LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Just frustrating. Ferguson dropped an easy 3rd and 2 to start, then Allen dropped a wide open 1st down. Play right after that Lucks pass got tipped and picked off

Ah jeez.  The D had a good stand there though.  Let's see how the offense does here

1 minute ago, poaponies said:

I'm not a fan on early games because I almost missed the first quarter 

Agreed.  I like that British/European fans get to see NFL action live, but I really don't like how the scheduling works out.  Really early for the fans, it messes up the team's schedule, NFL ticket holders lose a home game for one of the teams, etc.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

A 3 minute commercial break with 3 seconds left in the quarter..wow

Welcome to the NFL, where money > everything

3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Things have gotten so bad, I am starting to miss Pep Hamilton!:omg:

I really don't notice much of a difference, they seem to use a lot of TE sets, power formations and try to establish the run.  That being said with this OL, I don't think they're anywhere near capable of giving Luck time to spread the field. 

3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Things have gotten so bad, I am starting to miss Pep Hamilton!:omg:

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Miss him? We still run every 1st down for 2 yards.

I agree.  I'm seeing a lot of similarities between the two in terms of playcalling.  No recognition of how to beat blitzes, very few short passes called when necessary, a tendency to get away from the running game at times

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I really don't notice much of a difference, they seem to use a lot of TE sets, power formations and try to establish the run.  That being said with this OL, I don't think they're anywhere near capable of giving Luck time to spread the field. 

Luck deserves some of the blame too.  He tends to hold onto the ball way too long, always looking for the big play instead of making the smart/safe play

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Not to mention at any given time we only have two guys running routes due to the pitiful nature of our oline 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Luck deserves some of the blame too.  He tends to hold onto the ball way too long, always looking for the big play instead of making the smart/safe play

I just don't think that;s fair..we cant always check down..and the 'checks' are sometimes 3-4 yards...

we have to make plays downfield....our defense isn't gong to hold folks to 17 points