Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Shopping CB Eric Rowe

Dark Superman

I don't think so.  They probably need another safety more than another corner depending on the health of Geathers.

davis is out for a little while but they have already made a move in bringing in Cromartie to replace him.  I think both Robinson and Butler should be good to go week one so they will be their top three corners for now.  They will be inexperienced behind their top three/four with Davis but just about any team in the league is going to be inexperienced when you get down to the fifth corner back.

I think he's a young player worth looking into. Hes got position flexibility to play safety or corner. There were a couple people on this forum who wanted him during last years draft. Dont know about a trade, but if realesed I think its worth a look. Hes got potential and a lot of the size you like for our scheme. I'd look into it.

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don't think so.  They probably need another safety more than another corner depending on the health of Geathers.

davis is out for a little while but they have already made a move in bringing in Cromartie to replace him.  I think both Robinson and Butler should be good to go week one so they will be their top three corners for now.  They will be inexperienced behind their top three/four with Davis but just about any team in the league is going to be inexperienced when you get down to the fifth corner back.

Rowe is position flexible. Plus Winston Guy is an option at safety

3 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Second round pick in last years draft. I know we just waived D'Joun Smith and the injury bug has hit our secondary hard. I know Grigson always has his eye on making a trade, especially with the Eagles. Do you guys think picking up Eric Rowe for maybe a 5th or 6th RD. Draft pick is possible?

wow I hadn't heard that.... guy was always hurt I guess...another empty draft pick....

3 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Second round pick in last years draft. I know we just waived D'Joun Smith and the injury bug has hit our secondary hard. I know Grigson always has his eye on making a trade, especially with the Eagles. Do you guys think picking up Eric Rowe for maybe a 5th or 6th RD. Draft pick is possible?

I think picking him up is possible. Dont know if a trade is necessary.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I think he's a young player worth looking into. Hes got position flexibility to play safety or corner. There were a couple people on this forum who wanted him during last years draft. Dont know about a trade, but if realesed I think its worth a look. Hes got potential and a lot of the size you like for our scheme. I'd look into it.

I wanted him and I just posted this in another thread:  

Rowe was toasted by Megatron Thanksgiving day in his first start I believe but he played well after that. He only gave up 1 td the rest of the way. He gave up an 80 passer rating when targeted compared to Butlers 118.7.  Brady came after him from the first snap vs NE. . Rowe broke up a deep one. Brady threw it at him 12 or 14x's only 4 completions in the game. I liked him coming out last year. 

We need CB's in a bad way. Davis isn't getting any younger. It doesn't look like we have a young guy on the roster who can stay on the field and cover. I thought we should have went Hall or Robinson in the 4th or looked even sooner. I was surprised we didn't take a CB this year. Rowe was a 2nd if Philly will take 6th and a bag of chips why not? I'd be surprised if they cut him Chips in SF. 

We will be rewarded with more Butler otherwise. The guys we brought in couldn't have been more disappointing this year. I had some hope for a couple. Can anyone count on Mitchel or Smith? That's a mess we don't need to mess with. I wouldn't mind signing Johnson and trading for Rowe. Robinson could live in the slot. I think the 49ers will cut Dontae Johnson after grabbing Robinson in the draft. They are stacked at CB. That's what I think. Money should be ok both are on rookie deals 2nd and 4th rounders. 

20 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

He's a safety, corner in a pinch. But his coverage is pretty terrible. I'd look at him if he gets released, but I wouldn't give up a pick for him

He's raw I'll give you that He has only played 2 seasons at CB including last year. He has the size and speed to play press coverage and his coverage is usually sticky He gets in trouble when the balls in the air sometimesthe .He was called for face guarding ithis preseason total college play. He has what it takes to play outside he flashed last year. The new DC doesn't think he's a fit for his system and wants to give him away. He'd walk on the field tomorrow and be one of our top CB's. 

26 minutes ago, akcolt said:

He's raw I'll give you that He has only played 2 seasons at CB including last year. He has the size and speed to play press coverage and his coverage is usually sticky He gets in trouble when the balls in the air sometimesthe .He was called for face guarding ithis preseason total college play. He has what it takes to play outside he flashed last year. The new DC doesn't think he's a fit for his system and wants to give him away. He'd walk on the field tomorrow and be one of our top CB's. 

I think people have to consider he wont need to be at any one of our top 3 corner spots. He'd likely be the 4th or 5th corner so he wouldn't even be covering the best athlete on the field. It's not like we are asking him to come in and play the #2 cornerback right from jump street.

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'd be more interested in looking at Zack Sanchez who's just been cut. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I'd be interested in knowing why he was cut.  

He is the very first player ever under Dave Gettleman to be cut when healthy.  He was drafted as part of the 3 Amigos. The other two, Bradberry and Worley, are 1st team while Zack was 2nd and 3rd team slot corner, and struggled in pre-season.  Looks like they possibly want to put him on the PS.

25 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Is this the kid from Oklahoma? I liked him in college. I do remember him being a little small but was still solid in coverage. If it's the same kid I'm thinking about! 

Yes, that's the kid. Scouts were concerned about his small frame and that he may have left school before being fully ready.  it appears his play in the NFL demonstrates those concerns.  Dave Gettleman does expose him to be claimed off waivers on cut down day.  I expect he will go on their PS if nobody claims him.

I wonder if Sup or somebody knows how much money we have under the Rookie pool allocation?  If someone claims him, does it count against their rookie pool allocation?

If you guys don't mind me getting slightly off topic....

Guys like Mayock are probably scratching their heads right now. There's been a recent trend of under the radar guys who scouts project as 1st-3rd round draft pick who get drafted in that range by teams but get cut within 2 years. Rowe looks like another one. Earlier this year it was Dominique Easely. Last offseason it was Stanley Jean-Baptiste. And the Colts just waived Smith. Bishop Sankey also got waived and I'm hearing that Xavier Su'a Filo and Marcus Smith are on the bubble as well. What's going on with the drafting lately? It seems the last 4 years a lot of these high round guys are misses. I'm looking at just the 2014 and 2015 guys and a lot of the picks from rounds 1-3 aren't even on their original team. Are the scouts just missing? I don't get it.

I'd definitely use next year's 6th on him.   Adams is gone after this year and Rowe would be a better backup safety than either Butler or Guy, and could play CB in a pinch.  Might develop into a good CB.

If its more of a fit problem with the Eagles DC, then I'm all for a trading a 5th.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I think people have to consider he wont need to be at any one of our top 3 corner spots. He'd likely be the 4th or 5th corner so he wouldn't even be covering the best athlete on the field. It's not like we are asking him to come in and play the #2 cornerback right from jump street.

That's the point to make CB a strength by getting young guys who have the goods behind the older guys. The only CB on our roster I wouldn't walk away from today is Davis and he's injured. I have expectations of Robinson and Cromartie and feel pretty confident AC bounces back. I

The corner situation won't be ideal until when we can put Robinson in the slot. That may not happen this season. How would this sound Davis, Cromartie, Robinson , Rowe , Dontae Johnson? Then take your pck as our 6th I'd love to move on from Butler. 

I think we need to grab CB at cuts or 2. The D'joun Smith crap show and Mitchel's career long inability to stay healthy leaves us with an ever increasing hole.  I thought we might actually be ok but I was counting on Smith being able to play at least half as good as he claimed to be. I was hoping we would hit the lottery with one of the UDFA's. That not only didn't happen but Rose White and Milton really disappointed. 

The Johnson kid from SF interests me a lot. SF is stacked at CB if they keep Johnson I'd look at whoever they cut. Rowe for a 6th sounds good to me. I think that's a solid move. I have no idea how the cap would work. It shouldn't be an issue both are on rookie deals.

Do you remember Mario Butler when we played the Bills? He has good size and

played a good game vs us. He may have had a pick too.  I don't know anything else about him. There will be some guys for us to look at. I hope we go young guy if we pick up a CB. I'd look closely at OG and RB maybe TE too. Everyone's saying LB but unless there's a surprise I don't see it. That's going to be a tough position for us to cut. 

I was surprised we didn't  pick up a CB in the draft I thought it could be in the first 2 days. I thought CB was not only a huge need I liked the class. Talent was spread from late 1st - 6th. You had Fuller Worley Redmond and Russell come off in the 3rd. Then Hall, Murray and the guy I wanted Robinson were there in the 4th. Canady and White didn't go until the 6th. I'm not as high on Morrison as most and I don't think anyone else was looking at him in the 4th. 

8 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's the point to make CB a strength by getting young guys who have the goods behind the older guys. The only CB on our roster I wouldn't walk away from today is Davis and he's injured. I have expectations of Robinson and Cromartie and feel pretty confident AC bounces back. I

The corner situation won't be ideal until when we can put Robinson in the slot. That may not happen this season. How would this sound Davis, Cromartie, Robinson , Rowe , Dontae Johnson? Then take your pck as our 6th I'd love to move on from Butler. 

I think we need to grab CB at cuts or 2. The D'joun Smith crap show and Mitchel's career long inability to stay healthy leaves us with an ever increasing hole.  I thought we might actually be ok but I was counting on Smith being able to play at least half as good as he claimed to be. I was hoping we would hit the lottery with one of the UDFA's. That not only didn't happen but Rose White and Milton really disappointed. 

The Johnson kid from SF interests me a lot. SF is stacked at CB if they keep Johnson I'd look at whoever they cut. Rowe for a 6th sounds good to me. I think that's a solid move. I have no idea how the cap would work. It shouldn't be an issue both are on rookie deals.

played a good game vs us. He may have had a pick too.  I don't know anything else about him. There will be some guys for us to look at. I hope we go young guy if we pick up a CB. I'd look closely at OG and RB maybe TE too. Everyone's saying LB but unless there's a surprise I don't see it. That's going to be a tough position for us to cut. 

I was surprised we didn't  pick up a CB in the draft I thought it could be in the first 2 days. I thought CB was not only a huge need I liked the class. Talent was spread from late 1st - 6th. You had Fuller Worley Redmond and Russell come off in the 3rd. Then Hall, Murray and the guy I wanted Robinson were there in the 4th. Canady and White didn't go until the 6th. I'm not as high on Morrison as most and I don't think anyone else was looking at him in the 4th. 

We need to add another depth safety too. Looks like Terrance Brooks from the Ravens was cut. Also Antonio Allen. Rowe could be used at either corner or safety. I have no clue what Grigs has on his mind right now. I do trust him based on last years acquisition of TY Mcgill, but id be lying of I said I did not feel naked right now. Still wondering why they are so confident in Ferguson.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

If you guys don't mind me getting slightly off topic....

Guys like Mayock are probably scratching their heads right now. There's been a recent trend of under the radar guys who scouts project as 1st-3rd round draft pick who get drafted in that range by teams but get cut within 2 years. Rowe looks like another one. Earlier this year it was Dominique Easely. Last offseason it was Stanley Jean-Baptiste. And the Colts just waived Smith. Bishop Sankey also got waived and I'm hearing that Xavier Su'a Filo and Marcus Smith are on the bubble as well. What's going on with the drafting lately? It seems the last 4 years a lot of these high round guys are misses. I'm looking at just the 2014 and 2015 guys and a lot of the picks from rounds 1-3 aren't even on their original team. Are the scouts just missing? I don't get it.

That kind of thing....  a high pick getting cut after a few years....    has only been going on since roughly the dawn of time.....

You're just getting around to noticing....     this is NOT a new development.

The NFL is a win-NOW league.    A lot of franchises don't exercise patience,  and a lot of young players are too young and immature or get injured.       Stuff happens.

I think (hope) that Morris and Ferg are only temporarily on the 53. It makes sense that the team would hold them back through the first round of signings to make it less likely that another team would grab them. 

I imagine that both of them (and probably the 4th TE) will be cut from the final roster to make room for the guys we bring in. It is especially hard for me to find the value in keeping 3 QBs, which is something I don't remember the Colts doing in, at least, the last 10 years. I see the PS in their immediate future, though because most teams will have picked their poison at QB and RB by tomorrow afternoon. 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

I see pats let go of Daryl Roberts. Another big body 4.3 corner who could be looked at for one of 4th to 5th corner spots. They also let go of Crevon Leblanc.

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Would be solid if we could land Daryl Roberts and Eric Rowe at the same time. Roberts did well for the Pats most of training camp and preseason. They had a lot of DBs so its more of a numbers game than anything else.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

We need to add another depth safety too. Looks like Terrance Brooks from the Ravens was cut. Also Antonio Allen. Rowe could be used at either corner or safety. I have no clue what Grigs has on his mind right now. I do trust him based on last years acquisition of TY Mcgill, but id be lying of I said I did not feel naked right now. Still wondering why they are so confident in Ferguson.

Ferguson is questionable at best 3 QB's come on cut Tolzien lets go. We cut Okine Smith and Bates and kept 3 QB's I don't understand that at all. 

The greedy 49ers kept 7 CB's only cut the rookie Prince. It was smart I would see what they want for Johnson or Reaser. If I could get one for a 6th I would be on it. Look at this: CB (7): Tramaine Brock, Jimmie Ward, Chris Davis, Rashard Robinson, Will Redmond, Keith Reaser, Dontae Johnson

SF also cut OLB Markus Rush he had league leading 6 sacks 2FF and an INT. He's horrible vs the run but those numbers in 3 games. 

9 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Ferguson is questionable at best 3 QB's come on cut Tolzien lets go. We cut Okine Smith and Bates and kept 3 QB's I don't understand that at all. 

The greedy 49ers kept 7 CB's only cut the rookie Prince. It was smart I would see what they want for Johnson or Reaser. If I could get one for a 6th I would be on it. Look at this: CB (7): Tramaine Brock, Jimmie Ward, Chris Davis, Rashard Robinson, Will Redmond, Keith Reaser, Dontae Johnson

SF also cut OLB Markus Rush he had league leading 6 sacks 2FF and an INT. He's horrible vs the run but those numbers in 3 games. 

Didn't realize Seattle cut Marcus Burley. Hes been on our team before. Made the 53 man roster and everything. Burley is a good player, probably better than what we would have gotten out of Djoun this year. Grigs will probably pursue.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Didn't realize Seattle cut Marcus Burley. Hes been on our team before. Made the 53 man roster and everything. Burley is a good player, probably better than what we would have gotten out of Djoun this year. Grigs will probably pursue.

I agree I didn't like that trade to begin with. We thought we had something in the punk from Florida  I knew it was a matter of time for him. I would still see what Ole Chip is up to in SF you never know with him.

I'm not sure about Brooks. He hasn't really done much. The Ravens have Price on their 53 man.  I haven't seen the Raiders cuts. I still think if Philly wants to give Rowe away for a 6th I would do it. Man I'm shocked Okine was cut. Bates and Smith can end up on the PS  but Earl is gone. I guess I was the only one that saw ZaDarius Smith 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Raiders trade Dewey to Seahawks then cut Neiko Thorpe I would happily take Thorpe with Burley or Roberts. I like Thorpe's length will get up into rec in press good fit. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That kind of thing....  a high pick getting cut after a few years....    has only been going on since roughly the dawn of time.....

You're just getting around to noticing....     this is NOT a new development.

The NFL is a win-NOW league.    A lot of franchises don't exercise patience,  and a lot of young players are too young and immature or get injured.       Stuff happens.

I'm saying that lately, it seems to have increased. Almost like the talent pool has gotten worse. The 2013 draft is crazy. Most of them are on a different team. It's like after 2 years, only 50% of the 1-3rd round picks will be on the same team. That's absurd