting around waiting for the Colts to call. Everyone wants to fire these guys, which is understandable, but who's going to replace them? 

EXACTLY! I'm expecting the response will be the usual....Harbaugh, Meyer, etc. Teams don't just fire elite GMs & HCs. Just like the draft, knowing who will become an elite HC/GM is, for the most part, a crapshoot.

22 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Most likely because the only time he's open is when he runs a straight line down the field. That would explain his most yards per reception pretty easily .  Guy can't run any routes or take advantage of his quickness. He actually even looks really muscular but I never see him open across the middle. That's what these games are showing us. 

With being injured most of last year, he's essentially still a rookie. He was also very solid in the screen game in college, but right now, we don't have the size at WR to set those screens up. You can't pin it all on him though. Whose to say that Chud isn't mismanaging him or Luck isn't giving him the time of day. He's had some gamebreaking moments, and just like any young player has had some missteps. He's best used out of the slot and without Moncrief, he's not going to do as well as he could. 

Yeah what you said is exactly what I've been saying. This team is not improving significantly year to year. No elite players besides Luck and Hilton. Castanzo has been bad lately and Vontae is either injured and out or playing injured. It's the same problems each year.