Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Shopping CB Eric Rowe

Dark Superman

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm saying that lately, it seems to have increased. Almost like the talent pool has gotten worse. The 2013 draft is crazy. Most of them are on a different team. It's like after 2 years, only 50% of the 1-3rd round picks will be on the same team. That's absurd

Well.....  perhaps the 2013 draft is going to be historically bad?     Perhaps a number of teams have gotten little from their 2013 draft,  and not just the Colts?

Just thinking out loud....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well.....  perhaps the 2013 draft is going to be historically bad?     Perhaps a number of teams have gotten little from their 2013 draft,  and not just the Colts?

Just thinking out loud....

I think it already is historically bad 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That kind of thing....  a high pick getting cut after a few years....    has only been going on since roughly the dawn of time.....

You're just getting around to noticing....     this is NOT a new development.

The NFL is a win-NOW league.    A lot of franchises don't exercise patience,  and a lot of young players are too young and immature or get injured.       Stuff happens.

I might be wrong here without checking % of picks cut within 3 years say but I do think the new CBA has had an effect. 

Rookie contracts are pretty much prove it deals now and even with higher picks the financial penalties for cutting a guy aren't as bad. I'm sure some guys got a extra season or two on a roster as it made more sense to pray they finally realised their talent than take the dead money hit. 

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Patriots traded for CB Eric Rowe, why couldn't the Colts get it done with all our injuries on the CB front? 

I believe they think Neiko Thorpe is better.   Almost the same intangibles across the board and he's better in coverage.  Didn't have to give up any draft picks or players to get him.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Patriots traded for CB Eric Rowe, why couldn't the Colts get it done with all our injuries on the CB front? 

Kind of an interesting price. A starting caliber OL, plus a 4th rounder, even though it's 2018. I don't think we had a starting caliber OL to offer, so assume we would have had to give up a 2017 fourth, or higher. I'm okay with passing for that price, and I think Philly would have been smart to take the Pats deal anyway.

I did like Rowe before the draft, though, and figured he was on the Colts radar, given his profile. 

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

Kind of an interesting price. A starting caliber OL, plus a 4th rounder, even though it's 2018. I don't think we had a starting caliber OL to offer, so assume we would have had to give up a 2017 fourth, or higher. I'm okay with passing for that price, and I think Philly would have been smart to take the Pats deal anyway.

I did like Rowe before the draft, though, and figured he was on the Colts radar, given his profile. 

A 2017 third or fourth is likely to be spent by us on a CB, IMO. Besides, D'Joun Smith busted and Cromartie is just a short term pick up that we have no idea what we are getting in the course of a long season. Eric Rowe is much younger, would have been worth it to me.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A 2017 third or fourth is likely to be spent by us on a CB, IMO. Besides, D'Joun Smith busted and Cromartie is just a short term pick up that we have no idea what we are getting in the course of a long season. Eric Rowe is much younger, would have been worth it to me.

Don't know what was offered, of course, but I think Grigson still has the Eagles hotline number, so it's not hard to imagine that he talked to them about Rowe, unless they just didn't like him at all. If Grigson offered a 2017 fourth, I could see the Eagles taking the Pats offer instead, given the extra player that the Colts couldn't really match.

I'm not really on board for a third rounder, not when the team that has him doesn't value him and had him buried on the depth chart.